• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AR15barrels.com Contact info ...Finally Got it!!!

jakhamr81

Minuteman
Aug 12, 2009
FT Smith, Ar
I sent Randell a barrel of mine a couple years ago, and I received excellent service in less than week I had my barrel back.

Without checking on him, I recently sent him another barrel of mine. Apparently, his performance has taken a bit of a dive and people have had a difficult time dealing with him or even getting him to reply to any messages.

So he now has a barrel of mine, and I can't get a hold of him. I sent the barrel to him via USPS priority mail, and paid him with a USPS money order.

Anyone have any contact info for him; phone number, email, physical address?

Anyone have a similar experience even it was with another smith? I'd like to hear how they handled it and if their is any hope of me getting my barrel back.

Thanks fellas

Re: AR15barrels.com Contact info

I hope you don't get screwed like countless others seem to have gotten over the years. He is notoriously bad when it comes to comms and producing work in a timely manner. I don't think that I have the most up-to-date data on him, but the last number I have is: (909) 641-8410.

You should run a search on BARFCOM and/or calguns and see if you find anything more current for him. There is an entire, dedicated "feedback" thread on AR15barrels over on BARFCOM that outlines some of the problems you seen to be experiencing.

Good luck and Godspeed!!

Thanks ORD,

I was able to get in touch with Randell's mom, and she said that she would give him my message, and that if I don't hear back from him to feel free to call her back again; very pleasant lady by the way.

We shall see. I really hate when troubles come up like this. Most everyone I deal with in this industry have been very outstanding folks. I hope things get worked out.

You will get it back. No telling how long it will be though. I know lately he has been tied up out of state with his day job and hasn't been taking any new work. You should have gotten in touch with him before sending it. His operation is an evening/weekend deal (when he's around)

Randall has caught up on the work he ran behind on. April and May are bad time as it's a heavy match and work load for him...

I will pass along the message but you are in good hands man.

Thanks for the positive posts Dirt racer and Charlie, that's what I need to hear. Your right, I should have checked in prior to sending the barrel, as I normally would have. I just had such great service from him before, I never bothered to check on him.

I hope you two are right, I want to believe that this deal will work out... will just have to wait and see. I hope I can report back very soon that everything went as should.

Randall will do you right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the positive posts Dirt racer and Charlie, that's what I need to hear. Your right, I should have checked in prior to sending the barrel, as I normally would have. I just had such great service from him before, I never bothered to check on him.

I hope you two are right, I want to believe that this deal will work out... will just have to wait and see. I hope I can report back very soon that everything went as should. </div></div>

I'm glad to hear from some folks here "in the know" that he's back up and running on schedule. Having seen his work first-hand...it is top-notch. I hope that this all gets straightened out and that it goes a long way toward repairing some of the "Internet" hating against Randall and AR15barrels!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm glad to hear from some folks here "in the know" that he's back up and running on schedule. Having seen his work first-hand...it is top-notch. I hope that this all gets straightened out and that it goes a long way toward repairing some of the "Internet" hating against Randall and AR15barrels!! </div></div>If I worried about what the internet thought of me, I'd never leave home.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I worried about what the internet thought of me, I'd never leave home.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I couldn't agree more and I certainly don't give a damn what folks on the net think of me...I just hate to see it harm a man's business cause we all gotta eat!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm glad to hear from some folks here "in the know" that he's back up and running on schedule. Having seen his work first-hand...it is top-notch. I hope that this all gets straightened out and that it goes a long way toward repairing some of the "Internet" hating against Randall and AR15barrels!! </div></div>

If a vendor accepts work and payment, yet can't be bothered to at least communicate concerning delays or workload, let alone produce the agreed upon work in a timely manner.....then they have earned all the "hate" they get....

Randall and AR15 Barrels certainly deserve plenty of unhappy customers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Randall and AR15 Barrels certainly deserve plenty of unhappy customers. </div></div>And your firsthand experience is...?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Randall and AR15 Barrels certainly deserve plenty of unhappy customers. </div></div>And your firsthand experience is...? </div></div>

Getting a barrel returned with the wrong profile and the gas port drilled 180 degrees off....all after an extended wait past the due date and many unreturned attempts at coms.

