• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arca on the handguard

BoulderE89

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2019
St. George, UT
So I’m putting together a new 18” 6 ARC build and am down to just the handguard to finish it out. I was planning all along to get the St. of arms 15.5” handguard that has an integrated arca rail in it. Only problem is now it’s out of stock.

My question to you guys is do you think it’s worth waiting for the integrated arca or just going and getting a handguard and slapping an arca rail to it?

Something @Terry Cross said about integrated Arca rails getting damaged made me think twice about it. I run Sawtooth Arca rails on my MLOK handguards and he also OEMs for Foundation so I’ve got one on my bolt gun too, highly recommend.

I have 3 chassis, and one of then has a bolt on arca, the other two integrated. It's nicer looking and all to have the integrated but, they do get beat up, the cerakote comes off from use on a tripod, ect... It's very nice to be able to just replace the arca rail after a while, so I would just think about it and decide. If you are going to be flopping it down on barricades and using the arca a lot for bipod and tripod, you might prefer a bolt on arca rail that can be replaced. If the forend has enough good mounting points, and you know whatever arca rail will fit it well, I'd certainly consider that option.

Reactions: PappyM3
So I’m putting together a new 18” 6 ARC build and am down to just the handguard to finish it out. I was planning all along to get the St. of arms 15.5” handguard that has an integrated arca rail in it. Only problem is now it’s out of stock.

My question to you guys is do you think it’s worth waiting for the integrated arca or just going and getting a handguard and slapping an arca rail to it?
You can consider Cross Machine Tools. They have a similar one that just released

I am also a fan of having a separate ARCA rail that attaches to the forend. I watched a rail get bent when a bipod hung up on a barricade at an NRL22 match last month