• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are the Libraries Next?

Centex

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2011
I mentioned to the Mrs. that the libraries in the liberal cities will be cleansed of books they view as "the wrong viewpoint on history".
Are any of you seeing this in your communities. She thought I was crazy and that would not happen.

Any symbol that the left views that goes against their views and agendas are being pulled down or destroyed.

The next time I go to the library I wll ask, on the side, one of the librarians if this being discussed behind closed doors. My feeling is the books will be removed one at a time and the listing in the catalog will be removed. No mention will be publicly made.

As one of the post stated it is time for us to save those books, magazines, DVD's etc. to save the recorded history. I agree. Too many people are in charge that will not take a public stand for what is right.

I think a lot of Public libraries have been already changing their shelves to be a bit more "modern" and "Politically Correct".

We may have to go full f451 and have private hidden libraries that are well hidden and heavily guarded from everyone including the local government types.

And people thought I was stupid saving the World Book Encyclopedia and year books from my parents house!!!!

Reactions: GUN NUT in IA
Yes. The statues are the very beginning, not the end. Communism is a "Totalitarian" ideology. Because it is based on false premises and lies it must infect every facet of society in order to maintain all the lies. It is not just statuary, but all art, all literature, science, everything. The internet is certainly the primary focus. All dissent will be demonetized and eliminated.

The reason the Russians had to steal everything then and the Chi Coms have to steal everything now is because in order to have communism you must crush all individual thought, and that leads to ZERO creativity. They will destroy and torch everything there is till there is nothing.

I was gonna say we are already seeing it, monuments/statues, movies, and icons in ads and things we buy.

This is the 21st century version of the Nazi partys book burning.

Reactions: GONE BAD and Fig
Hopefully the National Geographic Magazines with the naked black women will survive this history cleansing period, spank bank is running low.

• Haha
Reactions: Edgecrusher
Just check out the "Friends of the Library" book sales when they deem it safe to do so. I have noticed in the past couple of years how many conservative authored books have ended up on those tables. I guess this year it will be books about the War of Northern Aggression.

1592848228412.png

1592848402181.png

Reactions: Centex
Hopefully the National Geographic Magazines with the naked black women will survive this history cleansing period, spank bank is running low.

Or all the documentaries that featured hours of the same......

Also, just remember your e-books are not exactly as safe as you think unless you have them in write only offline storage media.
It's why I prefer printed books for long term storage.

Amazon of course showed (with 1984 none the less) that they would willingly just reach into your kindle, remove the title, refund your credit card & erase any trace of the purchase from your online order history with them.....

Microsoft of course can read, take, change or remove any files on your computer running windows 10 that are "harmful to the operation"..... well....

If you have your storage backed up to the cloud & Google or Amazon decides those files are "hate speech".....

Due to pandemic, libraries are closed in my county as is the Senior Citizens Center. I used the library to get the latest DVD and last year discovered the Center which housed a roomful of near new books, both hard and soft covers. One could take as many books, read and return at convenience. Thankfully, in the weeks just before they all closed, I got a couple dozen books to fill up a new bookcase I had recently purchased. The books appeared to have been read only once, then donated to the Center. Unfortunately I have almost gone through all of them and recently ordered a recommended book through Amazon (gasp, blasphemy!). It was the Guns of August, a Pulitzer Prize winning book about WWI. I was curious as it was written by a woman, Barbara Buchman. She also wrote another book, The Zimmerman Letter originally thought to have been sent from Germany to Mexico to fight against the US if they should enter WWI. It was much later found the origin of the letter came from Great Britain to entice the US to enter the war sooner then they did. Interesting stuff.