• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes are nightforce rings worth $31 more than mk4s?

Re: are nightforce rings worth $31 more than mk4s?

I've never owned anything Leupold, but I have the Nightforce Ultralite rings that came with my F1. I can't find anything wrong with them, they do what they're supposed to.

Haven't budged on my 300 win mag or .338 lapua. They work perfect for me.

I like the NF rings, but primarily use the Burris Xtreme. Holds very well and considerably cheaper.

I've used just about all the expensive rings and they have all served well. Seekins is what I would suggest if someone asked.

All the high end rings will do the job - just buy what you want. If you want NF rings, just buy them, you wont miss the $31 in a weeks time.

The Leupold Mk4 rings will hold just fine if you choose to go that route tho.

But for resale value alone, go Nightforce if you can afford it.

BnC

I love the nightforce rings, I think the ultralight rings are some of the best and use them on several of my rifles.

I have used the MK4's for the last 10 years.They have always held up and never lost a zero. This is on 6 operational sniper rifles that see hard use

I have 4 pairs of MK4's and 2 pairs of NF's. To me they are both excellent quality rings. The next set of rings that I purchase will be Seekins.

I think seekins rings are great. they are a bit wider for more purchase on the scope. However, the MK4s have given me no issues on mag caliber rifles. Get what you want. all high end rings work very well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've used just about all the expensive rings and they have all served well. Seekins is what I would suggest if someone asked. </div></div>

+1 Seekins are all I use now.

I got a deal on some nightforce ones so thats the route I went with. Thanks for the input.

I've used Badger, NF, and Burris XTR rings... All did their job.

Guess which ones I've kept, and which two sets I sold???

I kept the Burris XTR's... Fit and finish is A+, and out of 7 pairs, only 1 set required the slightest touch with a lapping tool.

For 1/2 to 1/3 the price of other brands, XTR's get my vote.

I never understood why people pay thousands for glass and cheap out when it comes to rings. In the grand scheme of things rings are relatively cheap.

I've had many sets of Mk4 rings, a few sets of USO rings, and a couple Badgers but no NF rings.

I've never paid any where near retail for the Mk4s (who would?) or the USOs, or Badgers and I've never had an issue with any of them. For the money I don't see an issue with the bunch. If I came across a set of NF rings for a reasonable price I'd probably try them too. They are all good rings it just depends on you and what's the flavor of the day it seems anymore.

I'm of the old school that to get good surface grab you need to lap rings. That being said when I installed my first NF F1 and their lightweight rings they tell you not to lap their rings they are true, as you can guess I lapped them, and they were right, I had probably 60% surface contact right out of the box with a badger base. Since then I think these guys are right, any of the high end rings are good, lapping is up to you!

I have a few pair of Seekins rings that I think are the cats ass! I will probably pick up a pair of NF for my next build though! Just to try em out. I will say though, you cant EVER go wrong with Seekins