• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area 419 sale on tenacity actions

bmash

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 21, 2018
Zachary, LA
They have the pre integral recoil lug actions on sale. Several options were available - I bought one since my order from Defince is delayed due to CoVID 19. I always need more!!

I’m piecing together my first custom as we speak..what’s the big drawback of the non integral lug? It would be in a hunting rifle that’s not going to be switching stocks constantly..

I haven’t really researched that but I think it allows them to have even tighter tolerances built in. I’m building a Varmint gun and not using a pre fit pre chambered barrel so I don’t think there is any negative.

Yeah I see people mentioning easier for lots of barrel swaps but for us that are not competitive shooters and going to have a smith do all barrel swaps probably years in between I wonder if there is any negative at all

I have been planning on a lone peak razor but I can order from 419 on the defiance for 400 less

Don’t worry about the non integral recoil lug on an action for a hunting rifle. I’ve built 1/2 MOA rifles using Remington 700 actions. If you have a reputable smith chamber and instal the barrel, you wont notice a difference.

Alright not worried about it! But doesn’t matter now as it appears area 419 already sold out of the configuration i needed!

You’re probably better off. My experience with Area419 is that they extremely slow at completing orders, even for small items. They don’t return emails and this was before the China Flu hype.

Reactions: STLSteve86
You’re probably better off. My experience with Area419 is that they extremely slow at completing orders, even for small items. They don’t return emails and this was before the China Flu hype.
My experience with them was pretty good on the questions and orders with them.

Only reason for the integral recoil lug is to set headspace for shouldered prefits. If you don't do this you can have to much tolerance stacking for a prefit.

So if you're having a smith do it no difference. If you're using a barrel nut, no real difference.

Reactions: bmash
They don’t return emails and this was before the China Flu hype.
I sent an email over the weekend that I my FFL was sending his info. I got a response at 7:40 this morning that he would be looking for it. I guess the China flu has people less busy? I’ll let you know if it is slow to ship. I hope not! Of course who knows when I can escape Louisiana Without getting something stuck up my nose by Texas!?

Reactions: Gar.
Funny how shouldered prefits work perfectly in an origin and nucleus with their shit separate recoil lugs...

And, how you can use a shouldered Tl3 prefit on an Origin with the right thickness recoil lug...

There is tolerance stacking, sure, but if the parts are made to tight tolerances, then the stack is of no consequence. Of course, trust but verify...

Reactions: Steel head
. I guess the China flu has people less busy? I’ll let you know if it is slow to ship. I hope not!
Shipped at 1:34! Awesome, now I can get this thing built, work up loads and be ready for prairie dogs...if travel is allowed in a few months!

Source your action at the best price. But I would have someone else spin it up.

Area 419 has had a rifle they built for me last October. Worst experience I’ve ever had with a custom smith. Back at their shop since December 10th for accuracy issues. Maybe I will get it back some time this year lol.

Source your action at the best price. But I would have someone else spin it up.

Area 419 has had a rifle they built for me last October. Worst experience I’ve ever had with a custom smith. Back at their shop since December 10th for accuracy issues. Maybe I will get it back some time this year lol.
Thanks. I have a gunsmith in tx that I use. He does great work and loves to shoot long range.