• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Are PA Prism scopes GTG???

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    I know they are made in china, which I hate... BUT, I cant really find any prism optics that arent made there.

Garand thumb gave them the go ahead and reviews are good...

But what say the hide on the Glx prism scopes?

I have the PA micro 3x and have been impressed with it. Not as refined as US/euro/Japanese optics but a lot of bang for the buck and the construction seems durable. Very small and lightweight.

I know they are made in china, which I hate... BUT, I cant really find any prism optics that arent made there.

They’re built a lot like the Vortex ones, and they’re great…So, is assume they’re ok, but no first-hand experience with them. 🤷🏼

What about Steiner? I'm almost positive they're made in the Burris facility in CO.

Do you need 1X?

Reactions: Milf Dots
    I'd like to go on a small tangent to reiterate that I'd be very much on board with a Plx prism line to get ACSS reticles back in premium glass, tough prism optics again.

Hopefully their new R&D facility and my continued nagging will embolden them to get one going.

OP, remove the "but" after your "... made in China..." and act as if we're in a shooting war with China- because their economic war against us and the western world is for the same purpose as a physical military attack.

There are way too many NON Chicom optics to even consider rejecting your morals for "stuff".

Like most YT channels of any size, GT is an entertaining advertiser who receives free product- at a minimum.

Reactions: 308pirate
    Facts are important- it occurred to me that the PA GLX Prism models may be made in the Philippines. Nothing I typed above changes regarding Chicom stuff, but if the PA GLX Prisms are made outside of China- that should be positively noted. Perhaps PA can post the country of origin for GLX Prism optics- so we don't post bad info.

Reactions: 308pirate
    Facts are important- it occurred to me that the PA GLX Prism models may be made in the Philippines. Nothing I typed above changes regarding Chicom stuff, but if the PA GLX Prisms are made outside of China- that should be positively noted. Perhaps PA can post the country of origin for GLX Prism optics- so we don't post bad info.
    I called them this morning to ask about the newer GLX, they are china. The glx scopes are philipines

I called them this morning to ask about the newer GLX, they are china. The glx scopes are philipines
    The new GLx 1-10X is made in Japan. All other 30mm tube GLx scopes in the Philippines. The 2X Prism is made in China. It is made there because it is the best factory to produce the product and keep it anywhere near the current price.

Reactions: adubeau and FuhQ
    The new GLx 1-10X is made in Japan. All other 30mm tube GLx scopes in the Philippines. The 2X Prism is made in China. It is made there because it is the best factory to produce the product and keep it anywhere near the current price.
    The PA 3x Prism optic was almost a direct copy of the old Gen1 Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism optic, but came out after the Vortex became the Gen2 that looks totally different than the Gen1. Can you confirm if they are both made in the same plant in China? I've always been curious, as I have several of the old Gen1 Vortex 3x Spitfires, and they're excellent optics for the money. If they are indeed built to nearly identical specs, that would be good info to know for future purchase potential. 👍🏼

Also, I'd love to try one of those GLx 1-10x LPVO's in the future. They look pretty slick! Especially if they're FFP and MIL/MIL and have an externally adjustable elevation turret.

I think our orig 3X came out first but don't remeber exact timing. Burris is the company that first made Prisms popular and had the orig 3X design. Many companies used that optical system so I can't say who makes the Vortex. Our SLx 3X is made in the same factory as the GLx 2X and both have been rock solid. It is known as the best prism OEM. Yes the new GLx is FFP with user configurable Mil turrets.

Last edited:
    Reactions: adubeau and FuhQ
    The mistake is to choose ChiCom manufacturing to begin with.

Also, in my years of observations of electro optics' street pricing, made in China is priced about the same as "made in Asia but NOT China". Most in the shooting world would pay the slight difference without blinking.