• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are Seekins rings twice as good as Burris XTR ring

Re: Are Seekins rings twice as good as Burris XTR ring

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't get me wrong the XTR rings will work.

However if you have the ability to spend almost the same money on a product that is better finished and makes installation easier, why wouldn't you?

Burris Xtreme Tactcal Rings - $64.99 at Midway
TPS TSR Aluminum Rings - $77.99 at Midway

The difference is less than half a box of bullets. The only drawback is that if you choose the TPS rings you don't get to be Xtreme and use the cool spelling. </div></div>

Are Burris Rings really $65 now?? Dam! If that is the case I would get the $45 Weaver Rings http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=WE99692

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I see a .50, Mcm stock, AICS stock, and 3 NF scopes. Curious as to why you chose to save 60.00 on xtr rings as opposed to Seekins or other quality ring??? Its like buying a ZL 1 Vette then sticking 25.00 tires from Wally World on it. </div></div>

actually it's not. Tires are probably the single best improvement you can make to your car for it to go around a race track faster. Put some nice slicks on a Miata and watch your lap times seconds decrease instantly. Rings to me are more like the rims that hold the tires. You want light, strong, and have it able to hold the tires. If the rim does all that, what more do you need?

You need to remember I am not one of the cool kids around here. I have no problem buying "inferior" stuff, and if it breaks, oh well, I will just replace it with something more quality. Problem is, the Burris works, and have not given me any problems yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I see a .50, Mcm stock, AICS stock, and 3 NF scopes. Curious as to why you chose to save 60.00 on xtr rings as opposed to Seekins or other quality ring??? Its like buying a ZL 1 Vette then sticking 25.00 tires from Wally World on it. </div></div>

Actually it's not. Tires are probably the single best improvement you can make to your car for it to go around a race track faster. Put some nice slicks on a Miata and watch your lap times seconds decrease instantly. Rings to me are more like the rims that hold the tires. You want light, strong, and have it able to hold the tires. If the rim does all that, what more do you need?

<span style="font-weight: bold">You need to remember I am not one of the cool kids around here</span>. I have no problem buying "inferior" stuff, and if it breaks, oh well, I will just replace it with something more quality. Problem is, the Burris works, and have not given me any problems yet. </div></div>

Fair enough. Although I'd say with 3 NF's, AICS stocks, etc., you're more a of "cool kid" than not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does this have to do with "cool"?

Can you explain to me what your definition of "cool" is?

If your going to spend that money on a 50 for instance, why not buy the most bombproof mount/rings known to man?

50BMG recoil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5pVya7eask
</div></div>

People tend to listen to the cool kids and not give them so many compliments like all the cool-kid-operators here on the Hide do to me.

Don't get me wrong, this place is great! Most of the Hide members, mods included are pretty awesome with us non-cool kids.

I want to be a cool kid operator though, these guys are my idols.

Seekins supports the industry, so I will support them if I can. I don't know how much money in prizes that Seekins put on the prize table at the TPRC, but it was substantial! I know it is quality stuff, and if that also makes me a cool kid, then that's just a bonus.

Glen is a true competitor and a damn fine marksman as well. Nice to see that a guy selling a top notch product can also hold his own amongst the best.

Everyone should make their decisions on what they think is good and right.

Ty

Seekins had thousands of dollars in prizes on the WA PRS - Findlay Cup table too. Glen goes above and beyond!

Seekins Precision is worth the money for the product alone, but his support of the shooters make it an easy decision.

Burris/Steiner donated a $2,500 scope to TPRC, sponsors our team, and is sponsoring almost every big match in the country this year, and their MIL/LE sales is also a competitive shooter. I have both XTR and Seekins rings, both have their proper application.

I learn so much from this place! Just learned that we should chose our rings by whomever donates the most to a shooting match.

I should not try to save $15 on rings so I can go to the movies tonight, instead I should work over time and get extra money so I can give it to the ring company so they can give it to some 350 lb guy at a match!

