• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are the FN SPR enthusiasts extinct?

Yes both the FN and Win M70 require machining.

It’s very minimal and can be easily accomplished on a manual mill.

Is it the same as the machining for the long action, where you have to mill the front of the reciever for the magazine to fully engage?

Hey Guys
Just managed to buy a unused 24" SPR A5, so happy to get another chance with this rifle after regretfully selling mine a few years ago.

Its a 24" barrel, does anyone have to diameter of the muzzle on hand so i can order a brake for when it arrives?

Thanks

Hey Guys
Just managed to buy a unused 24" SPR A5, so happy to get another chance with this rifle after regretfully selling mine a few years ago.

Its a 24" barrel, does anyone have to diameter of the muzzle on hand so i can order a brake for when it arrives?

Thanks
I had mine threaded 5/8 24

Doesn’t the FN receiver need to be machined to utilize CDI bottom metal?
I have a cdi on mine in a manners stock and I’m about 99% positive there is no machining done to my action. I lived fairly close to Jeff when he had his shop so I went there and he inletted my manners while I waited but I do not believe the action was touched. I could pull it out of the stock and look if needed.

Now I’m curious about mine. Mine is a short action if it matters.

Most of these rifles that were built a while back are probably opened up on the bottom of the action because back then, that was the only way to get ai mags to work.

Now, if you have a bottom metal or chassis for your rifle that takes ai mags, you can feed your m70 with MDT poly-metal mags without having the action touched. These mags are just a touch slimmer, enough to fit through the magwell and work.

Reactions: Action Guy
I have a cdi on mine in a manners stock and I’m about 99% positive there is no machining done to my action. I lived fairly close to Jeff when he had his shop so I went there and he inletted my manners while I waited but I do not believe the action was touched. I could pull it out of the stock and look if needed.
He did mine and did the mod on the action for free. I remember everyone saying it's a very minor machining operation but don't remember the details.