• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are factory Tikka triggers sufficeable?

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 19, 2013
    I'm seriously looking at a CTR 260 (once they get here) but that will essentially deplete my budget for the time being. Is the factory tikka trigger decent? Is it tuneable? Any insight? Thanks

Yes. Check out the "yo dave" trigger spring. It's one simple spring that costs $10 and it will give you a crisp 1-1.5# pull.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Very easy to adjust, I lightened mine while swapping from the factory stock to the Chassis and it was as easy as a few turns of an allen wrench. Bolted it down into the Chassis and shot an honest .1MOA 5 shot group with factory Hornady ammo (in a custom build, but the factory trigger in it was bone stock.)

In other words, don't worry about changing it!

Awesome triggers.....just put an Ernie the Gunsmith spring in it (Tikka T-3, M-595 & M-695 Varmint Trigger Spring) and its even better. I have this spring in my 308 Super Varmint and love it. I have a new CTR on order too and this same spring will be going in it !

As others have said the Tikka trigger is a very nice trigger. Even if you adjust the weight it remains crisp and clean 9nulike other factor adjustable triggers). I can't wait till the CTR's come in. They are going to be great rifles.

If someone was giving out free aftermarket triggers for the Tikka I wouldn't be interested because I don't think the factory triggers in my two rifles can be improved upon for my needs.

I'm very happy with the stock factory trigger adjusted to a minimum.

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk

Yup, good triggers. Mine is tunable to about 2lbs with everything stock, but I set it to 3.5lbs. Still a very easy trigger to shoot. You won't be disappointed.

I am not a trigger snob, but the one in my sporter is MONEY. One of the better match/bolt triggers I have used.

Like others have said, theyre great.

Have one adjusted down to around 2lbs.

I have one with a yo Dave trigger spring that I think it's about 12oz, it's very nice.

But no need as the stock tuned trigger is brilliant.

My thought is ai, sako(trg), tikka(sported, tac), steyr(ssg) all have 95% perfect trigger. You can adjust it to 99% perfect for you.
    Is it worth it to spend money to ATTEMPT for the last 1% and may be getting 95% perfect only? Only you can make that call. I left mine factory in. Adjusted trigger a couple time. At the end, it was near the same factory setting.

Mine's down at around 1.5ish lbs, I'll probably bring it back up to an even 2 lbs though, just my preference.

For a factory rifle it is good, and very decent trigger, direct though so if you want a 2 stage you must change.
    THere are better available but it will serve you well for a long time, especially with a new spring.
    The T3's biggest downside is the stocks, plastic parts annd a not very impressive recoil lug.