• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR15 - AR10 lower parts???

FNG

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2005
Allen, TX
Are the lower parts kits for the AR15 the same for the AR10's? Is there a difference between springs due to the heavier recoil of the 308?

Re: AR15 - AR10 lower parts???

Trigger parts are the same dimensionally, but 15 match triggers will usually not work, won't reliably light the primers. Geissele is the exception that I know of. The bolt release and selector are different.

There are more parts different then are the same, better to get a LPK meant for the Ar10.Also, as was said,buffer and spring are not the same.Triggers are interchangable but 308's need a heavier spring on the hammer for reliable ignition.

$59 ar15 $66 308 at brownells and midway. seem to be easier to get recently

Thanks for the info, I have an AR-10 stripped lower coming and was starting to get things bought for the build. I knew the buffer and spring were different but not sure about the trigger group. Appreciate the heads up for Brownells and Midway.

There are only like 4 to 5 parts that are different from the AR10 to the 15s.

i have a ar15 kit and i was gonna buy the different parts for my 308, but its easier to sell that kit and buy the 308 kit. the individual parts cost more than the difference in prices for the two kits. there are a few brands of kits too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have a ar15 kit and i was gonna buy the different parts for my 308, but its easier to sell that kit and buy the 308 kit. the individual parts cost more than the difference in prices for the two kits. there are a few brands of kits too. </div></div>

Keep it and save it for the next AR15 build you're gonna do...

What is the best kit for DPMS pattern AR10s? I since a lot of the parts are common, I can pick up a good AR one, but who makes the best AR10 specific parts. Are there even that many manufacturers?

DPMS has the lower parts kit for .308 for $64.95. If you look up item# LRPK-308-LTR,and look at the list of what is included, the .308 specific items are in bold print. Too bad this kit comes with the standard pistol grip. They could have left it out and saved you a couple of bucks, since you probably wont use it anyway.
What are you planning on using for a trigger? I have a LR-30S that Im looking to replace the trigger in. Ive been looking into American Trigger Corp. SRGold trigger. They're supposed to be top notch, but availability is kind of a mystery right now. Price is kind of steep too. I'd be interested to hear what you have in mind.