• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Arbiter owners chime in - question regarding fitme

Pyrex

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2011
USA
I purchased an Arbiter back in feb and I'm still waiting. I ran into a problem and before I move any further I need some help from owners. How far back does the Arbiter slide over the barrel with the TOMB model? I'm looking into putting the can on a 7.5" .223 SBR and it has a pistol length gas system, so there is only an inch and a half give or take a bit from the muzzle. I'm afraid I might not be able to fit the can on this barrel and I need to know up front.

photo%5B2%5D.jpg

I know that the TOMB spaces it out further, but how far exactly? I'd appreciate it if anyone could measure from the shelf of the barrel threads back, how far it sits.

Re: Arbiter owners chime in - question regarding fitme

The rear of my TOMB mounts are flush with the thread shoulder on the barrel, it doesn't come any further back over the barrel like an AAC Miter mount or anything. With the can installed the thread end of the can does not go further back than the end of the TOMB, so it will fit reference the gas block. Whether or not it will fit under the handguard like the picture makes me think it may need to is another story.

In short your Arbiter and its mount will not cover anything that is not already threaded, if that's what you're asking.

FYI, I don't know what SAS would say about running a 7.5" 5.56 SBR with that particular can, but you may have worked this out already, so if it's elementary I apologize.

I plan on using sub loads with the gun, it's a cheapy and I've already tuned it to run subsonic. It shouldn't have any adverse effects. So it doesn't slide back over the barrel at all? Well that is reassuring, I thought they did. I see you're only a few miles from me, where do you shoot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pyrex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So it doesn't slide back over the barrel at all? Well that is reassuring, I thought they did. I see you're only a few miles from me, where do you shoot?</div></div>

No it doesn't, you should be good to go.

I am a member at Haltom City Rifle and Pistol Club which has a 200 yard range. Long distance I go out to Bronte, south of Abilene. My wife's family has 400 acres.

I'm a member of jcssa and the sand pit.