• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Archimedes?

@xdeano I don't think this will be the case.....but if you don't like the Archimedes....PM me, then you won't have to bother with a PX ad.

Good luck and Enjoy!
Ross

Copy that Ross! I think I might like it. You know they have them in stock over there at American Rifle Company. 😉

Deano

1215200816.jpg

Well I just mocked this up today for giggles.
Manners super light stock
Archimedes action
Random 6.5 saum barrel I had laying around. Ive got a bartlein carbon fiber barrel ready to go to the Smith.
Picked up a trigger tech on black Friday sale. Waiting in it to ship.

6.8lbs as it sits.

Xdeano

View attachment 7502708
Archimedes action
Random 6.5 saum barrel I had laying around. Ive got a bartlein carbon fiber barrel ready to go to the Smith.

6.8lbs as it sits.

Xdeano

@xdeano what does that Manners Super Light weight?

Reactions: xdeano
View attachment 7502708
Archimedes action

6.8lbs as it sits.

Xdeano

Surely you ran the bolt, first impressions?

Reactions: xdeano
Surely you ran the bolt, first impressions?

Well I dont have the trigger tech that I ordered on their black Friday deal. So it doesnt cock and latch without a trigger. It cocks than when you put the bolt back home it snaps shut. But it should be slick as hell with a trigger. Will update.
Deano

Reactions: hereinaz
Apologies for:
  1. The really shitty videography
  2. The Instagram link - which I’ll nuke if I need to
I was able to pick up my Archi today and do some fingerfucking, and since I had my TT Gold 2-stage ordered 5 seconds into the Black Friday sale I had a spare trigger lying around.

Apologies for:
  1. The really shitty videography
  2. The Instagram link - which I’ll nuke if I need to
I was able to pick up my Archi today and do some fingerfucking, and since I had my TT Gold 2-stage ordered 5 seconds into the Black Friday sale I had a spare trigger lying around.

Gnochi,
Thats good stuff! I'm all set to go, exceept I'm still waiting on a trigger tech to show up. I could swap out a special out of a different rifle, but id rather wait tell the diamond came in.

They say to not run the diamonds in the Archimedes because of the pull weight can get so low. I'm planning on running it at 1lb just like the rest of my rifles. But I wanted a trigger that could be set lower if I decided to run lower on a different rifle. I think the reason for this is the fact that it's 100% cock on open and nothing on close. So a guy could slam the bolt home with so much force that the force actually trips the sear to either not catch or to slip. Regardless I'm going to run it.

It's a slick action and I've already convinced 3 of my friends that it's worth the money. So it'll be nice to be able to swap parts in a pinch if needed.

Deano

Here is a picture of the bolt showing the toroidal lugs. I thought that this feature was a pretty slick idea. The inside of the actions mating surface is also slopped in the same way, producing contact.

This is just one cool feature in this action. Ted has really put some time into this action.

Deano

Attachments

• 85608.jpeg
    85608.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: gnochi
Gnochi,
Thats good stuff! I'm all set to go, exceept I'm still waiting on a trigger tech to show up. I could swap out a special out of a different rifle, but id rather wait tell the diamond came in.

They say to not run the diamonds in the Archimedes because of the pull weight can get so low. I'm planning on running it at 1lb just like the rest of my rifles. But I wanted a trigger that could be set lower if I decided to run lower on a different rifle. I think the reason for this is the fact that it's 100% cock on open and nothing on close. So a guy could slam the bolt home with so much force that the force actually trips the sear to either not catch or to slip. Regardless I'm going to run it.

It's a slick action and I've already convinced 3 of my friends that it's worth the money. So it'll be nice to be able to swap parts in a pinch if needed.

Deano

I run my diamonds right around a pound and a half anyway, and running the bolt as hard as I could it didn’t slip. Definitely important to check though!

Reactions: Stoweit and xdeano
So I finally got my Archimedes up and running. Originally installed a BnA Tac sport single stage, medium sear. Action felt HORRIBLE, heavy bolt lift, heavy close. Swapped to a TT special and night and day better. Prob need to install low sear into the BnA for better function. Supposedly when you lift bolt handle after firing the rifle, all that's to happen is cock the trigger, no extraction until you pull on the bolt handle. However my rifle extracts as I lift the bolt, not once in 150 rounds has the bolt handle cammed to extract. Raising the bolt handle with an empty chamber, is noticeably lighter than with a fired round. It feels very similar to my nucleus gen2. I'm going to call ARC Tuesday morning and see whats up.

Just got my archimedes barreled action out first time yesterday. Initially didn’t like all the slop in the bolt and my action felt kinda rough when cycling. Also the pivoting bolt handle felt weird when just playing with it on the couch.

After cycling a bunch the action has gotten very smooth, I still don’t care for the sloppy bolt but in actual use I don’t notice it and the pivoting bolt handle I don’t notice when in actual use.

I was able to test the extraction ability since my old brass didn’t fit in the chamber without forcing it. I forced a couple in and was able to pull them out with the bolt. It took 2 hands but out they came. And boy can it throw the brass!

The CRF I think is contributing to the smooth feeding of my 6br. I am using the exact same chassis and magazines as I was with my bighorn TL2 6br (literally removed my bighorn and installed the archimedes) the bighorn was somewhat finicky picking up and loading out of the magazine. The Archimedes picks up and loads very slick. No binding or round getting sideways trying to chamber.

Also really like the mechanical ejection. Able to fling the brass or more importantly dribble it just outside the action so you don’t have to chase brass.