I learn so much here!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Burris/Steiner donated a $2,500 scope to TPRC, sponsors our team, and is sponsoring almost every big match in the country this year, and their MIL/LE sales is also a competitive shooter. I have both XTR and Seekins rings, both have their proper application.</div></div>

Very well said! I had no idea that Steiner was donated from Burris as well, but what a nice scope. I also remember proplate stepping up huge.

Thanks for making me aware of this.

I had a set of Burris XTR rings, they worked and I didn't have any issues with them. However, they were one of the first things to go when I started upgrading my Rem700. I now use Badger Ordnance and have never looked back.

NO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I learn so much from this place! Just learned that we should chose our rings by whomever donates the most to a shooting match.

I should not try to save $15 on rings so I can go to the movies tonight, instead I should work over time and get extra money so I can give it to the ring company so they can give it to some 350 lb guy at a match!

I learn so much here!</div></div>

Honestly pal I have no idea why you post on Snipershide. You have an obvious hate for anyone that participates in shooting sports. If people do participate and have an opposing view to you then they are immediately an operator and a cool kid.

I read some of your posts and see that you race street bikes. I think that it is cool that you think you have some skill on a bike and wish to measure yourself up amongst your peers. That takes courage to do, and you do know what it is like to participate in an individual sport. You know the meaning of lining up next to 30 guys and finishing 4th. When you go back to work other people who play team sports ask you how you did and you hold your head high with your accomplishment of 4/30. The person who asked usually replies "better luck next time", because they have no idea how hard you worked for that 4th. I'm sure some of those same people think racing a bike is all about who has the fastest bike wins. How do I know all of this? Because I raced Motocross and desert for over 25 years. Personally, I have always internally thought that street bike racers are pussies, but I digress.

I notice that in one of your pictures you are wearing a $700 Arai helmet. Why didn't you just pay $79.99 for an HJC? Are you trying to be one of those guys from Biker Boyz? Who do you think you are Laurence Fishburne? Do you pretend you are in a street bike gang?

Don't you see how ridiculous that is? Should I go sign up for a street bike forum and say this kind of ignorant shit just to get a rise out of people?

Now, I have an offer for you. There will be a precision tactical rifle match in Vegas on May 5th, and June 2nd. You know damn well the time and the place. Come out, I will pay your entry fee both times and if you can beat me either time I will give you $50 in cash(and I'm not even that good). This way you can see what it is all about and have a fair chance the second time. I want nothing in return, and I can promise that everyone will treat you with respect so long as you act like an adult. What do you have to lose? You may just have fun, and have enough money for another set of rings.

Now, to beat you to the punch......no I have no desire to shoot with you outside of competition as my time is precious to me, and I don't like you. Also, I will not respond to you after this because I know you get your rocks off by pissing people off on the internet and screwing up otherwise decent subjects.

Ty

Don't feed the troll! Even if he's kind of funny. I'm sure he loves it.

Feed him ... would like to see if he bites at the match invitation.

Anyway, to original poster (if you are still reading), I went from the Burris XTR's to Seekins as I just got tired of the scope sliding around in the rings. Maybe it was the Burris mount, maybe it was something else, don't know or really care all that much. Regardless, when I upgraded my scope, a proper mount and rings were part of the budget.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mister Ouchie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't feed the troll! Even if he's kind of funny. I'm sure he loves it. </div></div>

yeah this place is great! I love guns, and the best place to talk about guns is on gun forums right?

I especially love all the wonderful compliments I get from the Operators.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mister Ouchie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't feed the troll! Even if he's kind of funny. I'm sure he loves it. </div></div>

yeah this place is great! I love guns, and the best place to talk about guns is on gun forums right?

I especially love all the wonderful compliments I get from the Operators. </div></div>

And the best place to be an asshole (most of your posts indicates you are in fact an accomplished asshole) would be a proctology forum.

I thinking paying for something made in the USA is worth it alone plus you are getting a better product.

I have the Vortex precision matched and I love them. I'm not even running a high level scope (Millett LRS). 35mm rings all cost about the same so it wasn't even a question for me.

