• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are people (contractors) really this dumb?

You’ll want to write each check to each subcontractor, not one check to your GC.

On the back of each check be sure to stamp a Leon release prior to handing the payments over to them. (Your bank should have a lien release stamp for your use).

You’ll want to write each check to each subcontractor, not one check to your GC.

On the back of each check be sure to stamp a Leon release prior to handing the payments over to them. (Your bank should have a lien release stamp for your use).

So I had a call with the GC as well as the flooring guy to figure out WTF to do. It was also a bit of, 'why is this my fucking problem'?

I mainly wanted to be sure that the GC wasn't going to have any problems with me and that everyone was 'happy' before dealing with sand blaster retard. We'll get to him in a second.

The outcome was that while he did do work, I was going to pay him for the work he did that I agreed to but I wasn't excited about paying for shit I didn't want and specifically said not to do. A win/win situation was brought up by the GC who said since I wasn't a complete shitbird and this shouldn't be my problem, he's going to take care of the driveway on his dime as he has the materials and the concrete work needed would be done by one of his good friends who owns a company that does exactly what we'd need and has known him/been in business for 30+ years, and he wouldn't bill me. In exchange I offered to split the 'cost' of the driveway sand blasting with sand blasting tard. Basically I got a brand new driveway for next to nothing.

Now on to sand blaster tard.

This guy is/was his own worst enemy. As I mentioned before, he tried to get aggressive with me over the phone when he demanded to be paid even though I had told him I was contacting everyone else involved the next business day and we'd figure it out. I didn't even know what his 'bill' consisted of and I'm generally not paying someone who A. I have ZERO legal agreement with B. I didn't schedule and C. wants to high pressure me and show up in the middle of the day to hand me some random ass bill. LOL no.

He didn't like that answer but when I asked him what our contract/agreement said, he figured out that we didn't have one and that I wasn't some dumb shit moron he apparently usually deals with.

So fast forward Monday. Talk to the GC and figure shit out. He asks if I had talked to the flooring guy and I said he was my next call. GC mentioned he spoke with him earlier and the flooring guy was 'a little concerned' and I'm like...why didn't he call me? I figured it was due to him thinking I was about to fuck them both over and not pay anything, leaving flooring guy holding the bag with sand blaster tard.

But oh no. This is why we can't have nice things.

I finally get flooring guy on the phone after leaving him 2 voicemails. He calls back and I can tell something was off. We go through everything, what had happened, my conversation with the GC as well as my weird interactions with sand blasting tard. He then says something like this is all slowly starting to make sense, and he was under the impression I was going to tell him to go fuck himself, not pay him and be all threatening and hostile and shit.

I'm like.....the fuck? All I've wanted to do since this started was to figure things out and take care of things. How in the fuck did you make that assumption?

Well, apparently, sand blaster tard's story of our in-person encounter when I came home to find them blasting my driveway was a little bit different than my chain of events. You see, when I opened the garage door to find them standing there, I was heading to the range to meet a client. I had on a t shirt, Crye pants and had a small pack in my left hand with ammo in it and my KAC rifle slung/stowed over my right shoulder. When I started talking to them (mind you, my first response to him was oh no, well, I'll call the flooring guy and GC Monday and we'll see what happened and what we need to do) about a minute in, I walked over to my Jeep and put the carbine and bag away, and walked back over and continued talking to him for another 3-4 minutes. We left it with him wanting to give me some random ass invoice, which I declined, and me again saying lets figure this out Monday when we can get everyone together. I then thanked him and left.

His story was a bit different. He said I came out and threatened him and his helper with the carbine and tried to intimidate them. lol what?

He was apparently so threatened that.....he stayed for another 25 minutes cleaning up and then wanted to come by the next day to hand me that invoice again?

So after finding this out I call sand blaster tard. I tell him what we all talked about and what we concluded we were doing about me paying him. He didn't want to do that and I ask him again, what does our agreement say? This puts him into a tirade about me threatening him and he has a witness and he knows my carbine was loaded because it had a magazine in it!!1!!!

I simply tell him that I'm not doing this and I'm about to hang up. If I do hang up he's getting $0 and can fuck off. But, he may also want to rethink his retelling of events to others because if he were to drive by the area where this all allegedly took place, he would see that he was being filmed by at least 2 HD cameras that are on 24/7. Oh...they record sound as well and they're on like a 4 or so month backup. How else would I know that you stayed another 25 minutes after I had left?

