• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC Mags

bribassguy

PRS Shooter -
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2010
Central PA
Back in Jan... I ordered 4 and got a delivery date of May 1st.

I haven't gotten a tracking number or shipment confirmation so I tried calling again, no one answered.

Anyone get theirs yet? Any update?

Last edited:
Lri posted a picture on Facebook a while back, showing the mag body, as work in progress. Mid summer I think.

I haven't heard anything on my order from PVA. A few weeks ago LRI had a FB post with a prototype and was saying something about mid to late Summer....

Website still says May 1st. And I don't do FacePalm, so I wouldn't have seen the delayed release news from LRI.

Are they changing them from the original design? Are they going to trickle them out as they build them or release them all at once.

Thought Josh said in either a post or some video that he was sending his first 200 out May 3rd.

Thought Josh said in either a post or some video that he was sending his first 200 out May 3rd.

That would be great. Was hoping to have these for the Breakneck PRS match, even if it was cutting it close.

It's the high end gun world. Take said delivery date and add two months. Especially when it comes to the things that are sourced out like coatings that becomes a get in line and hurry up and wait. I have not heard anything either I suspect it will be end of June or July.

ARC was just at the NRA convention, so give it a day or so before expecting an answer on anything.

Just ordered a few of these myself can't wait to see how they work. I love my aics but dayum they're tall and can get in the way sometimes if shooting from rooftops or rocks etc. aw mags are not an option for me so the arc mags might be the ticket. Ted said that they might need to be cleaned for reliability but thats an easy task

Unfortunately I don't see these being shipped on time. But one thing I can say based on experience with Ted and ARC, he's not going to release something unless his OCD says so. That translates to a great product but usually a longer wait time.

I was able to get a hold of ARC yesterday... he confirmed that he is behind but they are turning out great.

I call bullshit on all this.....I ordered 2 mags to try out...total bullshit....since there is a wait I'll order 2 more since these will rock. Wait sucks but so does the Clap. Wait till its over and you are happy as a pig in shit. 1st world

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

From Ted, posted on PVA Facebook page
0fa046b26e4235c1d3253e55914eca9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been watching the arc mag since the first of the year in hopes of a review or comparison. Does anyone have one of the final production pieces in hand? Would like to see a real life comparison.

Why wouldn't they fit Mausingfield? I'm sure they have been tested extensively by Ted on MF actions, as well as Remington pattern actions.

I haven't had an issue with communication from ARC. In fact, I called and Ted answered. Talked with him for probably an hour.

Ordered and asked if they fit Mausingfield. No answer. Emailed again and inquired about my question and order - no answer. Am cancelling.

Ted always answers and talks to me longer than any other business owner I've ever dealt with. Great guy.

And based on every piece of info out about them, especially from Ted and Josh from PVA, they fit any action setup to take AICS mags. The answer is right there for you. They will work with your Mausingfield.

One of you guys that talks to Ted needs to suggest a GB on the hide after he fills his back orders.

No need for any further updates. If he says they are shipping by the end of the month. Give him til the end of the month. Stop calling him and talking to him for 1 hour at a time hahahaha. I don't want to blame you if I do t get my mags by the end of the month!!! ;)

No need for any further updates. If he says they are shipping by the end of the month. Give him til the end of the month. Stop calling him and talking to him for 1 hour at a time hahahaha. I don't want to blame you if I do t get my mags by the end of the month!!! ;)

Not in any rush, just curious because I know how this stuff goes. I would prefer a longer wait for a gtg product and was just curious if everything's still on track.

Ted says shipping will begin next week for ALL magazine orders.

Last edited:
I was told the delay was due to him wanting to make them perfect by going the extra 20 miles and putting a special teflon coating so they work like butter. Super exited and def worth waiting for.

Hot damn, when did you place your order Niles? I cannot wait for these to arrive - my M5 has never liked the aics or the accurate mags and I'm praying these arc ones finally give me the smooth ride I expected

I placed my order in early April and I got my shipping notice last night.