Will you be fine with the Burris'? Probably. If you are running a Leupy Mark 4, NF or better I would definitely go with the better rings because there is less of a chance of over-torque damage to the tube. Hell, you spent $1300 or more on the scope, you can obviously afford quality rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Honestly pal I have no idea why you post on Snipershide. You have an obvious hate for anyone that participates in shooting sports. If people do participate and have an opposing view to you then they are immediately an operator and a cool kid.

I read some of your posts and see that you race street bikes. I think that it is cool that you think you have some skill on a bike and wish to measure yourself up amongst your peers. That takes courage to do, and you do know what it is like to participate in an individual sport. You know the meaning of lining up next to 30 guys and finishing 4th. When you go back to work other people who play team sports ask you how you did and you hold your head high with your accomplishment of 4/30. The person who asked usually replies "better luck next time", because they have no idea how hard you worked for that 4th. I'm sure some of those same people think racing a bike is all about who has the fastest bike wins. How do I know all of this? Because I raced Motocross and desert for over 25 years. Personally, I have always internally thought that street bike racers are pussies, but I digress.

I notice that in one of your pictures you are wearing a $700 Arai helmet. Why didn't you just pay $79.99 for an HJC? Are you trying to be one of those guys from Biker Boyz? Who do you think you are Laurence Fishburne? Do you pretend you are in a street bike gang?

Don't you see how ridiculous that is? Should I go sign up for a street bike forum and say this kind of ignorant shit just to get a rise out of people?

Now, I have an offer for you. There will be a precision tactical rifle match in Vegas on May 5th, and June 2nd. You know damn well the time and the place. Come out, I will pay your entry fee both times and if you can beat me either time I will give you $50 in cash(and I'm not even that good). This way you can see what it is all about and have a fair chance the second time. I want nothing in return, and I can promise that everyone will treat you with respect so long as you act like an adult. What do you have to lose? You may just have fun, and have enough money for another set of rings.

Now, to beat you to the punch......no I have no desire to shoot with you outside of competition as my time is precious to me, and I don't like you. Also, I will not respond to you after this because I know you get your rocks off by pissing people off on the internet and screwing up otherwise decent subjects.

Ty </div></div>

If you go back and read my post, I said you should get the Gucci stuff not because you need it, but because it feels good to own it.

I like Arai helmets, they are the only helmets I will ever own. I like the way they fit me (people with "Arai heads" know what I mean), I like the way they look, and I like the label "Arai". Trust me, I too can be a fashion queen if I want to be. For gun rings though, I just don't feel like being a fashion queen. No matter what reasons you give, I just don't buy it. Why not just say "Seekins are much cooler than Burris" and leave it at that? I myself have no problems saying "Arai's are so much cooler than HJC, that is why I like them. I don't want to be like Lawrence Fishthorne, but I do want to be like Kevin Schwantz.

As for 4th place, yes it does suck and "a better luck next time" is a well deserved comment from my coworkers. 4th place is better than 2nd! 2nd place is the first LOSER! Nothing wrong with losing by the way, losing is better than quitting.

I like guns, as a matter of fact, loved gun my whole life. All aspects of guns, to the history of it, reloading, working on them, etc. Yes I even enjoy prone shooting. Something all you operators seem to look down on. If I like guns, why should I not be able to have discussions on gun forums. I especially enjoy it when all you cool kids and the "industry experts" give me "compliments". As a matter of fact I look forward to it! ahaahah that's why I keep on coming back.

Also I am not a fireman, once a fire start I will join in. If I see you attempt to put out the fire, I will help you put it out. However, if I see you adding more gasoline, I will too!

As for your dates, I will make sure to be there to at least one of them! The June one sounds better though, as the 5th is a Bachelor-Party weekend. It would be great to shake hands with another operator.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mister Ouchie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't feed the troll! Even if he's kind of funny. I'm sure he loves it. </div></div>

I especially love all the wonderful compliments I get from the Operators. </div></div>

And the best place to be an asshole (most of your posts indicates you are in fact an accomplished asshole) would be a proctology forum. </div></div>

Have no fear, I am an asshole in real life too, and have no problems admitting this.

