• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC Mausingfield or Coup De Grace?

Kxaxukluth

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2023
United States
Hello gents this is my first thread here so show me some semblance of mercy please. I've followed Ted and ARC since around 2016 when I stumbled upon the Mausingfield and have lusted after one ever since however, with the CDG coming out I'm torn as to which would be the better option. I'd love the opinions of those who've not only used both but have likely sent more lead down range than I've drawn gasps of air.

Reactions: MxTexas
I had a Mousingfield and thought I wanted a CDG so I ordered one. I kept the Mousingfield after the CDG came in and I played with it for a while.

Reactions: MxTexas
My M5 Mausingfield is by far my favorite custom action and I’m looking at picking up a CDG. Guys that had both and kept the Maus, can you let me know why you ended up with the Mausingfield? Bolt lift? Smoothness? Prefits are available for both from great smiths out there so barrel availability is a tie for me.

Reactions: Kxaxukluth
My M5 Mausingfield is by far my favorite custom action and I’m looking at picking up a CDG. Guys that had both and kept the Maus, can you let me know why you ended up with the Mausingfield? Bolt lift? Smoothness? Prefits are available for both from great smiths out there so barrel availability is a tie for me.
I'm curious about this myself.

I'm sure other people will have different reasons, and some of mine are opinions that may be unfounded.

My Mousingfield has a claw, and I had no plans on running AW mags. The CDG has holes all over it that makes me think it'll plug up with fine dust/dirt. The CDG is heavier and has fat bolt that rides in the action with a groove in the side to keep it indexed with the ejector. The Mousingfield smaller diameter bolt that has lugs that run in raceways and feels like more solid. For hunting I think the Mousingfield will run in dirtier conditions then the CDG.

I did like the pivoting handle, but kept my Archimedes as well.