• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARCA Rail for TRG42?

mrgreyman

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2007
Anyone know the best way to mount an Arca rail to my TRG42? What fasteners etc? Looking at KRGs rail. Thanks!

I was looking at that site, I think I just need the correct fasteners to attach it. I have to figure out where to get the fasteners to attach the arca rail to anshutz rail. Anyone know?

Last edited:
Thanks, I might end up doing that. I will look up the thread pattern on sling swivels.

If you end up needing something different I can order some material and machine something on the mill. I have a TRG that I could use to test fit and it would be good practice for me

I think you are right. It shows the kit attached to the TRG so the nuts should fit. Just have to find the right rail and correct length screw. I saw those kits before but didn't see that the nuts were sold separately. I am going to order some but wont be able to try them out until I get home in a few weeks.

I think you are right. It shows the kit attached to the TRG so the nuts should fit. Just have to find the right rail and correct length screw. I saw those kits before but didn't see that the nuts were sold separately. I am going to order some but wont be able to try them out until I get home in a few weeks.
I think RRS makes an ARCA rail to suit anshutz.

I looked at that RRS and remember finding out it wont fit. In fact I think it may be in the description.

I looked at that RRS and remember finding out it wont fit. In fact I think it may be in the description.

Maybe the guy from RRS can correct me if I'm wrong but the small rail is for an Anschutz which is what the Sako has. It won't work on an AIAE because that's a different rail but I don't recall what it's called. I found out the hard way, I bought one and the topic was discussed about time it arrived at my door lol

I posted this in an earlier thread based on what I di with my TRG22.

If you get the "BT28N replacement T-nuts" for the BT28 AFAR kit from B&T Industries, you can use those T-nuts in the Sako TRG anschutz -style rail and mount a generic ARCA rail with appropriate bolts (10-32, I think). It looks like the "Tnut for Ancschutz or Savage FTR" from Phoenix Precision would also work (and is a little beefier), but it needs to shortened to fit in the slide-in for the rail.

This looks to be the best option right now. What rail did you go with?

Do not order the Anschutz RRS "BANS-80" if you think it will fit your TRG. There are variances but it wouldn't come close with any of mine. I have an as new in bag BANS-80 I'd love to sell if you don't believe me....

I dabbled with the BT28 nut options- it is not a very robust solution if you are going to put it to hard use. I ended up replacing my TRG rails with the LRA picatinny forearm replacement rail to accept the new RRS dual dovetail option.

https://www.eurooptic.com/long-range-accuracy-picatinny-rail-adapter-for-sako-trg.aspx

Last edited:
This looks to be the best option right now. What rail did you go with?

I used a generic 150mm (~6 inch) rail that I had in spare parts. You could go another inch or two further forward, depending on what your sling stud/bupod configuration is.

For greater robustness, you can use more t-nuts/bolts. I used 4; I think 2 would be o.k. for light duty occasional use.