Guys, this is cute but i wanted to just chime in seems how we now get phone calls and emails about this topic
smile.gif

We make our stuff out of high quality USA made aluminum and dont skimp on quality. The price is where it needs to be for us to stay in business. EVERYONES rings made will allow your scope to sit on your rifle. They all work, but we send alot of rings out to people that tried brand X and had issues, we have seen it all and rarely do we have any issues with our product (less than .001%)

will continue the support and do our best at filling prize tables in appreciation. We appreciate your business!

Reactions: tydex21

I just went to Seekins website today. I heard about them here on the hide.

I had assumed they were out of my price range. I was pleasantly surprised how affordable they are.

In the next month I'll order rings,base and DBM from Seekins.
(I just hope I can inlet my B&C stock myself.)

I have several sets of rings to include Seekins. Would have to say Seekins are my favorite due to the clean looks as I have had no ring failures. That said, none of my rings are cheap either. A friend of mine had Burris rings and I wasn't impressed although they got the job done. Burris definitely seems to have lower quality control and a higher failure rate though.

To put it simply the scope is your interface between the target and the barrel. Rings are the interface between the rifle and the scope. Do you really want to skimp out in quality there?

Rings are one of the cheapest but most important components of a consistent and accurate system. Don't make a bad choice on them.

To the original OP's question.

The answer is YES.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As Cartman has clearly proven, cheap rings are all you need...for rifles that only leave the safe for pictures. </div></div>

Actually they had to come out of the safe to take the pic right? FYI: These rings also passed the "Cartmann low crawl across the living room floor" test. Nothing spontaneously combusted and the sky did not fall during this test. </div></div>

Pics or it didn't happen.....

Glen, thanks for posting and for the sponsorship at the Findlay Cup match. As for the op's original question, I try to buy gear from local companies that make top quality products at reasonable prices. Some might disagree on what I deem reasonable but I haven't had any problems with the bases, rings, SRS's or DBM's bought from Seekins, they work reliably everytime.

My logic for getting Seekins rings was that they were on par with the most expensive rings for quality, but not on price. I see people referring to them as expensive rings, but they are really rather inexpensive considering the cost of rings at that level. Before I bought mine I was able to talk to Glen about his rings and ask him questions. How much is that worth? I have had second thoughts about many things I've bought, but never the Seekins base and rings. I just took my PST off the rifle last week and their is no way you could even tell where the rings were touching. It just seems like the worst place to try and save $40. I can't afford a Hinsoldt or a TRG22, but for a few extra bucks I can have that level in rings so why not?

I just picked up a Seekins base and rings for my long range rifle and I was immediately impressed with their quality. I don't get too wrapped up in the fashionable gear, but I will say that I find Seekins stuff to be a great value. The fit was solid; and for those who care, the finish was perfect as well. I really don't see gaining anything going with NF, Leupy, or Badger over Seekins, but I do see huge gains going with Seekins over some of the more "economical" brands.

I've had a set of Burris and Seekins on different guns and the Seekins is definitely better quality fit and finish wise. Have no been able to tell any difference between the two.

Since there's a love for car analogies in this thread, here's my opinion:

Burris XTRs -> Base Mustang V6 w/ pony package (respectable and good enough, nothing extraordinary)

Seekins -> Shelby GT500 (that every extra bit that costs more, and is just about all worth it, IF YOU'RE IN THAT CLASS TO BEGIN WITH)

However, if you're not shooting with the big dogs and don't need premium gear all around, the XTRs will run fine.

(Howa 1500 + $400 scope, I say get the XTRs)

Personally used both, but I'm actually an A.R.M.S. loyalist myself... (got a Accupoint & Burris mounted with them currently), no love for us in this thread though for some reason...

