• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Are my sights the problem on my Glock?

nso123

High Speed Steel Stinger
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2010
Tennessee
I have a Glock 19 with Meprolight night sights that came on it. The point of impact is about 6 inches high at 15 yards over the point of aim. I have not done anything to the pistol that should affect the point of impact. Before I put a new set of sights on it,is there anything I might be overlooking that would cause this? I am thinking about going with the Truglo TFO sights if I replace them.

Lots of handguns do that, IIRC, they're typically set up to be zero'd at 25yds.(roughly) I've got a G22 and a Spingfield XD that both shot about 4" high, but then my G23 is pretty much POA/POI. -OR- you could have a mismatched set, height wise
Look at Dawson Precision or Warren tactical for new sights (if you're going that route) They will help you match the correct height so you can get it zero'd. I went with new sights on mine. The XD is now dead on at 20 and the G22 is still a tad high, but clos'nuf fer gubment work...

Tim

It is definitely not an issue of being set to be zeroed at 25. At 50 they are a foot or so high. I have not run across this before. Most all of my stuff works out to be poa/poi or is a 6 o'clock poa.

I would have someone else shoot it just to verify results. You could also put the pistol in a vise with soft jaws. Level the top of the slide and compare the sights to verify what you have. Assuming the top if slide is parallel with the bore. Just read your post about being even higher at 50 yards. You obviously have sights in which the rear is higher then the front.

Last edited:
Every once in a while pistols will ship with the wrong sight installed. Replace them with a good set of nite sights and you will be good.