I’m also running a trigger tech diamond 2 stage at 10-12oz. I have cycled it 100s of times so far and no issues with it dropping the sear

Just got my archimedes barreled action out first time yesterday. Initially didn’t like all the slop in the bolt and my action felt kinda rough when cycling. Also the pivoting bolt handle felt weird when just playing with it on the couch.

After cycling a bunch the action has gotten very smooth, I still don’t care for the sloppy bolt but in actual use I don’t notice it and the pivoting bolt handle I don’t notice when in actual use.

I was able to test the extraction ability since my old brass didn’t fit in the chamber without forcing it. I forced a couple in and was able to pull them out with the bolt. It took 2 hands but out they came. And boy can it throw the brass!

The CRF I think is contributing to the smooth feeding of my 6br. I am using the exact same chassis and magazines as I was with my bighorn TL2 6br (literally removed my bighorn and installed the archimedes) the bighorn was somewhat finicky picking up and loading out of the magazine. The Archimedes picks up and loads very slick. No binding or round getting sideways trying to chamber.

Also really like the mechanical ejection. Able to fling the brass or more importantly dribble it just outside the action so you don’t have to chase brass.

I’m also running a trigger tech diamond 2 stage at 10-12oz. I have cycled it 100s of times so far and no issues with it dropping the sear
Try the arc mags with a mk machining follower. I run one in my lone peak fuzion 6bra with a 2 round base plate. Feeds amazing from a push feed action, I'm sure it'd be even better from a CRF that the mags are designed for.

So I finally got my Archimedes up and running. Originally installed a BnA Tac sport single stage, medium sear. Action felt HORRIBLE, heavy bolt lift, heavy close. Swapped to a TT special and night and day better. Prob need to install low sear into the BnA for better function. Supposedly when you lift bolt handle after firing the rifle, all that's to happen is cock the trigger, no extraction until you pull on the bolt handle. However my rifle extracts as I lift the bolt, not once in 150 rounds has the bolt handle cammed to extract. Raising the bolt handle with an empty chamber, is noticeably lighter than with a fired round. It feels very similar to my nucleus gen2. I'm going to call ARC Tuesday morning and see whats up.
There is no mechanism of extraction on bolt lift. Your cases just aren't stuck in the chamber. The heavier lift on a fired case is drag on the bolt face from a case that is now longer than before it was fired.

Reactions: KnowNothing256
There is no mechanism of extraction on bolt lift. Your cases just aren't stuck in the chamber. The heavier lift on a fired case is drag on the bolt face from a case that is now longer than before it was fired.
Makes sense as I'm fire forming new brass. Will hopefully be reduced on 2nd firing. Its odd because sometimes there's zero lift to the bolt on a fired case, other times a fair bit more.

The firing pin is cock on open, that probably most of the resistance you're feeling.

It’s an action that certainly grows on you as you use it. Dry firing it in the living room it feels a little weird especially with the pivoting handle but when you actually use it it feels very smooth and natural.

you can get a lighter spring and not have to use your thumb on the action as leverage.
I know I changed my Nuke spring to a 19lbs but I don’t know what’s the factory one for the Archimedes ? 25 lbs ? I might try a lower spring for shit and giggles but my bolt lift is very light and I only use 1 finger

Reactions: max1840
I know I changed my Nuke spring to a 19lbs but I don’t know what’s the factory one for the Archimedes ? 25 lbs ? I might try a lower spring for shit and giggles but my bolt lift is very light and I only use 1 finger
my nuke came with 25 and it was way too heavy. I think ibswitched to a 19 or 16 can remember then opted for the same on my arch. the nuke is broken in more and super slick.

my nuke came with 25 and it was way too heavy. I think ibswitched to a 19 or 16 can remember then opted for the same on my arch. the nuke is broken in more and super slick.
Function has been good with the lower weight? No failures to fire, good ES? My understanding is that even if every round lights off, marginal firing pin spring weight can cause inconsistent ignition and increase ES.

Function has been good with the lower weight? No failures to fire, good ES? My understanding is that even if every round lights off, marginal firing pin spring weight can cause inconsistent ignition and increase ES.
I have two archimedes and haven’t changed anything. After 100/125 breakin all is smooth

Reactions: st1650
There aren't different springs to try.

I run the 19# in my nuc gen2, never a problem with cci450 and my es is usually in the teens on 10 shot string. I do use an auto trickler and all charges are within 0.04gr of consistency.

I've put 170 rounds through my Archimedes now, its growing on me. It feeds like butter with arc mags. I've had zero issues with the gen2 nuc, or my Archimedes. My only complaint is the stupid rotating bolt release.

Last edited:
Ah, so not the Archimedes. Oh well, definitely not upset about mine, shoots fantastic and is also a joy to run.

I run my Arch on a Xylo with the ARC mags ... it feeds better than the AI I sold.
I'm running mine in a foundation centurion with an otm bottom metal. The inlet was for mausingfield, which John said would work, however the inlet covers the ejection port some, and required hand filing the bolt handle inlet down to get full bolt closure. I do like it though. I really like my ai atx, and will likely be putting this into an atx 700 chassis once they become available this fall.

I also love my Archimedes, 6.5 x 47 Lapua running timney hit trigger with the upgraded .045 cocking piece. Smooth as butter.
500 round so far no problems so far , it is so effortless....

My kids, 10 and 8, love their archimedes
My 10 year old daughter can lay prone and run the bolt with her head on the gun, looking down range and not lose position or sight picture

The 223 bolt head works too, probably need to run the bolt a little harder with the 223 vs my m5 mausingfield in 308, but that makes sense to me with the tiny case head