20 seconds of total silence on the phone. I have to ask if hes still alive.

He then changed his tone and agreed to my terms. Could he come by tomorrow to get a check? I tell him to bring a final invoice for EXACTLY that amount as paid in full because I don't want to ever see his lying faggot ass again.

Shows up the next day at the agreed upon time, can't even look at me.

What a bitch. Yet it's faggots like this that will just make shit up when they're fucking retarded and don't get their way that can cause people all sorts of issues because of their faggotry.

So I had a call with the GC as well as the flooring guy to figure out WTF to do. It was also a bit of, 'why is this my fucking problem'?

I mainly wanted to be sure that the GC wasn't going to have any problems with me and that everyone was 'happy' before dealing with sand blaster retard. We'll get to him in a second.

The outcome was that while he did do work, I was going to pay him for the work he did that I agreed to but I wasn't excited about paying for shit I didn't want and specifically said not to do. A win/win situation was brought up by the GC who said since I wasn't a complete shitbird and this shouldn't be my problem, he's going to take care of the driveway on his dime as he has the materials and the concrete work needed would be done by one of his good friends who owns a company that does exactly what we'd need and has known him/been in business for 30+ years, and he wouldn't bill me. In exchange I offered to split the 'cost' of the driveway sand blasting with sand blasting tard. Basically I got a brand new driveway for next to nothing.

Now on to sand blaster tard.

This guy is/was his own worst enemy. As I mentioned before, he tried to get aggressive with me over the phone when he demanded to be paid even though I had told him I was contacting everyone else involved the next business day and we'd figure it out. I didn't even know what his 'bill' consisted of and I'm generally not paying someone who A. I have ZERO legal agreement with B. I didn't schedule and C. wants to high pressure me and show up in the middle of the day to hand me some random ass bill. LOL no.

He didn't like that answer but when I asked him what our contract/agreement said, he figured out that we didn't have one and that I wasn't some dumb shit moron he apparently usually deals with.

So fast forward Monday. Talk to the GC and figure shit out. He asks if I had talked to the flooring guy and I said he was my next call. GC mentioned he spoke with him earlier and the flooring guy was 'a little concerned' and I'm like...why didn't he call me? I figured it was due to him thinking I was about to fuck them both over and not pay anything, leaving flooring guy holding the bag with sand blaster tard.

But oh no. This is why we can't have nice things.

I finally get flooring guy on the phone after leaving him 2 voicemails. He calls back and I can tell something was off. We go through everything, what had happened, my conversation with the GC as well as my weird interactions with sand blasting tard. He then says something like this is all slowly starting to make sense, and he was under the impression I was going to tell him to go fuck himself, not pay him and be all threatening and hostile and shit.

I'm like.....the fuck? All I've wanted to do since this started was to figure things out and take care of things. How in the fuck did you make that assumption?

Well, apparently, sand blaster tard's story of our in-person encounter when I came home to find them blasting my driveway was a little bit different than my chain of events. You see, when I opened the garage door to find them standing there, I was heading to the range to meet a client. I had on a t shirt, Crye pants and had a small pack in my left hand with ammo in it and my KAC rifle slung/stowed over my right shoulder. When I started talking to them (mind you, my first response to him was oh no, well, I'll call the flooring guy and GC Monday and we'll see what happened and what we need to do) about a minute in, I walked over to my Jeep and put the carbine and bag away, and walked back over and continued talking to him for another 3-4 minutes. We left it with him wanting to give me some random ass invoice, which I declined, and me again saying lets figure this out Monday when we can get everyone together. I then thanked him and left.

His story was a bit different. He said I came out and threatened him and his helper with the carbine and tried to intimidate them. lol what?

He was apparently so threatened that.....he stayed for another 25 minutes cleaning up and then wanted to come by the next day to hand me that invoice again?

So after finding this out I call sand blaster tard. I tell him what we all talked about and what we concluded we were doing about me paying him. He didn't want to do that and I ask him again, what does our agreement say? This puts him into a tirade about me threatening him and he has a witness and he knows my carbine was loaded because it had a magazine in it!!1!!!

