• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Ar10 1x10 Twist

MJBmxz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2010
Chilton,WI
www.facebook.com
Curious to see what grain bullets have worked for guys with AR10's that are .308's I get 1" groups so far with 165 Federal Fusion, and 1.5" Remington Power-shok hunting ammo. Trying to put together a good group together for some testing and want to find what bullet weights I should start with. I picked up a box of Hornady Tap 110grn from a friend, really curious to see how they fly!

Re: Ar10 1x10 Twist

The one the gun shoots well and in which you have confidence. Absent either of those success isn't likely.

Great results with 175 SMK, 175 Nosler CC's and 178 AMAX.
LR308 with 18" 10 twist barrel

FGMM 168 or 175 SMK are sub moa all day long provided the driver and equipment is capable.

If you've got a 1-10 twist barrel the heavier bullets should stabalize nicely and do better at distance. Plenty of data already here for you to research 308 loads.

Looks like I'll go with some heavier bullets. Thanks guys. Now I have a better idea of a area to start with. Time to go shopping!