• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Are these Badger Rings?

Paulie771

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2006
Middle Tennessee
I need to figure out who made these rings. I was told they're Leupold Mk IVs, but they look like Badgers to me. However, I can't find the number that's on them (where badgers are numbered) anywhere. Can anyone tell me something about them, please?

35bzcbn.jpg

2lusw14.jpg

Re: Are these Badger Rings?

Look like badgers to me. Look at your second pic the number is behind of the objective on the bottom front of the ring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ajwcotton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look like badgers to me. Look at your second pic the number is behind of the objective on the bottom front of the ring. </div></div>

I know, but I can't find that number in any of my searching to correlate it to a Badger ring (that's what I meant in the OP, not that I couldn't find a number on them, my bad). It's not a part number of theirs. Do they serialize their rings and that's what I'm looking at? The number is the same on both rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ajwcotton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look like badgers to me. Look at your second pic the number is behind of the objective on the bottom front of the ring. </div></div>

I concur - I sold a set of Leupold Mark 4 aluminum rings a couple of months ago and they were not marked w/anything. However, my Badger rings have a roll marked number on the base ring like yours in the pictures.

AvsFan
cool.gif

They sure look like Badgers (or at least VERY good knockoffs).

The engraved number (10031) on them is the serial number (which should match/be the same on BOTH rings as Badger rings are sold in matching, serialized sets).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They sure look like Badgers (or at least VERY good knockoffs).

The engraved number (10031) on them is the serial number (which should match/be the same on BOTH rings as Badger rings are sold in matching, serialized sets). </div></div>

Ok, so Badger serializes their sets. That's what I needed to know. I'm going to say these are Badgers in that case. Thanks for the info guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They sure look like Badgers (or at least VERY good knockoffs).

The engraved number (10031) on them is the serial number (which should match/be the same on BOTH rings as Badger rings are sold in matching, serialized sets). </div></div>

Yes, I just found this while doing a search...

"In the early 1990’s Badger Ordnance identified the need for quality tactical scope rings and mounts designed to meet the higher demands of the emerging military, law enforcement tactical and target shooting community. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Badger Ordnance telescopic rings are machined from steel bar stock or aircraft grade aluminium alloy and are serialised as matched pairs. This assures that both rings are identical and eliminates the effects of machining dimensional tolerances of mismatched mass produced rings.</span></span></span> Maximized rings are designed to fit MIL STD 1913 Picatinny optical rails and are finished with Mil Spec black oxide."

They are badgers, I have both the old style mark 4 rings and badger .823 standards and there are slight differences. The serial numbers are the big give away though.