• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arca rail on Blaser R8

Bri0242

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2011
DFW, TX
I’m buying a Blaser R8 Ultimate, & I’m wondering if an Area 419 4” Arca rail will fit on the stock. Has anyone done this?

I am not familiar with the 419 stuff. On the R8 Professional we run, the only way to mount to that forend was to bolt and screw through the stock. In the end, I just went with a GRS Ragnarok chassis which comes with all kinds of MLOK and rail hard points. I put a small ARCA rail on the bottom. But I know GRS makes a full length ARCA rail for their R8 system.

Attached is a pic of what our chassis R8 looks like.

Regards,
Marky

Attachments

• Thumb - GRS Bipod Review.JPG
    Thumb - GRS Bipod Review.JPG
    322.6 KB · Views: 243
Reactions: snarkscarbine
Here are 2 examples of 419 products to the pro model with adjustable cheek piece…I had an ultimate but sold it because I liked this particular pro model better (it was replaced by the Ultimate)

I believe the spacing is the same however on the Ultimate forend; just use the provided extra point in the forend to run in the optional sling stud. Then line up the back screw evenly drill both of course with smaller to larger bits. Very easy to do and as stable as a rock…

The tan stocked match barreled 300N runs a ZCO 420 and a TB 338 ultra locked into an RRS Anvil head. They have withstood everything stressed at all angles and haven’t caused a single issue.

My LW 300 win mag worked just fine last month in AK with RRS mount or TBAC bipod.

683377E5-5AE8-45A0-999A-5A695942087A.jpeg
0DE98803-46D0-490B-9F3F-863ACE1031F8.jpeg
4DFE2153-18C3-423A-9223-187C098189B8.jpeg

Reactions: camocorvette
Here are 2 examples of 419 products to the pro model with adjustable cheek piece…I had an ultimate but sold it because I liked this particular pro model better (it was replaced by the Ultimate)

I believe the spacing is the same however on the Ultimate forend; just use the provided extra point in the forend to run in the optional sling stud. Then line up the back screw evenly drill both of course with smaller to larger bits. Very easy to do and as stable as a rock…

The tan stocked match barreled 300N runs a ZCO 420 and a TB 338 ultra locked into an RRS Anvil head. They have withstood everything stressed at all angles and haven’t caused a single issue.

My LW 300 win mag worked just fine last month in AK with RRS mount or TBAC bipod.

View attachment 7729954View attachment 7729955View attachment 7729956
Thank you for the information. What scope mounts are you using?

Well, it looks like the R8 Ultimate has changed the stock, and the T-nuts for the ARCA rail won't fit. Bummer. I guess I'll try to pick up a professional stock sometime.

Well, it looks like the R8 Ultimate has changed the stock, and the T-nuts for the ARCA rail won't fit. Bummer. I guess I'll try to pick up a professional stock sometime.
Yes, too bad. They could have built that and retained the original forend design easily

Have you seen a black stock forearm tip that has 2 sling mounts? One for the tip, and one for the underneath? I'm looking for a way to mount a bipod now. Tier One makes a tip sling stud mount that I may have to buy.

Have you seen a black stock forearm tip that has 2 sling mounts? One for the tip, and one for the underneath? I'm looking for a way to mount a bipod now. Tier One makes a tip sling stud mount that I may have to buy.
The std pro stock is built to accept the second stud for mounting a bipod. You just buy a stud and use nut/washer after drilling the hole which is marked on the inside of the pro forend

Are you talking about this space?

Attachments

• 256E4AB2-5498-421A-81B5-92DD6DF3E69F.jpeg
    256E4AB2-5498-421A-81B5-92DD6DF3E69F.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 79
AKILA has a custom made Foreend to fit R8 Ultimate and Standard, the foreend itself is optionally MLOK or ARCA+MLOK

ACSR8UFC-PL.FL_-scaled-1.jpg
ACSR8UFC-2-1024x576.jpg

How long is the fore end? Specifically, what length of barrels can be used with this fore end?

How long is the fore end? Specifically, what length of barrels can be used with this fore end?
Hi Brian, lenght can be any, if your question is regarding barrel contours then any.

Attachments

• ACSR8U-TECH-SPECS-1024x701.jpg
    ACSR8U-TECH-SPECS-1024x701.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 160
  • ACSR8U-2-1024x660.jpg
    ACSR8U-2-1024x660.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 107
I'm wondering if my 16.5" standard contour barrel will clear the rail, so that it can be shot suppressed.

Your package is in US and has been released by the government agency. Should be with you shortly. Also if it doesn't fit, I have a special shortened foreend made based on the Foreend Lite, specifically for the same reason for a supressed shorter barrel.