• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC Xylo Chassis fitment with stock Remington 700?

barnaby

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2014
Raleigh NC
Working my way towards a more custom rifle.

Wanted to use the Xylo Chassis with a stock Remington 700.

I'm getting interference with the stock bolt release.

Once the action is placed in the chassis the bolt release binds.

Anyone done this? Searches have come up empty for me.

Thanks.

Can you send me a picture of it? [email protected]
Look to see if (where) the bolt stop mechanism is touching the Xylo.
Remingtons can be a little more banana-shaped than custom actions. The Xylo will be straighter than the action.
Loosen the bedding screws. Recheck the interference. Tighten just the front screw while looking at the bolt release to chassis interference.
As you tighten the bedding screw try to keep the trigger exactly in the middle of the trigger guard.
This might fix it, but I suspect the bolt release might be slightly bent or something and could be filed down to spec pretty easily.
I don't have a Remington in front of me now, so if the above doesn't help please email me or call the shop and we will figure it out!
KS

Hello Keith,

Thanks for the reply and I did call and speak with Justin.
Ran through all the above checks yesterday and confirmed that it is the bolt release.
Placed the action back in the Bergara stock and am mulling over options.
  1. Ship the Xylo back for adjusting as offered?
  2. Buy a new barreled action in .308?
Thanks again for the response and the great support via phone.

The area where the trigger sits is neither wide enough nor long enough to accommodate the bolt release of my Remington 700

And now to kill the resale value of this chassis with pictures.

Idiot marks on the left side from attempting to fit.

IMG_3636.jpeg

Managed to finesse the width.. but then the lever of the bolt release is too long to lower into the trigger well when actuated.

Half assed measurement because pictures / video of the action in the chassis were impossible with an iPhone.

Tip of the extended bolt release to the center of the rear action screw
IMG_3633.jpeg

Center of the rear action screw to .. beyond the end of the trigger well.
IMG_3634.jpeg

Hope that helps.

Can you send me a picture of it? [email protected]
Look to see if (where) the bolt stop mechanism is touching the Xylo.
Remingtons can be a little more banana-shaped than custom actions. The Xylo will be straighter than the action.
Loosen the bedding screws. Recheck the interference. Tighten just the front screw while looking at the bolt release to chassis interference.
As you tighten the bedding screw try to keep the trigger exactly in the middle of the trigger guard.
This might fix it, but I suspect the bolt release might be slightly bent or something and could be filed down to spec pretty easily.
I don't have a Remington in front of me now, so if the above doesn't help please email me or call the shop and we will figure it out!
KS
I just talked to Ted... It is our mistake! We will make it right. Just send the Xylo back and we will fix it.
We tried to accommodate as many actions and triggers as we could, and we just overlooked the standard Remington with the stock bolt stop. Lots of Remington owners have their gunsmith modify it with a custom bolt stop, and other actions have a different bolt stop mechanism.
I'm personally sorry! Thank you for bringing this to our attention and understanding. I really hope you were happy with your Xylo (everything else at least) so far, and that you'll love it after we fix the problem. If you have any other problems please feel free to talk to me, anytime.
KS

Son of a bitch. I’m going through this same thing with my new xylo from the July 4th sale. Went to clean the barrel and couldn’t get the bolt out. Went to google after I had already set about to fixing it myself… only see the first result is a thread where I’ve already commented trying to help diagnose it for someone else. :confused:

Factory 700 receiver with ptg bolt fitted to it.
I was dumb and didn’t take a before pic, but the bolt release would go no where. So I started grinding where I can see those same interference marks from the OPs pic to clearance it. That wasn’t enough.

First off, they knew about it half a year from the OP before I got this chassis and as established above the pocket isn’t even long enough for the release in the first place. Could see a mark on the bottom of the release where it had been scratched against the chassis. So I had to grind like .3 inches off the end of the release to make sure it was clear of that interference mark.
This is what I removed on the bench grinder.
0FC7E9FE-82C9-48FB-AFF6-E460DFD83DAF.jpeg

With the lug against the chassis but the back lifted up a smidge you can see down into it where the radius of the pocket stuck into the releases travel marked here back to the bolt stop. The little shiny spot between the red lines is where the bolt release was hitting originally with a matching mark on the under side of the release.
97A33458-BAB9-4AAE-948B-E7234416FBE7.jpeg

So I got that shortened up on the grinder plus a little bit for good measure. Still no go.
But I can tell the end of it is no longer impeded when I tilt it forward and see and check figment and if I rotate the action so the release is hanging down in free space it works. Now it’s just the sides of the chassis that need to be relieved. So I went to town with a dremel again.

