• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area 419 Arca lock or something else

adb77

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2014
Goshen, Ar
I run a manners T4A and would like to put a Arca Rail on it. This will attach to tripod and give me the ability to move my bipod around. Looking at the area 419 stuff, are there any other options better, cheaper? Running a atlas bipod too so I’ll need a Arca connector for it too. Let me know what y’all are running. Thanks in advance.

I've got Area 419 rails on my 2 Manners stocks and one on a McMillan stock and the only other rail for those stocks that I'd consider is perhaps the Henderson Precision rails. Besides Henderson, there's also Sawtooth Rifles but it depends on what stock or chassis your mounting it to.

I run a 14" Universal Rail barricade stop on one stock and the 12" Flat Universal Rail on the other 2 because those stocks have a DBM with a stop at the front of the magwell. For my Atlas bipods, I'm using the RRS BTC-PRO clamp.

Quality doesn't come cheap and I would encourage you to buy quality made in USA parts from good people.

Last edited:
Love the Arca rail from Area419 on my T4A. Love it. You will not be disappointed in the quality. I use a HOG for my tripod, so I didn't need a longer rail. I opted for the 4.5 inch version.

My new Manners will have a full length steel rail.

P54pq0h.jpg

8T0kU0f.jpg

hrPCRpV.jpg

I actually just received in the mail the adapter and a new harris bipod from them literally 20minutes ago. Quality looks superb. Waiting on the new mpa to try it out on. Another month or so before i know how i like it.

Reactions: adb77
Sounds like area 419 is the way to go. I’ve got a couple of their brakes and a rail, Ive has good luck with it all. Any reason to go with the RRS bipod adapter over the area 419? I’d rather order from one place if possible

Hands down beyond love me some AREA 419 and ARCA system I fought it for a long time broke down did one rifle and now I have it on 5 and I won't build a gun without it going forward. HIGHLY recommended.

The RRS BTC PRO Atlas bipod clamp will clamp on both RRS (Arca) rails and on pica tinny rails so it is more versatile in that respect. Other than that they both are quality products from companies that support our community.

Another difference- the Area 419 clamp is their Arcalock design which locks the clamp in place on their Arcalock rails. You can use it on a non-Arcalock rail by removing the two locking pins. The RRS clamp is not Arcalock which just means when you use it on an Arcalock rail, it will slide forward and back freely if the clamp is loosened. The Area 419 Arcalock means that the clamp will stay in place if the clamp is a little loose, you need to really unscrew the clamp before it slides freely.

Reactions: Stoweit and 260284
I just changed out the sling swivel for the arca adapter on the one harris bipod i had for the one rifle. May have taken 5 minutes to change it over maybe 5. That was cracking a beer during the time.

I love Area 419, but I’m not really a fan of their Arca cheese- grater rails after running one for about a yr now.. that whole serrated edge thing with the Arca lock pins on their adapters isn’t necessary, I’ll spare the details, but unless you remove the locking pins in your adapter, your gonna get aggravated..I have a regular smooth KRG rail on another rifle, and it has never slipped on me, even one time.. plus it’s not grating my hands.. Before the hate rolls in, I do have calluses on my hands, from doing concrete work 😆(true) In a nutshell, I don’t like a serrated Arca rails on my rifle..

Thanks for all the helpful advice, sounds like area 419 is gonna have couple hundred bucks headed their way.

I have an ARCA Lock version and the non locking version. I run the RRS adapters on my Harris and Atlas bipods because they work on pic rails too. Never had one slip on me. I bought both of the rails used and prefer the non locking version.

419 rail is the way to go,,but I like the rrs clamp better attaches to pic rail.i had a 419 clamp that would slip on me they did replace it at no cost

Has anyone used their new weighted rail? I'm looking at putting one on my rifle, but I don't know if its worth the extra $85 over the regular rail.

My Xylo chassis came with 419 machined in, and I couldn’t be happier. I use the RRS and 419 clamps. The 419 barely needs to be tightened to be rock solid, RRS works well, but does need to snugged down or can slip when loading bipod. RRS is good and being able to throw it on a pic rail on AR is convenient. I think moving forward I will host throw an Arca rail on my AR. Any 419 products I have used have been topnotch.

Reactions: flyer1a
What's the benefit of switching from a pic rail to an Arca rail for bipod use? Is it so you can remove the bipod and throw the rifle on a tripod?

Has anyone used their new weighted rail? I'm looking at putting one on my rifle, but I don't know if its worth the extra $85 over the regular rail.
I am switching my standard Area 419 ArcaLock rails to the new tunable rail. Mainly because my rifles are a bit rear heavy. So installing the tunable rail helped balance the rifle out. Also, the added weight has helped reduce felt recoil a tad more. The tunable rail is thicker due to the weights too.

Reactions: flyer1a
I'm looking at getting a the area419 14" universal rail for my manners. I've got a manners t4 with a 3 inch pic rail and ptg bottom metal. The ptg bottom metal sticks out of the stock kinda like a barricade stop, similar to Hawkins m5. Does anyone know for sure if the rail will fit without hitting the barricade stop on the bottom metal?

I'm looking at getting a the area419 14" universal rail for my manners. I've got a manners t4 with a 3 inch pic rail and ptg bottom metal. The ptg bottom metal sticks out of the stock kinda like a barricade stop, similar to Hawkins m5. Does anyone know for sure if the rail will fit without hitting the barricade stop on the bottom metal?
Area419 has a diagram on their website which can help determine that. Given it sticks out, it leaves a little less room for mounting, therefore causing your rail to stick out more.

On my T4A, going with a longer rail wouldn't work because of the gap it creates between the stock and the front action bolt. So I went shorter.