• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area 419 vs Dead Air

Maelstrom

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2007
Southern Maryland
I have a Dead Air Nomad LTi currently in ATFE jail hoping to clear the E-file system in late July. I am planning on using this on .22-250, .308, and eventually a .300WM bolt guns. The .22-250 is my groundhog/varmint rifle. It will see the most use and round count. The .308 gets used for plinking and some deer hunting at my buddies property in West Virginia. The .300WM I won at an NWTF banquet and am hoping to rebarrel it (Bergara B14 with a pencil thin barrel) with a heavier Bartlein carbon fiber wrapped barrel to use on an elk hunt I am planning for 2024 with my father in law. I currently run the AREA 419 Universal Adapters on my ARs but am thinking about trying the Dead Air Xeno system on the bolt guns. I have been looking at the https://deadairsilencers.com/product/xeno-mount-xero/ if I go the Dead Air route. I am not worried about a break on any of the rifles at this point. Other than cost is there any advantage of one system over the other?

After seeing the recent thread showing how bad out of spec some of the recent production Area 419 adapters were, causing baffle strikes, I’d stick with the Dead Air brand mounting systems, like KeyMo and XENO.

Just my $0.02, take it for what it’s worth.

• Haha
Reactions: jb0311 and GMZ
After seeing the recent thread showing how bad out of spec some of the recent production Area 419 adapters were, causing baffle strikes, I’d stick with the Dead Air brand mounting systems, like KeyMo and XENO.

So by this logic we should avoid buying Dead Air products after reading a recent thread about someone blowing half their Nomad-Ti downrange.

I suggest that you apply different logic.

Link to thread?

Link to thread?
I believe he's referencing this thread:

I wouldn't let a sample size of 1 deter anyone from any product. Like @E. Bryant points out, that would disclude Dead Air, and really any other product out there.

There are many people out there using the A419 mounts without issues. I personally wouldn't let that thread deter anyone from buying their products, though I do think it's wise for people to use alignment rods to find and mitigate any issues in their mounting devices.

Reactions: DJL2 and E. Bryant

I wouldn't let a sample size of 1 deter anyone from any product. Like @E. Bryant points out, that would disclude Dead Air, and really any other product out there.

There are many people out there using the A419 mounts without issues. I personally wouldn't let that thread deter anyone from buying their products, though I do think it's wise for people to use alignment rods to find and mitigate any issues in their mounting devices.
Not only that but the specific issue was fault isolated, 419 is all over it going thru existing inventory and re-QC'ing it, and has revised their CMM software to eliminate this potential fault (well, that's as best as this non-machinist understands).

419 made the OP of that thread whole within a couple of days with another adapter that has proved out already.

And, 419 said that after all of the inventory, running the new program, QC'ing new products made with it, that they will issue a more in-depth report.

The OP in that thread is my good friend, I was at the range for the end cap strike and over his house as we peer myopically at an alignment rod poking out the end of his Ultra 9, trying other mounts (brand and just diff item). He's happy with the CS from 419 and the resolution of his issue and I plan on using the hellfire system of theirs that I have on the shelf if I live long enough to see my Ultra 7.

Cheers

Not only that but the specific issue was fault isolated, 419 is all over it going thru existing inventory and re-QC'ing it, and has revised their CMM software to eliminate this potential fault (well, that's as best as this non-machinist understands).

419 made the OP of that thread whole within a couple of days with another adapter that has proved out already.

And, 419 said that after all of the inventory, running the new program, QC'ing new products made with it, that they will issue a more in-depth report.

The OP in that thread is my good friend, I was at the range for the end cap strike and over his house as we peer myopically at an alignment rod poking out the end of his Ultra 9, trying other mounts (brand and just diff item). He's happy with the CS from 419 and the resolution of his issue and I plan on using the hellfire system of theirs that I have on the shelf if I live long enough to see my Ultra 7.

Cheers

You're right - A419's response to the issue should incite more trust and faith in their brand and products, not less.

Reactions: Jlknights61
You're right - A419's response to the issue should incite more trust and faith in their brand and products, not less.
Hello my friend, just another data point...went over to @GBMaryland 's joint tonight with my 419 Hellfire mount as my suppressor is still in jail. Screwed it onto his rifle with the uni adapter, screwed on his Ultra 9, inserted the alignment rod and it was perfect...or damn near.

Mine were bought in Aug of last year and his was July so clearly this is not an endemic issue.

I do think 419 makes some beautiful stuff.

Reactions: kthomas

I read through that entire thread including where @FuhQ accused PVA's machinist of "sucking.

It's not just the crown... It's probably the threads, as well. I'd just make them buy you a new barrel and refund labor, and have another smith install the new one. Obviously, PVA's machinists suck, and it seems their CS is terrible, too, if you can't get in touch with them. Regardless, just on those 2 strikes alone, I'd be finding me a new smith.

I have no issues with the high quality of Area 419. I am leaning more their way but the Xeno Zero mount is an interesting mount to me.

I love how everybody is simping up to PVA and kissing their ass, and demonizing me. Y’all are the most childish and pathetic grown man I’ve even encountered on a a forum. 🤣😂🤣

I’ll be your boogie man. 🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼

I love how everybody is simping up to PVA and kissing their ass, and demonizing me. Y’all are the most childish and pathetic grown man I’ve even encountered on a a forum. 🤣😂🤣

Boogie man….nah, just an ignorant loudmouth.

