• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AR15..YHM FLIP REAR with STANDARD FRONT ??WORK??

Bullseyelr

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 28, 2009
VA
AR15..YHM FLIP REAR with STANDARD FRONT ??WORK?? I have a RRA M4 upper with standard front. I had a Magpul flip rear (seemed like it was too tall)and I was 10" high and could not bring it down anymore without the front post coming out. I am looking into getting another YHM flip rear to go with my standard front. Will it work..as far as getting the bullet to come down (line up better with the front). On my other AR (BUSHY) I have a YHM flip front and rear and that works great. The flip rear (YHM) worked good with that standard front sight before I switched to a flip front....Any info?? I am wondering if I put the YHM flip rear on my M4 flattop, will it be ok with a standard front sight? I do not think it is a "f" marked sight.....thanks

Re: AR15..YHM FLIP REAR with STANDARD FRONT ??WORK??

Make sure you have a "f" marked front sight base. There are height differences between some manufacturers buis. Never used any yhm sights but my troy are different height than my carry handle.

Should work. I use ARMS rear flip ups with no issues. except, one time I had to change the post to a taller one...no biggie

X2 on the F marked front sight. F marked = flat top receiver. If it's not F marked, it's for an A2 receiver and will be the wrong height.