The forward most mark is where the release was hitting originally, its way over on the side of the chassis!
You can see where the spring is scratching still where it slightly hangs over/onto the release but it can now drop enough and then, I guess, bend over a smidge once it’s low enough that I can now remove the bolt. So Ill say Ive clearanced it enough even though its still not "clear"
image.jpg

This plus needing to take like .07 off of the mag latch to get any metal mag to latch in (aics, mdt and accurate all failed- only the magpuls worked in factory form) is quickly making me dislike the chassis.

I was in awe when I first pulled it out of the box, the more I use it the more I realize how much Im having to work on it to make it work and Im less in awe. But Im now deep enough in ground up chassis and lug wedges-weights (that still havent shipped for 10 days) that I know Ill never get my money back out of it so I doubt it will get sold now...

The machining and design features are amazing, the implementation for a normal 700 is lacking.

(rant over, at least I can get a bore guide in now)

Last edited:
To be fair, the Xylo was probably designed to mainly work with ARC actions. I had to doctor on the trigger hanger in my Impact a bit to get it to fit
w/o fouling.

To be fair, the Xylo was probably designed to mainly work with ARC actions. I had to doctor on the trigger hanger in my Impact a bit to get it to fit
w/o fouling.
To be fair, I don’t think they did a great job at implementing it.
B92738B1-9FB8-4894-A33A-6351B50F6AED.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm glad you guys have posted this, the Xylo is on the short list of chassis for the wife's rifle. I think I'll give em a bit to see if it gets fixed. Or keep stalking gen 1 AICS folders.

I'm glad you guys have posted this, the Xylo is on the short list of chassis for the wife's rifle. I think I'll give em a bit to see if it gets fixed. Or keep stalking gen 1 AICS folders.
I mean, honestly now that its all ground clear I still really like the chassis. Just pissed off when I go to soak a barrel early in the morning in my pajamas in order to have it ready before lunch and I cant get the damn bolt out.

Reactions: Stoweit
I mean, honestly now that its all ground clear I still really like the chassis. Just pissed off when I go to soak a barrel early in the morning in my pajamas in order to have it ready before lunch and I cant get the damn bolt out.
I'm sure it's easy, just wish ARC would just program the additional 60 seconds of machine time for us poors. I still want to get my hands on one, I'll just wait tell they either A) get it fixed or 2- they are on sale again(which ill wait for anyway). I ain't scared to modify anything. Just when shelling out $1k+ dont think I should have to, especially from a company like ARC.

Reactions: spife7980
I have put RimX, Vudoo & Bergara Premier action in my XYLO without any issues at all. Pictures on the RimX & Vudoo. If you are worried about it not being right contact them before you buy it and tell them what is being dropped in it. I would be willing to bet they make sure its right before you get it. I am glad I have one as I was thinking about a MDT ACC.
tempImage3dR2K8.png
tempImage85wGoA.png

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
OK, so you havent had any issues with the stuff that obviously isnt the source of the issues being discussed. Good contribution.
I still say contact them. People make mistakes. They admitted to that mistake in an earlier post. They took care of the mistake. You could have for some un known reason got an older chassis already made before they made the adjustment. I have 2 Rem 700s in other chassis Ill be happy to remove them and see if mine is the same or a newer one that is corrected. A company that is willing to correct an issue and admit they made a mistake is leaps and bounds ahead of other companies. Just contact them if you haven't already.

ARC offered to pay for shipping and modify the chassis.
I decided to move in a different direction and did not take them up on the offer.

ARC offered to pay for shipping and modify the chassis.
I decided to move in a different direction and did not take them up on the offer.
Good to know, on both fronts. Frustrations are understandable, but that's also Grade A customer service on display for future readers of this thread.

I also purchased a Xylo during the July4th sale and placed a Bergara HMR Pro 6.5 cm barreled action. The action fits fine and the bolt works perfectly, but magazines are extremely tight. I can insert the magazine, but have to push it in quite firmly to get it to lock in place. They also do no drop free and need to be forcefully pulled out of the magazine well. MDT, Magpul, AICS are all the same. What do I need to trim in order to get magazines to fit properly?

Reactions: Defender32
I have seen their Magwell tighter than anyone else's. I had 4 Vudoo Metal mags that had to be pulled from the chassis. Vudoo said it was an issue on their part and sent me replacements. I have used MDT and Magpul AICS that work well. My Rim X Mags are a little sloppy side to side but feed fine.