• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area 419 Sidewinder muzzle brake

axarob44

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2017
Warren, Ohio
Anyone have one of these mounted up yet? Just ordered one today in .30 cal. I can't find any pictures of one mounted on a rifle. I'd like to see how it looks size wise because there's just an animation on the website.

Thanks want2learn, unfortunately those are pictures of the Hellfire brake. The one I'm looking for is the new Sidewinder brake. It's bigger than the Hell fire for magnum size cartridges.

I did mount one up today shooting 338lm. Day and night different with the stock AI brake. Easy to install and time. It felt like little more recoil than 308 without brake. I shot 50 rounds in just one morning.

20170819_160618.jpg20170819_160712.jpg20170819_160653.jpg20170819_160533.jpg

Attachments

• 20170819_084427-1.jpg
    20170819_084427-1.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
wow! That certainly looks really nice! Thank you for posting the pictures. I can't wait to try it on my .300.

I purchased for 175 dollars, it was pre-order price last week. I believe the price went back to 195. It really does reduce significant recoil.

sorry about that...been looking for a muzzle brake. i too missed a preorder price.....hope they run a promotion or discount in the near future.

the finishing is very nice, it looks better in person. Make sure you guys have the 13/16 wrench to torque down the adapter.

I have a Little Bastard on my 300 wm right now, so we'll see the difference with the Sidewinder brake. I also have a Hellfire on my 6.5 and the machine work on that thing is very nice.

photo69124.jpg

Got this bad mama jamma today! Awesome machine work just like the Hellfire brake that I have also. Like I said, this brake is replacing the APA "Little Bastard" brake. I will report recoil difference. I need to retake the pictures, only this one worked. Can't really see the brake, sorry

Attachments

• photo69128.jpg
    photo69128.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

Got this bad mama jamma today! Awesome machine work just like the Hellfire brake that I have also. Like I said, this brake is replacing the APA "Little Bastard" brake. I will report recoil difference. I need to retake the pictures, only this one worked. Can't really see the brake, sorry

Any update?

Not yet, My 300 dies will be here next week. I can't find any Match .300WM local. I went ahead and ordered all the stuff to make my own.

Looking at this, it seems very similar in concept to the Hellfire system... call it the big brother of the Hellfire.

In any event, regarding the universal adapter, does it seat against a shoulder on the barrel, or the end of the muzzle? I ask, because it's often impossible on hunter-weight barrels to have enough meat for a decent-sized thread with an appropriate shoulder... but if the universal adapter seats to the end of the muzzle, then as long as the OD of the barrel at the muzzle is big enough for the major diameter of the desired thread, you're GTG.

I just purchased my first brake went with the Hellfire. Recoil from a 24 inch barrel on a ten lb rifle was next to nothing. So why did I put a brake on it? When asked if I could see my impacts at ranges past 300 the answer was no. Hoping this will help.

Looking at this, it seems very similar in concept to the Hellfire system... call it the big brother of the Hellfire.

In any event, regarding the universal adapter, does it seat against a shoulder on the barrel, or the end of the muzzle? I ask, because it's often impossible on hunter-weight barrels to have enough meat for a decent-sized thread with an appropriate shoulder... but if the universal adapter seats to the end of the muzzle, then as long as the OD of the barrel at the muzzle is big enough for the major diameter of the desired thread, you're GTG.

It seats on the barrel / thread shoulder. Not on the end of the muzzle

I have a Little Bastard on my 300 wm right now, so we'll see the difference with the Sidewinder brake. I also have a Hellfire on my 6.5 and the machine work on that thing is very nice.

After having all three for a couple months which has the most recoil reduction and in the event the answer is different than the first, which is the best/ easiest to spot your own rounds?