I simply tell him that I'm not doing this and I'm about to hang up. If I do hang up he's getting $0 and can fuck off. But, he may also want to rethink his retelling of events to others because if he were to drive by the area where this all allegedly took place, he would see that he was being filmed by at least 2 HD cameras that are on 24/7. Oh...they record sound as well and they're on like a 4 or so month backup. How else would I know that you stayed another 25 minutes after I had left?

20 seconds of total silence on the phone. I have to ask if hes still alive.

He then changed his tone and agreed to my terms. Could he come by tomorrow to get a check? I tell him to bring a final invoice for EXACTLY that amount as paid in full because I don't want to ever see his lying faggot ass again.

Shows up the next day at the agreed upon time, can't even look at me.

What a bitch. Yet it's faggots like this that will just make shit up when they're fucking retarded and don't get their way that can cause people all sorts of issues because of their faggotry.

"You see, when I opened the garage door to find them standing there, I was heading to the range to meet a client. "
OFF topic German...
When my sister brought home her boyfriend for the first time (she's my older sister); she mentioned that she had some serious brothers. (read in to it what you will).
So, the day he rolls up with her in his 81 Z28 - I'm a camaro fanatic
I'm sitting on the porch, cleaning my gun with my Rottweiler at my feet. (normal after a day of hunting). I guess he was a little freaked out; I guess he figured all country people live and breathe deliverance.
Good times.

Reactions: jrassy and lash
Drywallwrs buried the cooktop outlet behind the cook top cabinet I installed. I didn't see it there so no cutout. Sparky showed up and realized what happened. He finally figured out where the box was and says to me "you gonna cut this box hole?" I just looked at him and said "nope". Has a pissy look on his face. Not my monkey, not my circus.
Wait until you have a swimming pool Gunited and realize a pool light niche the size of a 1 gal. bucket was shot over in concrete, leaving nothing but a wall.

Um, wouldn’t this only apply to fresh concrete? Why not use Muriatic acid and a pressure washer?
That would etch the surface but not remove the thin, weak layer that's left behind when finishing.
Grinding or shot blasting create a better surface profile for better adhesion.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
That would etch the surface but not remove the thin, weak layer that's left behind when finishing.
So, what are you all’s thoughts for repairing concrete that someone pressure washed with too high of pressure? Yes, this happened to me. Hired a guy that was recommended. Mistake. My 4 year old concrete looks like it’s 60 years old. Used to be bice and white, now looks like shit and mildew settles on it fast. Only thing I know to do, aside from bust up and re-pour, is skim coat the surface. Any concrete guys got any recommendations? I just want a smooth/white surface again.

So, what are you all’s thoughts for repairing concrete that someone pressure washed with too high of pressure? Yes, this happened to me. Hired a guy that was recommended. Mistake. My 4 year old concrete looks like it’s 60 years old. Used to be bice and white, now looks like shit and mildew settles on it fast. Only thing I know to do, aside from bust up and re-pour, is skim coat the surface. Any concrete guys got any recommendations? I just want a smooth/white surface again.
I don't think you can skimcoat over cured concrete. It would just flake off and really look like shit.

Some people pay extra to see exposed gravel in their concrete. 🤷‍♂️

Not only that but you are saturating concrete with water. Also, if you don't dilute it enough you will make the top layer brittle as hell.

Asphalt over top. Blacktop to me looks good and if you need to repair a few spots you can just use a cold patch.

Reactions: Bender
Why not stain it? My concrete drive and patio are stained and IMO looks way better then bare concrete.

I don't think you can skimcoat over cured concrete. It would just flake off and really look like shit.

Some people pay extra to see exposed gravel in their concrete. 🤷‍♂️
Damn! Really? Lmao.

Why not stain it? My concrete drive and patio are stained and IMO looks way better then bare concrete.
Might be an option....just not sure what color to stain it.

Damn! Really? Lmao.

Might be an option....just not sure what color to stain it.
Yes, search ‘exposed aggregate concrete’ on your search engine of choice.

If you stain it, also seal it.

