• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area 419 Funnel Kits

thrusty

Patriot
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2012
Hedgesville, WV
Just wanted to put it out there for those of us who handload and value precision reloading equipment.

What do you think of the new billet funnel with interchangeable heads and drop tubes from Area 419?

Attachments

• photo46770.jpg
    photo46770.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 46
Waiting for mine to arrive, ordered back in December. Jon said they were starting to ship hopefully yesterday. Looking forward to testing my Ultimate Kit out. Especially the drop tubes and Dillon powder die adapter which I understand is still being made but should be shipping shortly. Will be a great addition for those of us running Whidden floating toolheads and loading precision rounds on our Dillon's.

I did move Jon's original thread over from Scout but it fell a few pages back due to inactivity. Here's the link

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/forum/s...-powder-funnel

Yep, my ultimate kit shipped today as well. Should be great! I just came in from the shop using my new AMP and was pleasantly surprised to see the funnel kit was on the way...

Yep, just talked to Jon and got my shipping email! Ultimate Kit and extra drop tubes should be here Friday or Saturday!!

I saw these on FB the other day and they look very nice. Definitely a step up from the typical plastic RCBS type deals. I'm curious to hear some first hand reviews, once they get in circulation.

I got mine in today.

looks great! Take care to wipe down your threads prior to use. I had a little grit in mine and felt during threading so I backed off carefully and brushed it all down

I got mine in today.

looks great! Take care to wipe down your threads prior to use. I had a little grit in mine and felt during threading so I backed off carefully and brushed it all down

Ghengis, do us a large man and please either post up some pics or video of your new awesome kit. I'm certain many would enjoy that. I'm on the fence, but if they're all that I'll prolly pull the trigger. Vid assembling and using would be the chit.

ill post up a video later today. Mine came yesterday along with 2 drop tubes and a 6.5mm loading tray. Very nice!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

ill post up a video later today. Mine came yesterday along with 2 drop tubes and a 6.5mm loading tray. Very nice!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

OUTSTANDING PADOM. Thx Man. I'm looking forward to this. I'm gonna get rid of my pos plastic funnel. Sick of it. I have no idea why I haven't upgraded after all these yrs. Looking forward to your opinion on the drop tubes functionality on these.

Fits very snugly.

i can have a 3" drop tube attached and with my case sitting in the loading block, will NOT tip over (my main cause of accidental spills).

From loading block to case, case mouth to funnel , there's enough tolerance for smooth interaction yet not enough slop for those clumsy like me

*working off phone . Any upload a video but I can take t and send it to someone who can do it for me *AJ

Last edited:
SHWEET !! Ya gotta admit, the kit looks fricking awesome. So that's the "Ultimate Funnel Kit" and you ordered 2 drop tubes to go with it? Does the tube rest on the shoulder or the mouth? Inquiring minds just gotta know. Thx for posting up.

These look badass! I'm new to reloading so tell me. Other than aesthetics, what is the practical advantage to these over the Satern funnels? Do the drop tubes help in settling the powder?

These look badass! I'm new to reloading so tell me. Other than aesthetics, what is the practical advantage to these over the Satern funnels? Do the drop tubes help in settling the powder?

Yes, that's the premise. I believe over all fit, no static, and settling of powder (especially when you start getting at the compressed stage).

For the longest I've been reloading off the rcbs kit loading block and plastic funnel.

while it has served me well, here are the issues I run into:

-universal blocks are too shallow and cases can tip over.
-universal funnel: same thing. If you look at one, you'll notice "steps" where the case mouth meets. If you're not care ful and you tip the funnel you can spill powder and not know it.

like I said earlier, jon's kit addresses the modern "multi caliber" reloader.

one funnel and drop tubes to handle any caliber. Interchangeable caliber heads designed to give you a nice snug fit over the case mouth so you don't lose any powder nor can you stack tolerances against your favor.

Of course theres the the lack of static build and inherent safety but I consider those secondary selling points. We're not dealing with black powder.

*AJ, looks like it fits right above shoulder / case mouth junction. I tested it on just two cases and it seems to be a really close call. Unsure if the funnel is resting on case mouth or if it's stopped at the junction; either way extremely close fit.

And as as stated I can put a 260 Remington lapua case in his loading block WITH one three inch drop tube and tilt the tray at a 30-45 degree angle and nothing will fall off.

i only wish Jon made 100rd loading blocks.

***lastly I have a buddy who makes loading blocks out of wood. Here's a link for a cheap and nifty option for those looking for loading blocks that are caliber specific.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/495779316/reloading-block-loading-block-reloading

guy is chris Phillips and does good work.

Reactions: 1J04
Thx for your time sharing that. Answered my needy little questions. ;) Now where the hell is that credit card.

Ok made a quick video for you. I am NO professional camera man so you've been warned. LOL. Kit is really awesome though, very happy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i4LMV5fOpuM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damn near instant gratification. Love it !!! ;) Nice vid padom. Again, your time putting that up is appreciated. I really like that fit. The case's in the block and the tube on the case. Very nice. Seems to be a winner.

Just ordered mine with a few extra drop tubes and trays and thread protector for my hellfire break and direct thread adapter for my 30p1 thanks guys been trying to avoid going to Jon's site.

I ordered an ultimate kit and won an extra funnel kit off of the TeamArea419 Facebook page. I was going to give it to my buddy, but I think I'll just build a display case and stare at it because it's so beautiful.

46054747-DE9E-45E6-ACAA-B806CA7AF234_zpsnpishtxi.jpg
​​​​​​​

Funnel kits show to be on backorder. Anyone know the wait time?

Demand for these has been overwhelming. I try not to do too huge of batches for the initial run just in case there are any improvements I should make. That being said, as soon as I finish making all of the loading blocks from the initial ultimate kit orders, I'll be running more funnels this week. Hope to get them off to anodize by Friday, then a couple weeks there. I'd guess sometime mid March for the next wave.

Grossly underestimated drop tubes also, so didn't even have enough of those for the first wave. Should have those done in a week or two to fill backorders.

Thanks for all the interest!

These are bigger than the Saterns, and if you reload more than a couple calibers they start to make more sense financially. Plus, they're super badass. My kit is on the way.

Got mine last Friday and absolutely love it!!! Awesome product and of the highest quality!!!!

Demand for these has been overwhelming. I try not to do too huge of batches for the initial run just in case there are any improvements I should make. That being said, as soon as I finish making all of the loading blocks from the initial ultimate kit orders, I'll be running more funnels this week. Hope to get them off to anodize by Friday, then a couple weeks there. I'd guess sometime mid March for the next wave.

Grossly underestimated drop tubes also, so didn't even have enough of those for the first wave. Should have those done in a week or two to fill backorders.

Thanks for all the interest!

Are you making a Dillon Powder Die adapter for your funnel sets? It was alluded to in one of the first posts but I did not see it available on your website.

Yes he is. Jon told me it didnt get run with the first batch but was being run a week or two ago then had to go out for anodizing. Should be ready in a few weeks was the last update I got.

Thank you Padom. Did you order one? If so, when you get it can post a pic of it on your press? The Dillon adapter just may make me pull the trigger on this funnel set. Just Sayin'...