• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area 419 pic rail for CZ 455 or is there another?

Dthomas3523

Account no longer active
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    South Texas
    Looking for a full pic rail for CZ 455. I’ll be throwing my spuhr/amg combo on there until I get a dedicated optic for it.

Is the Area 419 the best option, or is there something else?

I think Near Mfg makes them as well but that could be bad memory.
    I know EGW makes them but the quality level that Area419 brings to the table far surpasses what you get from EGW. Near makes very good stuff, if they make it then I'd say it's a toss up between their stuff and the base Jon is making. Long answer short, you're not going to go wrong by buying the rail from Area419

I think Near Mfg makes them as well but that could be bad memory.
    I know EGW makes them but the quality level that Area419 brings to the table far surpasses what you get from EGW. Near makes very good stuff, if they make it then I'd say it's a toss up between their stuff and the base Jon is making. Long answer short, you're not going to go wrong by buying the rail from Area419

With all that sweet new gear in your shop, any chance we see PVA 455 barrels? (I know you have your plate full now :) )

I have a 419 on my CZ, and am picking up a Savage tomorrow with an EGW. Can't compare them now, but I will say that the 419 is awesome, and works great. You will most likely want low rings with the 419, as it sits a bit higher than standard.

Just changed out a DIP for a 419 and really like it. Shot it today ... very happy with the purchase. Agree on the rings ... using Seekins lows on a Athlon Ares BTR (50mm objective). Seems about perfect.

Reactions: Basher
    I've had DIP and 419. While DIP is nice, they do have a tendency to drift under recoil over time, as there's no recoil lug on them. The 419 is NICE. They do sit higher, and they're very snug going on, but they have a recoil lug and a built in bubble level. Well worth the coin.

The height was the only thing I was concerned with. My amg sits in a 1.18” spuhr. I’ll probably get the cheapest threaded target contour 455 I can find and then order the Boyd’s varmint with the adjustable cheek riser.

The 419 rail looks like a great option.

I have a Murphy Precision 40MOA 455 rail and can't fault it, you can also get standard (0, 10, 20MOA) rails too. I have a DIP rail, while not too bad for the low cost, it's no where near the quality of the Murphy.

I forgot to even check Murphy. Looks like it might sit a little lower than the 419. Their sight says it’s .45” high. Is that fairly accurate?

419 says theirs is .5”. So it’s probably a wash on height. 419 is a bit cheaper, has a recoil lug, and a level. For $100, seems gtg.

The best setup is the Murphy’s with the receiver drilled and tapped though a weee bit overkill lol.

Na, you don't need to drill and tap the receiver. There's six grub screws that push against the receiver when the rail is slid over the dovetail. Much like the DIP rail but a lot more solid and tighter fitting.

If I need any more CZ rails in the future I might try the Area 419 out, it looks good. But otherwise more than happy to go with a Murphy, it's coated stainless steel too.

I just picked up a Savage that has the EGW rail on it. Seems fine, and I doubt I'll change it out, but the 419 is WAY nicer. Can't really say better in any objective way, but it certainly is nicer. Any CZ I get in the future will get a 419.

I just put the 419 on mine for the 455 I just got. It was worth it. The egw and dip were nice too, but I know the 419 isn't going to move and is quality for sure.

Attachments

• 20180514_200756.jpg
      20180514_200756.jpg
      544 KB · Views: 214
    Reactions: Skok3y
    I just put on the 419 rail. It’s well made. The only thing I don’t like is how much fun taller it is compared to the dip. The dip really feels like an airsoft rail

I just put on the 419 rail. It’s well made. The only thing I don’t like is how much fun taller it is compared to the dip. The dip really feels like an airsoft rail
    I noticed that on my new rifle with the lower DIP rail. Looks to be about half as tall as my 419 was on my Tacticool.

I just put the 419 on mine for the 455 I just got. It was worth it. The egw and dip were nice too, but I know the 419 isn't going to move and is quality for sure.
    I just got an Area 419 rail for my new CZ. However, when I was trying to install it I encountered a lot of resistance. I didn’t feel comfortable to keep forcing it on there. Did you have this when you installed yours or did it just slide right on?

I just got an Area 419 rail for my new CZ. However, when I was trying to install it I encountered a lot of resistance. I didn’t feel comfortable to keep forcing it on there. Did you have this when you installed yours or did it just slide right on?

It's a tight fit by design. Use a heavy cloth or leather to cover the rail/receiver, and/or use a rubber mallet to tap it all the way on. It'll go with a little persuasion. ;)

It's a tight fit by design. Use a heavy cloth or leather to cover the rail/receiver, and/or use a rubber mallet to tap it all the way on. It'll go with a little persuasion. ;)
    Thanks for this! Wouldn’t have tried it otherwise, but it seemed to work great. I talked with Area 419 about it and they sent me another one free of charge (great customer service). They said it happens about 1 out of every 100 they send out. Their new base they sent didn’t slide on either, and their guess was that there must be a wide variation of CZ’s tolerances.

Thanks for this! Wouldn’t have tried it otherwise, but it seemed to work great. I talked with Area 419 about it and they sent me another one free of charge (great customer service). They said it happens about 1 out of every 100 they send out. Their new base they sent didn’t slide on either, and their guess was that there must be a wide variation of CZ’s tolerances.
    Put the rail on a hot plate.

Their new base they sent didn’t slide on either, and their guess was that there must be a wide variation of CZ’s tolerances.
    I bet that Area 419 doesn't have the dimensional blueprint for the 11 mm dovetail and designed their rail after measuring a small number of samples.

Don't forget that Area 419's products, like every product made by man, has its dimensional variations too.

I could very well be wrong, but my professional experience says probably not.