• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC M10 Scope Rings

Marksman_92

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2017
What are your opinions on the American Rifle Company M10 scope rings? I've heard mostly good. I have concerns with the high torque values on the scope portion, 50 inch pound? Anyone experience any negative effects from these high values? I was looking at Nightforce rings to mount my 5-25 ATACR but the rings will be going on a Kelbly Atlas Tactical action and I have concerns with the steel bases of the Nightforce going on Kelblys aluminum 20MOA rail. This leads me to the ARC M10 rings which are all aluminum, thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
1 big screw at 50in-lbs vs 4-6 tiny screws at 15-25in-lbs. That’s all you need to know; your scope will be fine.

Reactions: Billiam1211
ARC M10's are, in my opinion, some of the best rings you can use on a rifle. Don't worry about the high torque values, they are meant to be that way as it uses a larger diameter single cross bolt instead of four or six smaller diameter bolts. Most losses in bolt torque comes from friction from the threads and the head of the bolt to the point that these higher torque values are mostly reflecting the friction losses of the larger bolts. Actual clamping force is going to be similar to other "classic" style scope rings.

My favorite rings, don't plan on buying anything else anymore, currently have them on three rifles.

ARC M-10's are about as good as it gets for rings IMHO...

as others have said, they rock.

I really like the design, setting up a scope in them was super easy, didn't need to worry about anything being misaligned.

Reactions: Catahoula
Buy with confidence. I had 5 sets at one point. The clamping force is comparable to multi screws altogether

Except M10 much easier to mount scope

Unimount s if moving scope and mount between guns

M10 if moving scopes but leaving rings

Bubble level always with scope

Never had an issue with M10, Seekins, Vortex branded Seekins, Nightforce unimount, Badger rings

If you're worry about arc asking 50-55" lb torque for your tube..vs 4 screws 15"lb..
A 15 inch lb x4 is 60" lb..arc is still less...

Reactions: dinmax82
One more observation with the ARC, while using plm line to keep reticle straight/square with rail/rifle or anti cant..while tightening single screw scope dont really rotate/tilting that reticle.vs doing it with 4 or 6 screws

What height ARC rings would get a 56mm objective the lowest on a Tikka?

What height ARC rings would get a 56mm objective the lowest on a Tikka?
i have a 20moa rail on my T3, running a razor gen 2 with aadmount caps in a Spuhr 4601 (20moa) and i clear with the 30mm of the spuhr. I could clear 2mm more and thats with the cant in the mount too so the 28mm 1.1" M10 should be fine

Reactions: DuneShoot
I have them on my Vudoo, and love them. I am planning on getting them for a build I am about to start. Are their instructions that come with them? The guy at Vudoo said there is some feature of gizmo that makes them super easy to align. Would I need anything like the Spuhr installation tool? I can't find any instructions on how to use that either?

I have them on my Vudoo, and love them. I am planning on getting them for a build I am about to start. Are their instructions that come with them? The guy at Vudoo said there is some feature of gizmo that makes them super easy to align. Would I need anything like the Spuhr installation tool? I can't find any instructions on how to use that either?

They do come with instructions, yes. You need to level your scope manually (typically with a plumb bob or a level, plenty of sources for how to do that), but what makes them so easy is that they won't twist the scope off of plumb/level when you torque the rings.

Reactions: Steel head
They do come with instructions, yes. You need to level your scope manually (typically with a plumb bob or a level, plenty of sources for how to do that), but what makes them so easy is that they won't twist the scope off of plumb/level when you torque the rings.

this.

Reactions: Cmkaco
Best rings I've ever used, and I've used them all. Only rings I'll buy any more. I've torqued to spec on Athlon, Vortex, Steiner, Nightforce, SWFA, Bushnell, Kahles and Zero Compromise....no marks and no issues with any of them.

Reactions: Cmkaco
Ive got a kelblys atlas tactical and just purchased the leupold mk5 5-25×56. Looking to get the ARC m10 rings, what height would be the best fit thanks

4DE34C8E-727F-45CB-80B6-F4EC516B489F.jpeg

I love the arc M-10’s
Here’s a medium set on my Nuke with a 45 moa rail and a 56mm Cronus to show as example.

1615823271835.png

ARC has a penny stacking method on their website to determine the height of ring needed.

Then you'll likely need 1.5" rings, the same as if you were mounting to a monolithic rail platform or AR.
do they measure different than other ring manufacturers?

I run a 1.18" spuhr and 1.26 vortex pmr/seekins on 1.25" straight barrels

do they measure different than other ring manufacturers?

I run a 1.18" spuhr and 1.26 vortex pmr/seekins on 1.25" straight barrels
IDK, do they?

Or are you suggesting 1.18" and 1.26" ARC M-10's will work? Doesn't rail height also play into this as well? (rhetorical)

I run mediums which are 1.1 inches high, on a 30 moa rail, with a 1.25 straight barrel and I could get away with the lows which are 0.94 inches high. Got about 1/4 inch clearance at the moment which is a lot but is a great hight with my cheek piece nice and low and a jaw weld for positional shooting.

7DF915F8-1384-4166-9D20-EDD3DD7CE967.jpeg

Reactions: RWeeks7mm
I run mediums which are 1.1 inches high, on a 30 moa rail, with a 1.25 straight barrel and I could get away with the lows which are 0.94 inches high. Got about 1/4 inch clearance at the moment which is a lot but is a great hight with my cheek piece nice and low and a jaw weld for positional shooting.

View attachment 7587886
Yeah I thought the current philosophy is good positional height and good cheek weld for a better npa? Isn't the get the scope as low as possible passe these days?

Yeah I thought the current philosophy is good positional height and good cheek weld for a better npa? Isn't the get the scope as low as possible passe these days?
Yes, it is. But some are wedded to their ways of doing things.

Reactions: rydah
Pretty much. I try to have an upright and flexible jaw weld so every position is as similar as possible from low kneeling to standing etc.

Last edited:

View attachment 7587886
Even just prone I find higher rings just more comfortable.

Reactions: rydah
ARC rings are by far my favorite to use and mount. Have spuhr and others but every new build is gonna get m-10’s.