• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area 419 Hellfire Linear Flash Suppressor (LFS)

adamjma

Cold hands, lukewarm heart
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Canada
Didn't see a thread on this so I thought I'd throw this out there to see what the Hide thinks:

https://www.area419.com/product/hellfire-lfs/

Here's the money shot (directly pulled from the A419 website - mods please advise if this is not okay):

HF_LFS.jpg

I got the email a few days ago and I am in to try one. I have an AR15 pistol in 6.8 mm SPC with a 10.5" barrel that can be pretty ornery. Worth the money to try it

It appears to simply be lengthing the barrel a couple of inches. Not that that is a bad thing.

It appears to simply be lengthing the barrel a couple of inches. Not that that is a bad thing.

From this image on the A419 website it looks like a three-prong flash hider with some gnarly machining to the inner faces of the tines along with a blast director and maybe a venturi sort of effect..?

IMG_6782-scaled-e1584452936278.jpg

Has anyone actually bought one of these? Just wondering if they actually work as advertised. Knowing area 419, the probably do. I’ve been trying to get one, but they have been out of the for at least a month.

I'm curious about the dimensions? 6x4x2 inches? We miss a decimal point somewhere?

I have one. It works. It's about the same size as a Hellfire brake... definitely not 6x4x2.

IMG_20201019_163303_435.jpg

Reactions: DScorp
Bringing this thread back from the dead.

Any more people using these?

I am thinking the hellfire system looks like the way to go for multi suppressor/ multi rifle. This looks like a good way to switch back and forth between suppressor and flash hider. Anyone have issues with suppressor coming loose on a carbine using this system?

Really curious how well this would work under NVG versus say a Surefire 3 prong or Warcomp...?

Just bought am AR pistol 5.56 with a 7.5" barrel. It came with a no name linear comp that seems to work pretty well but I'm curious about this one. Everything I have from A419 has been phenomenal.

Reactions: DScorp
Ancient thread bump-

Sick of fighting blowback /on a 16" AR-10 308 and thinking about ditching the can and grabbing one of these to lessen the concussion of a shorty 308.

Any experience?

@earthquake ?

Last edited:
Ancient thread bump-

Sick of fighting blowback /on a 16" AR-10 308 and thinking about ditching the can and grabbing one of these to lessen the concussion of a shorty 308.

Any experience?

@earthquake ?
I've only put a couple rounds through mine since earlier this year....on a .223 and a .300BO. No experience with it on a .308W.

Reactions: CaptArab
I've only put a couple rounds through mine since earlier this year....on a .223 and a .300BO. No experience with it on a .308W.
Overall impressions?
I'm fighting buying a sandman k- $900 is a lot for ~15 db at the muzzle, not to mention the weight.

Overall impressions?
I'm fighting buying a sandman k- $900 is a lot for ~15 db at the muzzle, not to mention the weight.

How about I send you mine for you to check out? If you like it, I'll sell it to you for an agreed upon price. If you don't like it, ship it back. I'm not really using it anymore.