• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area 419 RailChanger vs. Railchanger X

JMetzinger

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2004
Central SD
Area 419 RailChanger vs. RailChanger X: Anyone have any experience with both of these bag systems? Looking at purchasing one and wondering if one substantially better than the other?

Personally I’m not a huge fan of the X. It works as intended but I don’t find myself affixing bags to my rifle to begin with. I like the surface area of a plate but I prefer the ability to adjust positioning on the bag rather than having to adjust rifle and bag simultaneously.

The X can also be somewhat of a pain to install. I intended on selling my OG Railchanger when I got the X but I find myself gravitating more towards the original.

Ultimately it comes down to personal preference. I’m sure there are people that love the new X just as I’m sure there are people who don’t like it. Fact of the matter is both can be made to do the job well, just a matter of what best suits you.

two very different systems. the X gives you the option to run as a solo plate and control the rifle by grabbing the plate and the bag at once (hence the thumb rest on it). where the orig railchanger is more of a way to just carry the gamechanger around.

in my opinion, if you want to be able to attach a gamechanger size bag to your rifle, the X is the way to go. it attaches much more securely and give a better overall package. (fyi, might need to take some fill out of the gamechanger for best results)

I use my railchanger with the small sticky bag mounted on it. That for me is a specific use product. i use it on unstable barricades and use a tripod for rear support, so things like cattle gates and other pipe props and rickety things that we have to shoot of off. Using the railchanger in this way allows a small lightweight bag that doesn't slip to be attached to the rifle, keeping a hand free to manipulate the tripod.

Reactions: JMetzinger