I have Burris XTR's on my .50bmg and they've held up fine. I have Warne's on my .308 bolt rig, and they've also worked fine. Everything else is a Larue mount (ARs). I think I'm done with new precision rigs for a while. If I do anything else, though, I'll likely go balls to the walls and get some quality steel rings. Not out of necessity, mind you. Out of 'peace of mind' and cool factor.

Just how does one go about determining that one set of rings is "twice as good" as another?

Does it hold the scope with twice the amount of torque and/or pressure?

Are the rings secured to the bases with twice the amount of torque?

Please, educate me. I'm ignorant.

Give me some empirical data, please?!?!?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Give me some empirical data, please?!?!?! </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Question:</span>
Two Hide members got together to shoot steel. Each brought one rifle system so there were two sets of rings present. One set was made by Seekins Precision and the other by Burris. The total awesomeness factor of their scope rings was 3.75. The Hide member with the Seekins said his rings had a 2.498 awesomeness factor. How many times more awesome are the Seekins?

<span style="font-weight: bold">Answer:</span>
Let X = Seekins, Y = Burris, Z = Total
X + Y = Z
2.498 + Y = 3.75
Y = 1.252

Ratio = X / Y = 2.498 / 1.252 = <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">1.995</span></span></span>

This has been a funny thread. Never knew people could get so worked up about rings. To answer the OP, yes they are worth it. If you can spend an extra 50 bucks to get some top quality rings for your rig that you spent $1000 - $10000 why even contemplate.

The simple fact that I don't worry about having to lap my Seekins or Badger rings or having any problems with them is worth it to me.

I have a set of Burris XTR's and a set of Vortex rings, which I believe were made by Seekings. I liked my XTR's, but the Razor I bought came with the Seekings. They both worked fine for me. To be honest, if I was going to buy some higher end ring I would go with American Rifle rings. I think the design makes sense.

I meant that last statement as no disrespect to any other ring company. So my short answer is no, for most applications. If your life depends on it, maybe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamstur</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Give me some empirical data, please?!?!?! </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Question:</span>
Two Hide members got together to shoot steel. Each brought one rifle system so there were two sets of rings present. One set was made by Seekins Precision and the other by Burris. The total awesomeness factor of their scope rings was 3.75. The Hide member with the Seekins said his rings had a 2.498 awesomeness factor. How many times more awesome are the Seekins?

<span style="font-weight: bold">Answer:</span>
Let X = Seekins, Y = Burris, Z = Total
X + Y = Z
2.498 + Y = 3.75
Y = 1.252

Ratio = X / Y = 2.498 / 1.252 = <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">1.995</span></span></span> </div></div>LOL...Great proof

To OP:

If you're serious about Precision Shoot and have plans to maybe getting better Scope to replace your $400 Midway Specail, then I'd go with Seekins, as you'll probably be able to use this Ring for any future Higher End Scopes as long is the Main Tube Dims are the same. I had XTR with Millet TRS-1 because I was buidling a "Budget" Gun too. But as time progress and I get more and more into this Hobby, I find myself wanting better scope and gears. I finally took to plunge and got the New Bushnell HDMR 3.5-21 x 50mm with the G2DMR reticles but the problem is this scope has a 34mm Main Tube which mean my old XTRs are no longer usable. I went ahead and bought Seekins Rings for the new setup and Even though it cost more than the XTR I can say the build quality and fit is much better too. Bottom line, if you're in this just to test the waters and not planning on anything serious then go Budget Route. But if you get serious down the road, eventually you will one day find yourself replacing all of your Budget Pieces with Higher End Pieces. After all, nobody will go cheaper and lower with their equipment. Only better and higher quality.

I wasn't going to chime in because everyone needs to decide themselves on how much they want to spend. As the guys have said before, in the end, both will do their job. I have personal experience since I went from a set of XTR's to the Seekins rings. Besides the obvious fit/finish difference, the major difference I noticed was when I mounted the scope. The XTR's are two sets of 6 screws. When tightening down the top of the rings, the XTR's kept moving ever so slightly, it even moved my scope a little as well. When I mounted the same scope on the Seekins 6/4 screw set, i got absolutely zero movement while tightening down. My personal experience. Are the Seekins worth twice as much??? That is up to you to decide, you have several opinions here, I know I will be buying another set of Seekins rings when I need rings again.

