• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are they worth it? Phoenix Tactical Pod Claws

hbus1300

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2010
Missouri
I use a Harris Bipod and have been considering buying some of Phoenix Tactical Pod Claws and am wondering what other people think of these. Reason i'm considering it is because on some surfaces I can't get good bite to properly load the bipod. Thanks for any input.

Re: Are they worth it? Phoenix Tactical Pod Claws

Yes! The pod claws are definitely worth the money.

Yeah, what Kansas said. At the moment, I only have the large claws, and they're great for loading the bipod. One of these days I need to order some of the other feet and test em out.

I have a set of Pod Claws, and while they're great on soft soil and grass, they're not very good on concrete or other hard surfaces. For me, the most versatile option is their rubber "MOUT" footing. They have more surface area than the regular Harris bipod feet so they don't sink in too much in grass and soft soil, yet they still provide plenty of friction to grip concrete and other flat, hard surfaces. I've never had a problem loading them on any surface I've shot on, including grass, concrete, off a bench, hood of a car, or just plain dirt. Just something to consider...

Yes they are great and if/when you shoot from a bench you can use the ski feet which are excellent as well.

Good luck

Steve

I agree with PhrogDriver. They definitley work great on surfaces that they can sink into or grab onto. On harder surfaces like concrete they work alright, but the rubber feet are better here... I would reccommend them for hunting to anybody!!

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will start with a set of the mout rubber ski feet and go to the claw if the mouts don't get it. It seems like buying the adapters are the big cost and once you have them its cheap enough to get different feet.

They should be in your tool box as they have a place but they are not perfect for all surfaces. At times they can be a pain on angled surfaces like roof tops. Because the claws are so big its hard to get them to lye flat at times.

Perfect most of the time for me. They can tear up some of your other gear if not careful.

I have the pod claws and the rubber ski feet. They work great in all kinds of surfaces.

I have them on all of my Harris's and they're a must for shooting in sand and muck.

I must be the only person who tried them and didn't like them. They work well, but rotate forward when the bipod is loaded, which I didn't lime. That, and I didn't like the large footprint when folded up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They work well, but rotate forward when the bipod is loaded, which I didn't lime.</div></div>

You need to tighten the lock on the bipod leg to keep them from rotating. If the claw is folding under when loading, you would need to tighten the claw to the adapter. I never have an issue as long as I tighten them down and love them. Highly recommended.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I must be the only person who tried them and didn't like them. They work well, but rotate forward when the bipod is loaded, which I didn't lime. That, and I didn't like the large footprint when folded up. </div></div>

There's a tension bolt in each footing that will go from very loose to tight as you can get it.
I have personally loaded the crap out of rifles with no footing flip.
They designed like that sir.

Scott

I keep two bipods, one with the claws and one with the rubbers. If I am on the ground or a semi soft surface that I can dig into, they are awesome. If I am on concrete or other slippery hard surface they don't work very well. I do have new atlas that has both you can change out from the rubber to the claws with just a little spring detent to remove, I am still trying it out. And those claws are little tough on your shooting mat!