07b7f7ea1d26a7960bd8dab0888493a4.jpg

Check the mail today guys!!

I am interested to hear the reviews!

I won't get to the range until Wednesday so I'm sure someone will beat me to it. Just loading them up and cycling them through my Mausingfield, it fed flawlessly.

I won't get to the range until Wednesday so I'm sure someone will beat me to it. Just loading them up and cycling them through my Mausingfield, it fed flawlessly.

My sentiments exactly. Got mine today and the fit to my Mausingfield and KRG chassis is fantastic.

Just got mine aswell, I placed the order on May 8th. Unfortunatley I am at work so I can even fiddle around with dummy rounds yet.

Ted originally said they need to stay relatively clean to run properly but I'd like to give them a good drop or two in the dirt, dust them off and see how they react. Based on my match this past weekend, I wouldn't want some dirt to hinder their performance. Things got rather dusty.

Well here's my experience today.... I couldn't get a clean 10 rounds through them. I have 2 and both acted the same.

I have a Mausingfield in a krg chassis. One of two things would occur. Either they would nose dive and the round would just jam forward, not feeding into the chamber. If you hit the bolt hard enough, it would just nick the rim and go forward without feeding.

The other was the follower would jam sideways as the mag had less rounds in it. Unfortunately, one of these two events occurred on every single mag. Never did I get through ten rounds without a hiccup. I included pics here.

One thing I did notice was the follower would jam stuck if I pushed down on just the front. It would stick in the mag and not spring back up. My AI mags don't do that. No matter how that follower goes down, it always comes back up true.
0ea46098b61d6e81d2c0e957c95fbfbf.jpg
937dca2859b360895402fd44750b77c6.jpg
99b5e9266e599cdcee657b13680d1bfa.jpg

Last edited:
Mine ran flawlessly feeding 6 dasher dummy rounds (10). Ran them in mausingfield action about 8-10 times, could not induce any kind of problem. Will get them out and run some live rounds through in the next 4-5 days but so far looks good.

Mine ran flawlessly feeding 6 dasher dummy rounds (10). Ran them in mausingfield action about 8-10 times, could not induce any kind of problem. Will get them out and run some live rounds through in the next 4-5 days but so far looks good.

Hoping they work out. Good to hear they ran good for you. I ran 6.5x47 through them and just couldn't get a solid 10 rounds through them and I ran a full mag about 6-7 times. I ran my aics mags in between and didn't get any issue.

I believe I am seeing the same issue as Stag556 is.

I first thought these mags were great because my issues with Alpha mags have been that they wont even fit with 10 rounds in them as the sides bulge out and the AICS magazines are very difficult to chamber a round when it is full.

The ARC mags did not bulge at all when fully loaded and they fit in perfectly in the mag well. They are also really smooth loading those first rounds of a full magazine.

I loaded 8 live rounds and 2 snap caps on top so I was only chambering the first 2 rounds. After seeing what Stag556 said, I took out my firing pin and started running the full magazine. The issue I see is that the front of the follower gets stuck and the round just jams into the front of the magazine, if you push the back of the case back in the magazine the front will reset but I have been trying to get all 10 to work flawlessly and at least one gets stuck, usually in the bottom half of the magazine (after 5 have successfully been chambered and extracted).

In my excitement yesterday I ordered 2 more but I have since requested that order be canceled. Hopefully other people have this issue and a resolution or workaround is discovered otherwise I am back to only having one smooth properly running mag (my AICS 5 rounder).

I figured out what the issue is with my setup, the tip of the bullets are getting caught on the ramp in the action. I don't really know who to place the blame on for this one, I am sure I could have my smith fix it so that the ramp isn't obstructing the magazine.

Attachments

• 20170613_193801.jpg
    20170613_193801.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 20170613_193955.jpg
    20170613_193955.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 65