• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Are S&B scopes really that much better?

Re: Are S&B scopes really that much better?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hensoldts don't have a good choice in reticles
wink.gif
Seriously, i don't pick them by price. I wish S&Bs were cheaper. I would still use them. They give me everything I have ever needed out of a scope. I started using them about 6 years ago and still have my first 5-25 and it's never let me down after flying all over the country to matches. I will stick with my S&Bs for a while thanks
smile.gif

Hamstur seems like we were coming from the same spot but just different ways of getting there. </div></div>

That's how I feel about my NightForce, they make me happy and I am fully satisfied with them.

However, I think even NF is overkill at times. As of late, I have sat behind Bushnells and Weavers and to me they are comparable to NFs as far as glass quality goes. They also tracked pretty dang good and I did not notice a degradation there either. The $150 fixed 10x Bushnell on a buddy's gun I helped set up had about 90 MOA of adjustments! Not too shabby for $150 scope.

If I was shooting as much as you, I too would opt for the S&B. In the big picture it's really not that much more than a NF. If you are planning to stay in this game a long time you might as well get the best as soon as possible so you can have more time to to spend with it and enjoy it.

Dam, now I just talked myself into getting an S&B for my next scope.

Re: Are S&B scopes really that much better?

Yup those little Bushnells are a good scope for the money. I used to have one on a Savage .223.

NF makes a good scope. They would probably be tied for my second choice up with the Razors if I wasn't shooting S&Bs. NF needs to get a hogher power FFP scope out though. The "Beast" is being talked about but we will see what it looks like when it hits the streets. And the cost
wink.gif