• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC Mags

I got all 4 of mine, the first mag was Bob Marley... We be Jammin'

It looked like follower was tilted for some reason, I took off the bottom plate of and put everything back in and it seems to cycle okay. Headed to range this week and I'll update.

Added info: TL2 Action in XLR chassis.

Last edited:
Seems to be a mix of success and issues. I'm trying to look for a common denominator but don't really see one. I'm running a Mausingfield in a KRG chassis. My main issue is feeding, not engaging the feed ramp.

I know I've read that people with Mausingfields have had success. Anyone here use them in a KRG?

Seems to be a mix of success and issues. I'm trying to look for a common denominator but don't really see one. I'm running a Mausingfield in a KRG chassis. My main issue is feeding, not engaging the feed ramp.

I know I've read that people with Mausingfields have had success. Anyone here use them in a KRG?

I could be wrong by looking back through it, it seems a majority of he issues possibly coming from actions that are not AW cut? This looks to be a common denominator, as it looks like most others that aren't having issues seem to have an action that has an AW cut. I could be wrong but that's just what it looks like to me.

A lot of the problem with these magazine systems is the massive (and unknown) variety of magazine wells, DBM, chassis, calibers, actions, and their orientation/installation. With traditional stocks, and even with some chassis, there is fitting work that is done with the DBM to get the magazines at the right ride height and angle and avoid binding. But everyone's rig is "custom" (AKA different).

A lot of the problem with these magazine systems is the massive (and unknown) variety of magazine wells, DBM, chassis, calibers, actions, and their orientation/installation. With traditional stocks, and even with some chassis, there is fitting work that is done with the DBM to get the magazines at the right ride height and angle and avoid binding. But everyone's rig is "custom" (AKA different).

That is true and I may just take my mags to my smith to have him "fit" them to my action/dbm combo. At least that may help rule some of this out.

I am using these also in a manners t4a with a surgeon action and sometimes they work and sometimes they fuck up between the 7th and 8th round I am positive it has something to do with those two ears up front would like to know if I should just file a little bit off to keep them from binding?I would like to know what the fix is because I like these mags.

I am using these also in a manners t4a with a surgeon action and sometimes they work and sometimes they fuck up between the 7th and 8th round I am positive it has something to do with those two ears up front would like to know if I should just file a little bit off to keep them from binding?I would like to know what the fix is because I like these mags.

what two ears?

Yes, file them down. Ted had me do that. It solved my issue of the follower binding but it didn't alleviate my failure to feed issue.

The two ears are on the bottom side of the follower.

Bought 2 mags, and I am having feeding issues with both mags in both of my precision rifles. Can't cycle a single magazine past the 2nd or 3rd round - the bullets nose dive down at that point.

One rifle is a GA Crusader in a JAE stock in 6.5 creedmoor, the other is a TacOps X-Ray 51 in .308.

Well I got mine today. I cycled ten rounds through the rifle fine, but it is very easy to jam up the follower just playing around with it. I took a 5 round follower and spring from an AICS mag and it fit and fed fine from the ARC mag. It probably doesn't have quite enough spring pressure to be reliable once it gets dirty, but the follower fits the ARC mag just fine and I can't get it to jam up. I'd attach a pic, but posting pics on this forum is garbage.

-Dan

ARC Mag order holders: Here are the mags that are shipping today, by Order ID. If you don't see your number in there then I need to know IMMEDIATELY so it doesn't get missed. I think I got everything but let me know if you don't see your order on the list.

Order ID Qty Mags
740 4
736 6
735 1
724 1
718 1
709 1
654 1
653 2
573 1
572 1
569 2
553 3
545 2
544 2
537 1
536 1
529 2
524 2
514 1
504 1
503 2
501 1
497 2
489 2
485 2
481 1
480 2
470 1
468 1
461 2
455 1
454 1
451 1
449 3
444 4
441 4
438 5
437 2
433 2
431 2
430 1
429 1
428 2
427 2
426 1
425 2
424 3
422 2
420 2
416 2
411 3
410 1

PVA you da bomb ... email order placed 11:43, email order shipped 11:55 - thats warp speed !!!

Tikka T3 in a KRG chassis, 6.5 Creed with RDFs loaded to 2.150" ogive, cycled 10 rounds through 10x and no hiccups. Taking a class with Jacob this weekend, will see if I can break them under normal stress-fire use.

Passed live fire testing for me! Headed to a match this weekend and expect they'll perform just fine! Any body need some aics mags I'll have more for sale lol

Got mine in today and did some quick function check in a TL-3 6 Dasher in a Manner's mini-chassis. Works awesome. Mag feeds like butter, even better than an AICS with a spacer kit. I even tried to trip it up by loading rounds alternating between shoved all the way forward and all the way back in the mag, and these were stubby Dasher rounds at 2.26" OAL. Still fed perfectly without a hiccup.

I also function checked the mag for using it as a rear support like on a small platform where you want to shoot bipod + modified prone. With the full weight of the rifle resting on the magazine it still feeds and functions great, no hangups. The only thing I noticed is that it will make the TL-3 act like a push feed instead of a controlled round feed, so you have to close the bolt to get extraction. No issue for normal usage.

