• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR15 Upper

hidta107

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2006
tucson
Have a spare lower need to know who sells a reasonably priced (Mid range price)barrelled upper receiver either A2 or flattop.

Re: AR15 Upper

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 26120mjm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have a spare lower need to know who sells a reasonably priced (Mid range price)barrelled upper receiver either A2 or flattop. </div></div>

Holy hell! There are literally THOUSANDS of different dealers, custom shops, manufacturers, etc. all making AR-15 uppers in the two criteria you listed. How about a little more on the want-list than "Mid range price" and "either A2 or flattop" as criteria?

What specifically are you looking for in terms of configuration? Or, to ask another way, what do you want/need to do with the rifle/carbine? For example, what do you want in terms of: 1) caliber (.223/5.56/6.5G/5.7/458/50/etc.); 2) barrel length/profile, 3) gas system type/length, 4) do you plan on mounting optics or using irons (either way, I don't usually recommend an A2/carry handle upper...get a flattop), 5) what specifically do you want to spend or what general range do you want to consider (ex. - $500-600? $750-800? etc.?)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 26120mjm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.223
16" LW
Carbine
Irons initially
500-600 or less
Thanks </div></div>

That's do-able! No problems. I would recommend something from Rock River Arms (RRA). They offer a quality "budget-minded" AR-15 (or complete upper) for your price range that should serve you well. I recently posted these sources for another member looking for a bit of a different setup than you are, but the fact remains that these dealers offer some of the best pricing you'll find anywhere and they are likely to have in-stock what you want/need.

Personally, for your budget and list of features, I'd look at getting one of RRA's Elite CAR or similar models. You should easily be able to get one for the lower end of your price range unless you outfit it with a detachable carry handle, etc. It is worth upgrade to the chrome lined barrel IMO, but that is your call.

http://www.ar15sales.com/rrauppers.htm - Legal Transfers has some of the lowest RRA prices in the country. Call or e-mail.

http://www.rbprecision.com/rock_river_arms_ar15_rifles.htm - Rob and Krista are good people. Drop them an e-mail for best pricing and availability.

Good luck!

I've got a couple LMT 16" carbine uppers in stock that I can make you a deal on that would be within your budget if interested.
grin.gif