• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR15 SBR Question

BruxBarrels

Private
Minuteman
May 19, 2010
Lodi, WI
www.bruxbarrels.com
Should be a pretty simple question. If I register my lower as an SBR lower for an 8 inch 300 blackout upper, can I swap my 18 inch 223 wylde upper back and forth without going outside the realms of being legal?

Thanks

Kyle
Brux Barrels

Re: AR15 SBR Question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brux Barrels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should be a pretty simple question. If I register my lower as an SBR lower for an 8 inch 300 blackout upper, can I swap my 18 inch 223 wylde upper back and forth without going outside the realms of being legal?

Thanks

Kyle
Brux Barrels </div></div>

Yes. Just don't put 8" receiver on a unregistered lower.

Yes, you can even travel out of state with the non-NFA upper mated to the registered lower without filling out a 5320.20.

TransportingAnSBR-1.jpg

ATFLetter-SBR.jpg

Be advised... Unless you are "Mr. Wade M. Baily", the letter will mean nothing in your possession. The BATFE is quite specific on this.

Although it may state and quote sections of regs and laws... and these may be true, However, this "definition" is for Mr. Baily only. Copy it and keep it on file. But using it to save your backside may prove tough. Notice... There is no name of any agent on the bottom of the doc?

From what I know of the SBR world, the info is correct. BUT... CYA with knowledge of your own. Do your research.

(Thus ends my PSA. I'm no expert, just repeating what someone MORE "in the know" once told me. YMMV)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mn_Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be advised... Unless you are "Mr. Wade M. Baily", the letter will mean nothing in your possession. The BATFE is quite specific on this.

Although it may state and quote sections of regs and laws... and these may be true, However, this "definition" is for Mr. Baily only. Copy it and keep it on file. But using it to save your backside may prove tough. Notice... There is no name of any agent on the bottom of the doc?

From what I know of the SBR world, the info is correct. BUT... CYA with knowledge of your own. Do your research.

(Thus ends my PSA. I'm no expert, just repeating what someone MORE "in the know" once told me. YMMV) </div></div>

This is sage advice.