• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arcteryx Leaf military only now being enforced

That’s a pretty good guess, considering how much of it was in the photo - you clearly know your stuff! It’s even chambered in a nod to you lot, in .30-06, which works very well on the deer we have here (reds, fallow, Sika, roe mainly). Love the Mauser action with the flag safety. Nice Sika with an abnormal set of antlers here too (extra tangs on one side).

View attachment 8115765

I almost stopped at Rigby when I was in London last week... Almost. Next trip!

Sirhr

Reactions: Edward1
Does’t seem like the OP is all Brokeback.

Unless he is a member of parliament. Then… “Say no More!”

Sirhr
- this is pretty much bang on!
He doesn’t look gay persay, but he does look like he’s familiar with giving a tuggy to the other chaps at the lodge.
After long stints at boarding school and the army, I have developed the motto - it’s not gay if you’re giving; and it has served me well through the years! WTB ad now up in the right place, subbed - thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I almost stopped at Rigby when I was in London last week... Almost. Next trip!

Sirhr
It’s quite surreal - guns here are all a bit hidden and they are in an anonymous warehouse; you walk in and: (plus lions, tigers).

1680981132506.png

1680981170687.png

I can’t justify it, but would love one of the .416 big game models with a peephole sight.

- this is pretty much bang on!

After long stints at boarding school and the army, I have developed the motto - it’s not gay if you’re giving; and it has served me well through the years! WTB ad now up in the right place, subbed - thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Looks like the English are Tier 2 Saxons overall; met.

Sorry about that.

It’s quite surreal - guns here are all a bit hidden and they are in an anonymous warehouse; you walk in and: (plus lions, tigers).

View attachment 8115793
View attachment 8115794
I can’t justify it, but would love one of the .416 big game models with a peephole sight.
Nice!

On the subject of 'hidden'... a few years ago I was in Leeds researching a Maxim carriage in the 'non-displayed' reference collection. First, the Royal Armouries at Leeds are magnificent. The 'undisplayed' collection is like nothing one can imagine. A buddy was there a few months ago as well. Researching Welrod variants for an article.

Yeah, British have lots of beautiful guns. Hidden away from the hoy paloy!

Great pix! I will make it next trip.

Sirhr

Nice!

On the subject of 'hidden'... a few years ago I was in Leeds researching a Maxim carriage in the 'non-displayed' reference collection. First, the Royal Armouries at Leeds are magnificent. The 'undisplayed' collection is like nothing one can imagine. A buddy was there a few months ago as well. Researching Welrod variants for an article.

Yeah, British have lots of beautiful guns. Hidden away from the hoy paloy!

Great pix! I will make it next trip.

Sirhr

In Canada we just profile Hoy Paloy and dont give them licenses to buy anything 98% of the time. If you detect good guy status....different story.

Profiling.

A lost art.

Last edited:
That’s a pretty good guess, considering how much of it was in the photo - you clearly know your stuff! It’s even chambered in a nod to you lot, in .30-06, which works very well on the deer we have here (reds, fallow, Sika, roe mainly).

Love the Mauser action with the flag safety, and swing-mounts for occasional iron sight stalking in woodland. Nice Sika with an abnormal set of antlers here too (extra tangs on one side).
The front sight was a dead giveaway. The Highland stalker is a well put together rifle and in the 2nd best caliber ever made, I'm jealous!
Great Sika deer, congrats!
Red Deer in the Highlands is a bucket list hunt for me.