I'm digging it. We'll see how it does in matches and when it gets dirty but right now it seems like the ARC mag and TL-3 are a perfect match.

Still having issues with mine...it looks like the rounds are getting pushed forward and the tips (140 ELDs) are hitting the front wall of the magazine causing them to nose dive and then FTF.

If I am very careful and load them with the round 100% of the way against the rear the will some times be okay, some times not.

Talked to a few guys running dashers / br and seems like everything is great with shorter rounds.

Got mine. Mausingfield, XLR Element, 6x47L. Ran great fast or slow. Dropped free. First round needs much less force to chamber than an AICS. Expect they'll be good to go for me.

I received my mag today. Only had a chance to run 10 rds through it with a McRee chassis but they fed fine and it locks up tight. Running a 6.5x47 Lapua with 140 hybrids.

Has anyone been able to find a fix for the failure to feed (round jamming straight into feedramp? I figured I'd check here before calling ARC. I'm sure they're getting a lot of calls lately

Has anyone been able to find a fix for the failure to feed (round jamming straight into feedramp? I figured I'd check here before calling ARC. I'm sure they're getting a lot of calls lately

I have not. A couple opinions I've heard had been a modification to the feed ramp on some actions but that doesn't seem logical to me just to get a certain mag to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ran mine in a local practical match this weekend and they worked perfectly not one hiccup and every time it fed butter smooth! Also took home the win!

If anyone has one that doesn't work in in their setup, please PM me. I might take a chance on one for testing.

I'm running into a problem with the ARC mags...
here is a quick vid I shot of the problem

Take the follower out of the magazine and shave the two "ears" that you see on the bottom side. That will alleviate the follower sticking as you showed in your video. Unfortunately it still didn't solve my failure to feed issue.

Take the follower out of the magazine and shave the two "ears" that you see on the bottom side. That will alleviate the follower sticking as you showed in your video. Unfortunately it still didn't solve my failure to feed issue.

i can't wait to take my 5 brand new mags apart and take a file to them to make them *hopefully* work the way they were supposed to from the factory

not

i can't wait to take my 5 brand new mags apart and take a file to them to make them *hopefully* work the way they were supposed to from the factory

not

Sound like a diva. I had to modify nearly all my pmags to work with my SCAR 16S. Let's not talk about the travesty that is SR pattern pmags either...

Shot 350 rounds through these mags this past weekend. Having the same issue as most with rounds pushing forward in the mag due to recoil and then jamming randomly as the tips of the bullets are getting stuck on the feed ramp of the action. Even if I make sure the rounds are all touching the rear of the mag I will randomly get a failure to feed, reaching into the action and giving a tiny push on the rear of the round solves it but that's a few seconds lost on a stage I can't deal with. Comparing followers with a standard AI mag there are two things missing from these. First something that keeps the follower from moving inside the mag as previously pointed out. Second the AI mags have a bump on the follower that keeps the rounds from sliding forward very far, assume that the last round anchors the rest and keeps these same issues from happening. Either a new follower design is needed with some new features or possibly a restrictor plate in the mags to keep the rounds from moving forward would solve this for me personally, I'll probably rig up the latter and see how it goes. Shooting 6.5 Creed with the Berger VLD reamer so my rounds are 2.800" OAL right now and could handle a plate in the front.

For you guys having zero issues like this can you share your round OAL? I think I've seen most people with TL2/3 and Mausingfield report no problems - what's the max OAL for those actions?

not

I hear ya. That's what Ted had me do. Other than that, I got nothing. Either way, they still don't feed flawlessly for me.

I ran 120 rnds through mine in a match this weekend. It fed flawlessly this time around, but I made sure to keep it clean"ish". I'm running a factory 700 with a COAL of 2.940, but my feed ramp has been clearanced accordingly. I wonder how many of the people having problems were using AICS mags with the plate and a max internal length of 2.800? Now that they have a mag with a longer internal length, and their actions simply can't swallow a bullet that may be sitting farther forward.

So what's the max COAL for these?

AI mags have that spacer up front to prevent rounds from moving forward enough to allow them under the feed ramps.

I ran 120 rnds through mine in a match this weekend. It fed flawlessly this time around, but I made sure to keep it clean"ish". I'm running a factory 700 with a COAL of 2.940, but my feed ramp has been clearanced accordingly. I wonder how many of the people having problems were using AICS mags with the plate and a max internal length of 2.800? Now that they have a mag with a longer internal length, and their actions simply can't swallow a bullet that may be sitting farther forward.

This may be part of the problem. Also, my earlier post may have gone unnoticed, but here's something you can try:

If you have a 5 round AICS mag, take out the follower and spring and put it in your ARC mag. My functions fine this way. Maybe Ted can devise a new follower that more closely imitates the AICS follower.

-Dan

So what's the max COAL for these?

AI mags have that spacer up front to prevent rounds from moving forward enough to allow them under the feed ramps.

