• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR10 style build

Shelly

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2009
NJ
A buddy of mine lives in Iowa and is looking to build a semi 308 using a DPMS upper and lower combo.
Any advice on a gunsmith for the build would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: AR10 style build

GA Precision (GAP) and American Precision Arms (APA) are probably two of the best options.

Depending on how "custom" he wants to go, there are some configurable, semi-custom options from companies like the JP Enterprises LRP-07 and Fulton Armory Titan.

im doing mine on my own. but there is GAP and i have heard APA mentioned. i got lucky and shouldnt need any special tools with what i have chosen. he can always buy already put together. look in the classifieds here. a 24" DPMS LR308 went for just $900 last night

i have been searching alot since i am gathering parts so i can tell you that there are plenty of uppers already assembled out there now

Thanks.. He has the upper & lower already along with a few other things and related GA is not taking any in at this time.
They do have a wait list.

APA will build you an absolute laser, though you'll have to see on their wait times. You cannot go wrong with those guys.

On the other hand, depending on what your buddy is looking for, he can get parts and have a reputable AR smith put them together. The key to an AR's accuracy is the barrel. You may want to have him start looking at the various barrel options for the role the rifle will fill.

If you do a search on here, there's some examples of AR10 builds guys have done that are very in-depth and thorough. That would be a good place to start.

is there a good assembler of uppers on here? i think i can build mine out, but i had thought about sending the parts for the upper to GAP, if they accept kidneys or whatever it is we have two of, or checking around on a builder. its a badger and i think with the pictorial that lonewolf (i think, he built the noveske barreled, badger forearmed 308 and it went together pretty easily it seemed. but since all the accuracy is in the upper, i thought someone may know a few tricks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DevilDoc224</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where in Iowa is he? Rhine Group in Ankeny would be a good place for him to check with. www.762sass.com </div></div>Does 762SASS work on DPMS platforms?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nihonjin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DevilDoc224</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where in Iowa is he? Rhine Group in Ankeny would be a good place for him to check with. www.762sass.com </div></div>Does 762SASS work on DPMS platforms? </div></div>

His stuff is for AR-10 rifles. No on the DPMS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DavidD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nihonjin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DevilDoc224</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where in Iowa is he? Rhine Group in Ankeny would be a good place for him to check with. www.762sass.com </div></div>Does 762SASS work on DPMS platforms? </div></div>

His stuff is for AR-10 rifles. No on the DPMS </div></div>Thats what I thought.