• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are the Ruger mini 14 Promag any good?

JAAM12

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2010
Iowa
I found some promag 10, 20, 30 round ruger mini 14 mags for sale at a couple of stores. Are they any good?

Regards

No magazine manufactured by ProMag has ever been accused of being "good" by any standard aside from the fact that they are "cheap" in comparison to others (and for good reason too).

For a Mini 14: STRONGLY recommend you stick with Ruger factory mags! They are stupid pricey (compared to STANAGs) but are the only ones known to be reliable. As for ProMags the only time you'll see the word "good" used in the same sentence is when it is immediately preceded by the word "not" ;).

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I have the same though on them as well, however, I was wondering if they have improved. I have some on order from ruger and waiting on a email response from midwayusa. So I think i will be fine. I will just keep looking. I found a Ruger Mini 14 at scheels in Iowa. Ok price but it helped the supply change form ruger-scheels-to me.

Regards