About 2.970 on the ARC. Not all AI mags have the binder plate (spacer) in the front. Accurate Mags can be ordered without it, but you obviously need an action that has room for the bullets to clear also.

If someone is bored and has already performed "the ARC follower mod" would you mind sharing a picture of the modded follower so we can see how brutal the file job had to be .

Also can confirm that the mags feed 260 in a APO chassis and 6.5x47 surgeon action in a whiskey 3 - just not happy that longer rounds are causing the follower to bind, as others are finding out

If someone is bored and has already performed "the ARC follower mod" would you mind sharing a picture of the modded follower so we can see how brutal the file job had to be .

Also can confirm that the mags feed 260 in a APO chassis and 6.5x47 surgeon action in a whiskey 3 - just not happy that longer rounds are causing the follower to bind, as others are finding out

51c7718578a49a8db1009ba919c9062f.jpg

I was instructed by Ted to file them down to be even with the top of the follower.

Stag556 Appreciate this ...... refills coffee , gets files out, pops follower out of mag and pretends to continue working from home :)

Sound like a diva. I had to modify nearly all my pmags to work with my SCAR 16S. Let's not talk about the travesty that is SR pattern pmags either...

your $20 plastic p-mags?
I fail to see how that has any similarities to what I just described. If you have to make a mag work with a chassis or action that's one thing. When the mag itself doesn't do what it supposed to do i.e. feed a round then there's a problem
i wish I could blame your reading comprehension but I literally made a video showing the magazine problem and you still somehow came up with that ignorant post

Last edited:
I took both of my mags apart and shaved the ears or points down on the follower. I then cleaned he mags really well and lube the spring and inside he mag with a quick drying dry film lube. I re-assembled them and they feel much better. I can't create a tilted/jammed follower unless I press all the way down in the front. Before I would only press on the front about an inch down and it would create a tilted follower.

Hoepfully this week I can run them in a trued 700 to see if there are any issues.

This mag would greatly benefit from an anti-titl follower or a very thin plate in the front to keep the follower level.

Last edited:
Filed down ears, only one round better. I get 5-6 before the rounds wont feed, have to finger everyone to get it working. At least it is consistent. Rem 700 Tac 21 chassis. 308. Lock and drop free no problem.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

your $20 plastic p-mags?
I fail to see how that has any similarities to what I just described. If you have to make a mag work with a chassis or action that's one thing. When the mag itself doesn't do what it supposed to do i.e. feed a round then there's a problem
i wish I could blame your reading comprehension but I literally made a video showing the magazine problem and you still somehow came up with that ignorant post

:rolleyes: How's the breeze up there? ;)

I fail to see how finger-fucking a mag in your living room like it was your first fat chick in high school is really an indication of a follower problem.
Can somebody post up a video of a follower getting jammed that is happening in a rifle?

​​​​​​

I fail to see how finger-fucking a mag in your living room like it was your first fat chick in high school is really an indication of a follower problem.
Can somebody post up a video of a follower getting jammed that is happening in a rifle?

​​​​​​

I can't replicate the issue unless it's live fire at the range. But the follower sticks very easily which is an issue for some. Mine included. The designer of these mags told me to file the ears off and that helped some but still doesn't feed properly.

I'd love to have video but it's kinda hard when alone at the range. Only thing I have video of is rounds not feeding and even with that, I can't get an angle that shows inside the chamber as I'm cycling.

​​​​​​

When you barely push down on a follower in a mag and the follower gets stuck then there is a problem. I was just stating my issue without having ran mine yet. Others are having issues live fire where the follower is tilting forward and jamming up. If I can't push my followers down anymore then an inch with my fingers and it jam what do you think it's gonna do fully loaded or loaded half way if any tilt is cretated at all. Have you even read the entire thread and seen how many people are having issues? Do you have any of these mags yourself or in hand?

As far as fat chicks in high school goes, speak for yourself. I was slaying hot ass like it was going out of style

When you barely push down on a follower in a mag and the follower gets stuck then there is a problem. I was just stating my issue without having ran mine yet. Others are having issues live fire where the follower is tilting forward and jamming up. If I can't push my followers down anymore then an inch with my fingers and it jam what do you think it's gonna do fully loaded or loaded half way if any tilt is cretated at all. Have you even read the entire thread and seen how many people are having issues? Do you have any of these mags yourself or in hand?

As far as fat chicks in high school goes, speak for yourself. I was slaying hot ass like it was going out of style

Read the post yourself. You'll answer your own question about if I have mags or not. There is also some good info posted by some others.

I can't replicate the issue unless it's live fire at the range. But the follower sticks very easily which is an issue for some. Mine included. The designer of these mags told me to file the ears off and that helped some but still doesn't feed properly.

I'd love to have video but it's kinda hard when alone at the range. Only thing I have video of is rounds not feeding and even with that, I can't get an angle that shows inside the chamber as I'm cycling.

My followers jamb like that also if I do to them what I saw in the video, yet in 300rnds of live fire, it hasn't done it once.
Is it possible that recoil is driving the tips of your bullets under the feed ramp, due to the increased mag internal length, and then the bolt is tipping them the rest of the way?