• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are You Kidding me???

It's a legitimate price.

The scope goes past infinity and into women's locker rooms.

Just like any other company's "limited edition", or "special release" or [FILL IN THE BLANK SUPER SECRET EDITION] packages...they've priced them stupid-high to get the "collector" dollars. Hell, people have charged as much (or FAR MORE) for similar "collector's edition" type package for many years and gotten away with it...this is no different and is no reflection on POF, the true "value" of its rifles (which is damned high in my book/experience with many over the years), etc. If you want a "special" rifle package...you gotta pay to play! ;)

If all you want is a P-308 16.5" with a nice finish/anodizing/paint job, some nice accessories, and the USO, etc., then by all means, save yourself several grand and buy them separately and shoot the hell out of it and spend the balance on training, ammo, etc.

That's nuts. You can get a Barrett M82 for that and is way more fun to shoot.... And it comes in a Pelican case!

How about Nemo's $100,000 titanium .308... That is REALLY absurd.

I'm with you that POF makes nice rifles for their niche in the market, but it appears they have become disproportionately proud of themselves.

If all you want is a P-308 16.5" with a nice finish/anodizing/paint job, some nice accessories, and the USO, etc., then by all means, save yourself several grand and buy them separately and shoot the hell out of it and spend the balance on training, ammo, etc.

Thats what I was thinking......there's no real collector rifle worth shit anyway.....unless it's something old or extremely limited quantities...you can buy POF's off the shelf now for much, much less $$$

As another poster said above, maybe jokingly or not, the box itself could have some money tied to it as well.

POF's brouchure says that everything, including the packaging, is made in the USA.

What it doesn't say is what type of wood it is. That could be a piece of the price if it's certain kinds, something like the price difference between hickory and pine, or walnut and birch.

It's not a big deal on the above, but I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt, that they came to a legitimate price based off of everything included.

I don't know what to think. I mean, even if it were 5k, I'd be reticent to buy it. It is a rifle commemorating the state of Arizona. I don't live in AZ, so I don't really give a shit. I could just get a normal 415 with a 1-8 USO, put it in a U-Haul box, spray paint it "POF-USA" and save how many thousands...The firearms I used to own all lived in a safe anyways. That box wouldn't do much good.

Thats what I was thinking......there's no real collector rifle worth shit anyway.....unless it's something old or extremely limited quantities...you can buy POF's off the shelf now for much, much less $$$

Aside from the wood crate/case, nick-nacks, and other "stuff," not to mention the provenance of being "1 of 100" limited edition rifles, you could easily put that rifle/optic/accessory package together for under $6,000 even at MSRP (which let's face it...you aren't likely paying!!) just with the figures off the top of my head which would be ~$2.5k for the POF, ~$2.3k for the optic/rings, $200 for Cerakoting, $50 for mags, $125 for bipod, etc., etc. ;)

Again...whether you deem the ~$10k sticker "reasonable" or not by whatever method you choose to value it is really pretty meaningless, because at the end of the day, you aren't really paying for the rifle and crap with it when you buy a package like that...you are paying for the privilege of owning a "1 of 100" limited edition rifle package. Just one of the many reasons I don't do "collectors item" type stuff as I run my equipment and this thing would just be collecting dust bunnies in its nice wood crate somewhere in a corner and never truly enjoyed for being the "tool" that it is (or should have been).

Lets see an AI .338 Lapua mag or that .308 gas gun, let me give that some hard thought? Maybe an HTI .375 Cheytac with a .50 conversion or a .308 from POF. LMFAO!!!

Just as a rough comparison, I bought a very lightly used, <50 rds through it, LWRC 18" REPR with 4 mags, a crappy 3-9 Nikon scope and 3 battle packs of ball ammo for $4K, add $345 for 200 rds of FGMM, $210 for the Atlas bipod, $279 for the PRS stock, $1500 for a Swarovski 3.5-18x44 scope, $410 for a Spuhr 20 MOA mount and I pretty much have a really nice piston gun for $6750. Add the $50 I spent on a nice bag I picked up on the last day of last year's Shot Show and I'm still about $2000 to the good. That makes a nice down payment on my soon to come bolt gun.
I'm using this gun as a range toy and I have it pretty much at just under 1 MOA for 6 5 shot groups now. I think I will do better with it once I have more trigger time on the gun. I'm gonna move out past the 100 yard mark tomorrow and shoot some more. We'll see where things go.

Just as a rough comparison, I bought a very lightly used, <50 rds through it, LWRC 18" REPR with 4 mags, a crappy 3-9 Nikon scope and 3 battle packs of ball ammo for $4K, add $345 for 200 rds of FGMM, $210 for the Atlas bipod, $279 for the PRS stock, $1500 for a Swarovski 3.5-18x44 scope, $410 for a Spuhr 20 MOA mount and I pretty much have a really nice piston gun for $6750. Add the $50 I spent on a nice bag I picked up on the last day of last year's Shot Show and I'm still about $2000 to the good. That makes a nice down payment on my soon to come bolt gun.
I'm using this gun as a range toy and I have it pretty much at just under 1 MOA for 6 5 shot groups now. I think I will do better with it once I have more trigger time on the gun. I'm gonna move out past the 100 yard mark tomorrow and shoot some more. We'll see where things go.

You should call the police beacuse someone robbed you.

HATERS+GONNA+HATE_05d460_3317189.jpg

You should call the police beacuse someone robbed you.

Well, I paid pretty much retail for everything. Thanks to a productive day at the range today, I have a sub MOA gun,. I learned lot about the gun and can see where my shooting needs to improve. No worries on my end about being robbed. I can afford it.