Geeezzzzz, I've used basic Weaver rings since 1963 and have never had any problems.

Personally, in my OPINION, I think it's all marketing, known here as "tacti-cool".

Once again, show me some EMPIRICAL evidence, not just opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geeezzzzz, I've used basic Weaver rings since 1963 and have never had any problems.

Personally, in my OPINION, I think it's all marketing, known here as "tacti-cool".

Once again, show me some EMPIRICAL evidence, not just opinion. </div></div>I'm not exactly sure how to go about gathering this "EMPIRICAL" evidence. Do you have any "EMPIRICAL" evidence that Weavers are just as good? You say it's your OPINION that's it's all marketing, but want something more tangible then other peoples opinions that it's not just marketing.
crazy.gif

Had never heard of Seekins beforehand, would definitely spend money on decent rings for decent glass. If I ever need rings would look at the quality & would prefer to spend my money on a sponsor & someone who responds to the gun community.

I need to buy a pair of rings for my M70 Ultimate Shadow 300WSM, it is strictly a hunting rifle. I am considering all three, Burris XTR, Seekins and Badger.

Burris aluminum rings cost $60. Seekins aluminum rings cost $129, add another $40 you can get Badger Ordnance steel rings. What is the consensus on Seekins vs Badger Ordnance?

I went with seekins bases and rings myself, but having seen friends with badgers you can't go wrong with either choice.

Do you want steel or aluminum rings?

Some consider the weight factor between steel and aluminum.
While others feel that steel rings hold better for larger caliber rifles.

Too sum up the seekins/badger question the best analogy would be BMW vs Mercedes...Both are high quality and will not disappoint.

Thanks. Aluminum or steel, that is the question.

For target rifle mostly used in the shooting range, I am fine with aluminum rings. My main concerns is whether aluminum rings will hold zero when subjected rough handling during hunting. I won't drag the gun, but it may get bumped or dropped. It will be a Weaver 3-15X50 Tac on a M70 ultimate shadow 300WSM.

Seekins aluminum rings will take anything you dish out. I have used them for years at tactical matches and the rifle takes some abuse and banging around. They have always held great for me. That's with a S&B 5-25x56 on it and used on rifles from .243 to 300WM.

Holy crap. Didn't know you guys would have 94 opinions on this one matter. Thanks for all the info!

Aside from the fit/finish, looks and tacticoolness, are there any performance differences between the Burris and Seekins? Will the Burris stop holding zero after thousands of rounds fired or being in the field and hit against things?

I'm the OP btw.

The Burris will probably continue to hold a zero just fine. As for if you hit it on something, that's like asking which car is most likely able to drive away from an accident, a Humvee or an S10 blazer. Depends on the accident but I would rather be in the Humvee.
I believe that Seekins are made to tighter tolerances. If you don't intend to lap your rings then getting the Seekins is a must.

the Burris rings MAY work out great for you but its going to be a crap shoot. I went through two pairs of them, one is still working fine and dandy on a 308 and the other took a shit and won't hold a scope in place for shit even after I lapped them.
Then I found seekins. Have one on a steyr 308 and another on a 338. Both have not had a single issue.

For the extra few bucks, you're getting quality assurance knowing you'll never have to unfuck your rings and throw em out. Seekins will last forever, think of it as an investment in buying a good quality tool. The made in china crap may just work out, but you'll never know until it goes tits up when you need it the most.

Buy your Burris rings and eat a 50% loss (and possible a slow turn time selling them) when you find out they aren't up to your standards.

Buy once cry once.... It has nothing to do with being a "cool" kid but rather a smart consumer. And you'll always get your money back from a set of seekins rings.

I started with burris rings and while some where fine, some have not been so great. So as of late I have been using Warne PA’s. They may take a little more effort to install but they are head and shoulders above the Burris XTR’s I have owned. Plus they usually cost a little less.