• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arca rail on Bergara HMR

matchbook454

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2019
N.E. IL
Have any of you guys put an arca Raul on a HMR or HMR Pro? If so, who’s rail and how did you attach?

Yes, no need to get crazy with it, one of the inexpensive arca plates from Amazon will do, sized to your needs. I have a short 3" plate that I can attach to my HMR but for the time being I have a section of picatinny rail attached to it. I did mine on a drill press and started just forward of the recoil lug pocket and drilled through the aluminum spine and tapped it 10-32. The rail can be attached with two 10-32 X 3/4" stainless steel machine screws which takes up most of the slack in the slot of the arca plate. Once tightened down it's stable and secure.

Yes, no need to get crazy with it, one of the inexpensive arca plates from Amazon will do, sized to your needs. I have a short 3" plate that I can attach to my HMR but for the time being I have a section of picatinny rail attached to it. I did mine on a drill press and started just forward of the recoil lug pocket and drilled through the aluminum spine and tapped it 10-32. The rail can be attached with two 10-32 X 3/4" stainless steel machine screws which takes up most of the slack in the slot of the arca plate. Once tightened down it's stable and secure.
Thanks! I’m a machinist so this should be easy to do on my own then. I’m new to this sport though so not very familiar yet with everything.

Here's some pics of how I did my HMR.
IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_1407.JPG

Drilled through the aluminum skeleton and tapped 10-32

IMG_1401.JPG

IMG_1402.JPG

IMG_1409.JPG

If you're getting a long arca plate to attach to the bottom you'll have about 250 mm to play with.
IMG_1406.JPG

Here's some pics of how I did my HMR.
View attachment 7006256
View attachment 7006257
Drilled through the aluminum skeleton and tapped 10-32

View attachment 7006258
View attachment 7006259
View attachment 7006260
If you're getting a long arca plate to attach to the bottom you'll have about 250 mm to play with.
View attachment 7006261
Mind sharing what ball head ya got there and on what tripod? Appreciate the pics and would like to see the while tripod setup. Thanks!

here is what I did to my tikka t3x plastic stock to fit an arca rail for tripod and bipod adjustablility. Used the 2 prefitted sling stud mounts(m5 bolt) and screwed the rail on to the stock but found with the narrow foreend it could twist a bit sideways so used some epoxy to make it lock into the stock better. Used a basic arca clamp(about $20nz) for the bipod clamp. I have now made a new direct mount clamp for the bipod.

Attachments

• IMG_20180729_165211.jpg
    IMG_20180729_165211.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 1,014
  • IMG_20180729_165053.jpg
    IMG_20180729_165053.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 898
  • IMG_20180729_165034.jpg
    IMG_20180729_165034.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 812
  • IMG_20180729_165013.jpg
    IMG_20180729_165013.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 953
I had the Area419 one on my HMR. Bolts in using the front action screw and then two screws where the sling swivel studs are. Stuck out a couple inches on the front of the rifle stock but that wasn’t an issue.... let my bipod get out further that way too. Worked great and was solid. Could slide bipod wherever I wanted it to be and mount it to my tripod as well. No longer have the rail and stock but here’s a pic to give you an idea. You should be able to see how far it stuck out and also how it lines up with the front of the action.

4B879AAF-0893-4E36-A877-7CB9B246C297.jpeg

Reactions: Sgtdrake
I had the Area419 one on my HMR. Bolts in using the front action screw and then two screws where the sling swivel studs are. Stuck out a couple inches on the front of the rifle stock but that wasn’t an issue.... let my bipod get out further that way too. Worked great and was solid. Could slide bipod wherever I wanted it to be and mount it to my tripod as well. No longer have the rail and stock but here’s a pic to give you an idea. You should be able to see how far it stuck out and also how it lines up with the front of the action.

View attachment 7009412
This is what I was hoping to hear! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: rtrezise
You can attach the area 419 arca lock just using the action screw hole and the 2 screws at the front of the forend

er... could you post a picture of what you are talking about? It sounds "easy" but I'm sure it's really easy to mess up my chassis.

Thanks.

Aaron

I ran an ingenuity gunworks rail on my hmr when I had it

View attachment 7009412
did it require replacement screws or were the original ones long enough to use? If you had to replace where did you source?

did it require replacement screws or were the original ones long enough to use? If you had to replace where did you source?

I added the 14" universal from area419 to my B14r also. It came with a longer screw that had to be cut down. Any ACE type place will carry 1/4x28 hardware.

Reactions: LoCal247

View attachment 7009412
I have the HMR wilderness and ordered the 12" Area419 rail. However, only one of the sling swivel stud holes line up. The middle one did not. It's off around 1/8-3/16" Did yours line up perfectly? I'm guessing I may have to drill another hole.

I have the HMR wilderness and ordered the 12" Area419 rail. However, only one of the sling swivel stud holes line up. The middle one did not. It's off around 1/8-3/16" Did yours line up perfectly? I'm guessing I may have to drill another hole.
Yes when I had mine it did line up correctly. The layout of the screws on the stock might be different and I know Area419 has made changes to their original design and I don't know what the current ones use for spacing or mount points.

Yes when I had mine it did line up correctly. The layout of the screws on the stock might be different and I know Area419 has made changes to their original design and I don't know what the current ones use for spacing or mount points.
Thanks. Mine was just off enough that I couldn't make it work. I ended up drilling the stock and tapping it.

Reactions: Cajuntransplant

View attachment 7009412
Was this the 14" universal arca rail? Thanks

Was this the 14" universal arca rail? Thanks
I can’t remember. No longer have that stock or rail. It was a universal rail that area419 used to make before they changed over to their arca lock rails. Best bet would be to reach out to them to see if they sell something that will line up.