• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Arhlon warranty Comes through.

Southern Custom

Master Engraver
Minuteman
  • So I had a misshap with my Ares a few weeks back. My rifle was packed in a Savior case and sitting on a chair about 1.5 feet off the ground when it got bumped and hit the ground. I gave the scope a once over and all looked fine so I brushed it off. Got home and while cleaning realized the mag ring was stiff and gritty. It smoothed out after a few cycles but the following weekend I found the parralax was out.
    After returning it Athlon sent a new one back to me no questions asked. Took about 2 weeks from shipping till a new one arrived. My receipt stated ”failed parallax test”. No I never expected this scope to compare to higher tier optics in terms of durability but for a shooter on a budget and with a warranty that's this fast and hassle free, what's not to like. Experience was good enough I may have to give a Cronus a shot when I step up for the next build.

I had an Ares ETR whos illumination stopped working shortly after receiving it. Sent it in on their dime and within a week had a new one at my door.

So I had a misshap with my Ares a few weeks back. My rifle was packed in a Savior case and sitting on a chair about 1.5 feet off the ground when it got bumped and hit the ground. I gave the scope a once over and all looked fine so I brushed it off. Got home and while cleaning realized the mag ring was stiff and gritty. It smoothed out after a few cycles but the following weekend I found the parralax was out.
    After returning it Athlon sent a new one back to me no questions asked. Took about 2 weeks from shipping till a new one arrived. My receipt stated ”failed parallax test”. No I never expected this scope to compare to higher tier optics in terms of durability but for a shooter on a budget and with a warranty that's this fast and hassle free, what's not to like. Experience was good enough I may have to give a Cronus a shot when I step up for the next build.

You will not regret running a Cronus when the day comes to get one. In my opinion the glass is super clear!

Reactions: drewthebrave
    Sent my Athlon Argos BTR in last week for a focus issue and it shipped Monday and by Thursday Athlon sent me an email telling me that evaluation showed it would not be repaired.

The warehouse will ship me a new scope but I don't have confirmation yet. I do love Athlon ....hoping I get my replacement in time to get range time by Friday.

VooDoo

Another good Athlon experience here....
    I had an Argos BTR 6-24x, and was just unimpressed with the glass quality and focus, especially at distances >100 yards and >10x power. No matter what I did with parallax or focus it didn’t look good/right. I shipped it on Monday, they received on Thursday, and today they shipped me a brand new replacement.

I have to wonder how much we're paying vs the build cost when they just send a brand new scope instead of repairing...

I will say good on Athlon though. I have looked through a bunch of their stuff and while the clarity is horrible up until the Midas line, I appreciate their CS and feature set.

I have to wonder how much we're paying vs the build cost when they just send a brand new scope instead of repairing...

I will say good on Athlon though. I have looked through a bunch of their stuff and while the clarity is horrible up until the Midas line, I appreciate their CS and feature set.

I'll actually take the argos "clarity" over the Vortex Diamondback tactical in the same magnification range...

Athlon service has been excellent. Had a Midas BTR that would not focus past 250 years and they sent me a TAC to replace it. I have loved the TACs so much that I ordered my 3rd one a few days ago. I also managed to tear up a turret knob and they sent me another one for free.