So to be fair, exactly who are you that you think I owe you an explanation?????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So to be fair, exactly who are you that you think I owe you an explanation????? </div></div>Life isn't fair, better get used to it. If you are going to talk smack about someone, the least you can do is provide your reasoning for doing so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So to be fair, exactly who are you that you think I owe you an explanation????? </div></div>Life isn't fair, better get used to it. If you are going to talk smack about someone, the least you can do is provide your reasoning for doing so. </div></div>

Hold up, how is "life not fair" when the man just explained that he got a some work back that was not up to par. You called him out for an example, and that is exactly what you got. Then you throw out the life aint fair? Really?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So to be fair, exactly who are you that you think I owe you an explanation????? </div></div>Life isn't fair, better get used to it. If you are going to talk smack about someone, the least you can do is provide your reasoning for doing so. </div></div>

Hold up, how is "life not fair" when the man just explained that he got a some work back that was not up to par. You called him out for an example, and that is exactly what you got. Then you throw out the life aint fair? Really? </div></div>

No, that's just my standard response when people tell me something's not fair. It's a knee jerk reaction.

He obviously has a legit gripe, there wasn't much left to say. Smkshwn, Sorry for jumping you, just wondering if you had a reason or were just jumping him.

Seems the only one with talking smack from their cocksuck is you.....

I never said anything was unfair....I was indicating that if you want to ask for creds you better be willing to step to plate as well....you however don't think so

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Seems the only one with talking smack from their cocksuck is you.....

I never said anything was unfair....I was indicating that if you want to ask for creds you better be willing to step to plate as well....you however don't think so </div></div>The fair comment was only in reference to your statement about fair. So sorry about your barrel. Clean the sand out of your vagina and carry on. Jesus.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Selph Arms LLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have heard he does good work… </div></div>

Dude, 36 posts in one day? Must be a record.

So Randell sent me a PM here on the Hide; thank you to whoever got the message to him. This is what he had to say:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2156SMK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been out of town with my day job for most of the last 6 weeks.
On the days I was home for one night, I was just picking up work at the post office and throwing it into the shop.
Needless to say, there's a bunch of work in there waiting for me now.
If you give me your name and city, I can at least look out there and let you know where you stand in the grand scheme of things.

Randall Rausch
AR15barrels
</div></div>

Well, I replied back to him that day with my name and address, problem is that he won't reply back to me. It has been two weeks since this message. I have tried to call him several times and he does not answer. Last night he must have butt dialed me, because I had a four minute voice mail from him having a conversation about a parking lot. I know I have a good number for him, so I must assume that he is choosing to avoid contact with me.

I am not upset, I just want to get my barrel/ parts back if he is not able to do the work. If anyone understands what it is like to become so busy at your job that you have to neglect other responsibilities, its me...But, it is very irresponsible to continue to accept work from customers that you cannot do. It is also very childish and immature to avoid contact from someone that has entrusted you to perform the work on their firearms.

Whoever it was that got the message to Randall to contact me, could you also get a message to him to be a man and do the right thing. Either perform the work you have been hired to do in an acceptable time frame, or send everyone's parts back and refund their money. Please tell him to either accept his responsibilities as a "gunsmith" or give it up and close down his website.

...Thanks

Sometimes I wonder if "part-time gunsmiths" sometimes use longer wait times to try to legitimize themselves and look busy vs. the real smiths who are actually backlogged from the mass of happy customers and great word of mouth.

I have a Randall built upper. Its nice.

The long wait time is not what bothers me the most. What really bothers me is that he claims to be running a bussiness, but is childish enough to ignore his customers.... Who does that? A crook maybe? Would a reputable gunsmith ignore his clients?

I finally got my barrel back today, and Randell did do a good job. His communication definitely has room for improvement, but he did come through in the end.

Like I said before, the long wait is not the major issue; its the lack of communication and the no responses to countless emails and messages.

Thanks to everyone that got involved.

Came upon this thread on a google search. Randall gave me a 6week wait time on an upper I sent to him 8 weeks ago. Three attempts at getting updates have resulted in no-response.

The odd part is, he was very good about replying to messages when I was trying to get prices. I know he'll come through and get it done, but it'd be nice to know how much longer I'll be waiting.

Might have to try some mutual contacts that live a little closer to him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John L</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Selph Arms LLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have heard he does good work… </div></div>

Dude, 36 posts in one day? Must be a record. </div></div>

Your a Joke with 280 posts.........

Randall does good work. I dont give a SHIT what anyone says. I was just there yesterday and he built me 2 uppers, and did a little other work. Good guy and a friend....