Reactions: Jnull
Boogie man….nah, just an ignorant loudmouth.
Oh boo-hoo, cry a river…. Supposedly, I was wrong, but I’m not going to apologize for being wrong. They still re-cut the threads, and proved the mount was junk. If the threads were perfect, and the crown was perfect, why re-cut them? 🤷🏼 People are wrong all the time. People make mistakes. The fact everyone is butthurt and still bitching proves I’m right for not giving a fuck what yall think. 👍🏼

We aren’t moving forward because you doubled down on dumb ass and it’s laughable.
"Doubled-down" by not apologizing? That's weak. They still re-cut everything... If they were supposedly perfect the first time, why even touch them? Why go through all that work, when they could simply say "the mount is bad", and then prove the runout on the defective mounts, and then it becomes Area 419's problem. 🤷🏼

Last edited:

What’s childish and pathetic is a grown man who can’t type a sentence without littering emojis through it. You’re a joke to everyone here and look dumber with everything you say, if that’s even possible.

It’s really funny that you non stop accuse guys of being fanboys when you’re the biggest fanboy there is for dead air and otter creek. I’ll take my suppressor advice from someone that has experience with more then 2 companies and doesn’t have to save up for a tax stamp, go be poor and stupid elsewhere.

What’s childish and pathetic is a grown man who can’t type a sentence without littering emojis through it. You’re a joke to everyone here and look dumber with everything you say, if that’s even possible.

It’s really funny that you non stop accuse guys of being fanboys when you’re the biggest fanboy there is for dead air and otter creek. I’ll take my suppressor advice from someone that has experience with more then 2 companies and doesn’t have to save up for a tax stamp, go be poor and stupid elsewhere.
And I'll take forum advice from someone who has more than 200 posts.

I’m using both, dead air keymo and area 419 system. I use keymo on all my ARs and A419 on all my bolt guns. Never had a problem with either. I’ve run the A419 adapters on dead air, TBAC, and silencerco cans.

I agree xeno looks good as well and if you’re only going to run dead air cans/hub cans I’m sure it’s gtg. But if you ever buy a non hub can I.e. most of TBACs cans then the early investment in A419 will save you money in the long run and you’ll be able to run all your cans on your bolt guns.

Every company has a QC issue eventually, just my opinion but I wouldn’t let that scare me off. Seems both companies have no problem owning up to there mistakes and doing anything they can to make it right.

I’m using both, dead air keymo and area 419 system. I use keymo on all my ARs and A419 on all my bolt guns. Never had a problem with either. I’ve run the A419 adapters on dead air, TBAC, and silencerco cans.

I agree xeno looks good as well and if you’re only going to run dead air cans/hub cans I’m sure it’s gtg. But if you ever buy a non hub can I.e. most of TBACs cans then the early investment in A419 will save you money in the long run and you’ll be able to run all your cans on your bolt guns.

Every company has a QC issue eventually, just my opinion but I wouldn’t let that scare me off. Seems both companies have no problem owning up to there mistakes and doing anything they can to make it right.

Edit: just reread the OP. If you’re already running A419 I personally wouldn’t switch. I can’t imagine the xeno brakes are better than A419 if and when you use it that way, and when using the can they are both threaded taper mounts so not sure what the xeno is gonna give you over what you already have. Plus the A419 is more versatile.

Last edited:
I’m hardly bitching, just stating facts.
Facts? You don’t know anything about me, my financial status or why it is the way it is, or how much personal experience I have with anything. You only know what I show you. Therefore, making personal attacks based on extremely limited amounts of information is a fairly idiotic thing to do.

Facts? You don’t know anything about me, my financial status or why it is the way it is, or how much personal experience I have with anything. You only know what I show you. Therefore, making personal attacks based on extremely limited amounts of information is a fairly idiotic thing to do.

Says the village idiot…

Edit: just reread the OP. If you’re already running A419 I personally wouldn’t switch. I can’t imagine the xeno breaks are better than A419 if and when you use it that way, and when using the can they are both threaded taper mounts so not sure what the xeno is gonna give you over what you already have. Plus the A419 is more versatile.
Agreed with both your posts. I use keymo on ARs and A419 on everything else as well.

Also agreed with both of the below posts. Hit ignore on him and your life will be better for it. Hopefully a mod will do it for everyone one day.
just an ignorant loudmouth.
village idiot…

Reactions: jb0311 and Jnull
Most people run them the other way'round. Flash hider and muzzle brake mounts on ARs and Area419 mounts on bolt guns. But here's a thought. If you're going to run the one Nomad LTi on all your bolt guns...and they all have 5/8 24 muzzle threads...do you need a Xeno suppressor adapter and 4 correspondinh mounts? Or just one direct thread adapter on your suppressor hub? You could save weight, length, and money.

I'm betting you're excited about your suppressor and looking for opportunities to accessorize as a way to use your suppressor vicariously while it's still in jail.

I have thought about just doing the direct thread but was thinking some form of taper mount would help prevent the suppressor from walking off. I might be over thinking it. The only direct thread suppressor I currently use is a TBAC Takedown 22. My Gemtec G5 on my work 5.56 uses their quick mount brake. I use the AREA 419 with my Griffin Armament Bushwhacker 46. It gets rotated between a 6.8 SPC, .308 AR-10, and my .338LM boltgun until I can get a Gen2 .338 Ultra from TBAC.