• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ARC M3 gen 3 scope rings

skydiver

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2010
Ohio
Anybody have any experience with American Rifle Company M3 gen 3 scope rings?
What do ya think?
Thanks

Re: ARC M3 gen 3 scope rings

Yeah they are hands down the most effective and bad A rings available to date! Pretty simple really, if you have a chance to get a pair in your hands, you will understand.... There really nice!!

The most innovative rings around. The quality is over the top. Basically like metal double opposing strap wrenches holding on to your scope.

I switched out some Warne tactical and Nightforce rings on my 3 main tactical rifles for the G3M3's.

I just saw them and I'm pissed.

I bought a pair of the "gen 2" rings middle of last year for my build. I'm still waiting on JAE to send me my stock so I can slap my rings and USO on the setup.

I visited their site to drool a little and WTF? Needless to say I was completely caught off guard to see that the rings I spent $200 on last year aren't in production any longer and don't even appear on their website.

I emailed them to do some inquiry, but holy cow I wasn't expecting this... and I don't want to have to spend another $200 to buy better rings because the old generation was less effective.

Yeah, I get that products improve over time and new designs come out. Stuff happens. I guess I'm just pissed that I spent that much damn money, have never gotten to use the product, and it's already outdated.

*sigh*

Sorry for the rant.

*edit*

I'm really hoping they'll discuss the rings with me. I'm close enough to easily drive to their shop, so maybe they'll work with me on something. (Maybe wishful thinking, but who knows...)

The GEN 3 rings are the cats ass. The quality is amazing, the design even better, and they look bad ass to boot.

Too bad the Theodore has decided to change the design on the M10 Rings but I'm sure that the new design will be awesome from what I've seen of his past work.

So after emailing him, I'm not sure if I have Gen 2 or Gen 3 rings? He sent me the specifics on what was changed across each generation:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I am not which sure which generation of scope rings you have. American
Rifle's scope rings have evolved over the past couple of years as customers
asked for additional or different functionality. The current M10 design is
a reflection of that feed-back and the effort to design a ring that will be
the most things to the most people. The evolution of the rings went
something like this:

M3 gen 1: addressed damage to scope and proper rail engagement

M3 gen 2: redesigned in order to produce rings in heights lower than those
possible using the gen 1 design.

M3 gen 3: redesigned to prevent canting the scope while tightening the
scope clamp screws

M3 gen 4: now designated M10 and redesigned in order to provide more
eye-relief adjustment by reducing the width of the ring.

I doubt there will be an M10 gen 2. Some tweaks to the design may occur but
some manufacturing related tweaks may occur in order to speed up producing.
Such changes will have minimal impact on the appearance of the ring and no
impact to its function. They are intended to improve the reliability of the
manufacturing process.</div></div>

I'm going to have to go back and look at my packaging to see if I can tell which ones I have.

*edit*

Looked at the box. I have the M3 Gen 2 rings.