• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARCA weight box source?

FimRire RongLifle

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2022
Florida, USA
I have a light rifle in an MPA ultralight chassis. I am looking for a detachable weight box for arca rail (not a weighted arca rail) for when I am just prone on a line and want to push weight up without a need for multi position or mobility. The rifle is just around 12lb sans bipod now. I saw one once at an ELR match on a MPA BA COMP and cant find it i think it was an alumn box you filled as you liked but i am uncertain.

Personally I'd go the cheap route. Get what ever arca clamp you want and then get a piece of steel the weight I wanted and bolt it to the clamp.

That's what I'm looking at doing - might actually have a couple holes tapped into the stainless so I can simply mount an RRS clamp to varying sizes/weights. I'm probably going to go stainless block.

Reactions: Taylorbok
Steel block will be cheaper and weight the same, within reason. Brass will weigh more per volume size, but cost a bit more.

Last option is a thin steel box and melt lead into it, or pour shotgun pellets in and seal it. I know one guy who did this method.

Seen some guys use a pint size game changer with heavy fill with arca attachment right in front of magwell and then use a bipod and seperate bag for the rear when prone. Im guessing that adds 5 lbs.

Reactions: Geno C.
Seen some guys use a pint size game changer with heavy fill with arca attachment right in front of magwell and then use a bipod and seperate bag for the rear when prone. Im guessing that adds 5 lbs.
My issue with this is the bag can move/ jiggle no way can it provide same dampening as something locked on

Try it out, you'd be surprised, it's kind of the same principle as a dead blow hammer.
I guess now I have to. I feel the same principle would apply a steel hammer will transmit more force but a dead blow will minimize vibration and soak up the rebound.

IMG_9366.jpeg
Not the cheap route, but it does more than one job.

Reactions: Niles Coyote