• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

AR10 .308/ 7.62 Barrel ?'s

snakebyte922

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2011
Texas
I'm ready to replace the barrel LR-308 and I was looking for reputable places that could provide a little better barrel that i could gain some accuracy out of. If yall could point me in the right direction i would really appericate it!!!!

Re: AR10 .308/ 7.62 Barrel ?'s

Depending on your budget, all of the above recommendations are excellent. I went with a Rainier UM 18" and Im very happy. Will post more detailed review and some groups when I get around to it.

If money is not an object: Krieger

If you want it fast and affordable: Rainier or Fulton

You might want to take a look at brux as well.

Oh, not giving you a hard time here...but an AR10 is not the same as an LR308. Do not buy a barrel with an AR10 extension.

What are you looking to do with the rifle? That's the first question before deciding on what sort of barrel you want to invest in. How much accuracy are you willing to spring for?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MWM_5150</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, not giving you a hard time here...but an AR10 is not the same as an LR308. Do not buy a barrel with an AR10 extension. </div></div>

I'm well aware of this, but thanks for the heads up. I have a hard time convaying what I want to say in post sometimes. So therefor I over compensate with a lot of words to try make people understand what I am saying or asking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin Thomas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are you looking to do with the rifle? That's the first question before deciding on what sort of barrel you want to invest in. How much accuracy are you willing to spring for? </div></div>

I am willing to spring for a lot of accuracy!! That being said I mainly hunt with this rifle, but I also spend time on the bench shooting long range metal gongs. Weight is not a issue for me.

snakebyte922,

I'd suggest a good quality cut-rifled barrel then, just so long as you know going in that you're going to pay for it. They cost more, because they take much longer to make and require a lot more attention to detail. Done properly,though, they do tend to work very well. I'd recommend Satern Custom Machining, as I know they do a very good AR10 barrel. They also offer them in both Armalite and DPMS configurations.

When I built up my 7.62 gas gun, I was looking at either the Fulton Armory 18" criterion (Krieger) or the actual 20" Krieger. I went with the Krieger because Fulton was out of the Criterion's. Had it cut down to 18" (wanted to go to 16", but worried about gas port issues) after I had Krieger chamber it to my bolt.

End result? tack driver, I can hold it under 1" at 100yds and I am nothing special (I am waiting on a President's 100 to test drive it, I am guessing under 1/2"). It has no problem ringing man size steel, first shot at 650+ meters. I credit it to the barrel and the Geisselle trigger. Worth every penny I spent on it.