• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ar10 300wsm

From reading (from other forums) about people having cycling issues with rifle length gas on 308's it all came down to gas port size. Check port size as with some variances it should still work fine.
Thank you again and I will look aver everything and see what I can learn from all the information I have received from here. You were a big help on this subject.

Reactions: Top O' Texas
I'm in the process of building up a similar LR-308 in .300 WSM. I am hopeful that I have done research/homework enough to make this all come together and work reliably/efficiently. I will be mostly using this for hunting but also enjoy some range time with it. I am going with a Rifle +2 gas system to smooth out the pulse, and tune with the adjustable gas block.

.300 WSM build:
Aero Precision M5 upper and lower (will have to file the ejection port to allow smooth ejection of the shell)
Aero Precision Atlas S-One M-LOK Handguard 15"
X-Caliber 416R SS 5R SPR barrel 5/8x24 threaded with 11 deg crown 1:8 twist (enlarged gas port)
KAK Magnum BCG
Riflespeed adjustable gas block
Surefire SOCOM300 SPS Suppressor

I'm in the process of building up a similar LR-308 in .300 WSM. I am hopeful that I have done research/homework enough to make this all come together and work reliably/efficiently. I will be mostly using this for hunting but also enjoy some range time with it. I am going with a Rifle +2 gas system to smooth out the pulse, and tune with the adjustable gas block.

.300 WSM build:
Aero Precision M5 upper and lower (will have to file the ejection port to allow smooth ejection of the shell)
Aero Precision Atlas S-One M-LOK Handguard 15"
X-Caliber 416R SS 5R SPR barrel 5/8x24 threaded with 11 deg crown 1:8 twist (enlarged gas port)
KAK Magnum BCG
Riflespeed adjustable gas block
Surefire SOCOM300 SPS Suppressor
Why the 8 twist? I know it could be a preference, but is it for mono's? LaRue 308 mags (if unaware) will have the longest room for up to 2.870" cartridge length. $92/per, but save $2 ($182 for 2) when buying 2.

Reactions: kl7883 and v220221
Well my thought process behind going with the 8 twist, was to allow me more bullet options, and remain stable with the heavier bullets. With the various loads I've been working up in Quickload and GRT, coupled with stability calculations. That seemed to give me the most options based on theoretical real world use. ie....if I wanted to use a 230gr or better I could. No real other reason than that.