Be boujie and get it polished. Just don’t wear cowboy boots 😂

A9674A61-BB79-4D57-B9EF-E03738D51A4A.jpeg

There are companies that do micro-resurfacing with coatings that look better than fresh concrete.
Like this: https://www.sundek.com/concrete-resurfacing/driveways/

I don't believe we ever had a POS POTUS before like this have we ...... Make America Great Again is vile in his mind. When people are lazy you create an Hitler ,further laziness makes an Hitler unstoppable. Then when you finally get off your asses a loss of life takes has to take place to remove a Hitler.

Be boujie and get it polished. Just don’t wear cowboy boots 😂

View attachment 7947568
That looks really nice. Was planning on something like that in my basement. Havent seen anyone do that on the exterior of a home tho.

Have work being done on the house through a GC as it is in many areas/different projects. No big deal.

We realize that we need some outdoor flooring re-coated/stained/sealed/whatever in the backyard as well as around the pool where we had new concrete put down after a tree started moving/growing through it. GC calls the contractor he usually uses for floor coatings, they give me a bid and at one point I ask about including my driveway into the bid as well. GC says he's just going to have us deal with each other as its a small and straightforward job and nothing for him to do or put anything into.

Fast forward a few weeks and it still hasn't started due mainly to all the rain we've been getting. In the meantime I tell the flooring guy that we won't do the driveway but to do the pool (most important) and the back patio area.

Get a text from the GC this past Friday that 'sand blasters are coming' Saturday. I'm like...ok, tell them to come in the back and do their thing.

Saturday sandblasting begins on the rear patio floor and after a few hours they're gone. I walk out the side of my house later that afternoon to go somewhere and notice.....the driveway looks to be sandblasted. I look around some more and....the pool area is NOT sand blasted. Right as I am about to call someone this guy that was apparently in charge of the sandblasting hobbles around the corner. I immediately tell him something isn't right and he's like, we did what we were told. Do the back, do NOT touch the pool, do the driveway. Nope...wrong order bud. I KNOW thats wrong because the pool was the A#1 thing that needed to be done and I had mentioned it 30 times.

He immediately starts getting a little tiff'd. I tell him I'll call the guy who called him for sub work on Monday and I guess we'll figure this out. Mind you, I never started with how he's not getting paid, or he fucked up, or any of that. It was - lets just wait and figure it out, it is what it is. He starts talking about 'his invoice' and I'm like...did you not hear what I just said? Plus you're subbed out, I don't want your invoice.

Monday rolls around. I call the main flooring guy and leave a voicemail. An hour later I get a call from....the sandblaster guy again. WTF?

Apparently he went by my house at 130 and I wasn't there. Uhh...for what? He was going to drop his invoice off for me. EL O EL

Who is this stupid?

First of all, I didn't hire you. I don't know you. I didn't schedule you. I haven't signed a single fucking thing.

Second of all, did we not have a conversation Saturday about this and what I was going to fucking do to see about working it out?

Third, who in the fuck in their right mind would pay you off some random ass invoice you drop off?

I'm like, my guy, I left your 'boss' a message. Haven't heard back.

He goes straight into high pressure used car sales pitches like how he needs to be paid for the work he did; yeah, great. It wasnt the work I authorized, so yeah, no.

Again, let me just figure this out in the next day or two with the guy who hired you and we'll get it sorted ok? Jesus. I'm trying to actually work on this with you guys.

He then goes straight to 'it sounds like I'm going to get dicked around on this by you. Im going to come by again with my invoice and if you dont pay it Im adding a 25% late fee and theres going to be problems'.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (breathe) problems? PROBLEMS? what problems you got for me? hahahHAHAHAhaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ok so....I'm trying to figure this bullshit out and still get you paid and your response is to call and try and strong arm, scam and then threaten me? Bold strategy Cotton.

So I just ask....where in our contract does it state anything about that late fee?

I can hear the wheels in his inbred ass turning when he realizes - we never signed a single thing because I was still waiting for the flooring guy to come by, get a deposit, sign a scope of work and pick out stain colors. But he put it off because he was so far behind and it never happened.

We have absolutely ZERO fucking agreement at all, in any form at this point. And this is the route this tard wants to go with me?

Seriously? I could easily just tell everyone to lick my balls at this point and not pay anyone; there is no agreement to anything. Yet I've been the one wanting to figure this out from the get go.

The fuck?
Are you still in the same house as last time? Or did you move?