• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arizona: 8pn-5am curfew.

Jgunner

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 29, 2019
    Arizona
    Doug ducey called this in today. Can be a misdemeanor if found out in public after 8pm up until 5 am unless a first responder or just an essential worker/got a real reason or whatever.

The problem is: they are not abiding.

Will police do their job? Will the police be allowed to do their job? If mass arrests happen, where will they all be put?

I see they are deploying tear gas.

The list of exemptions is long, including obtaining food. I’m in Tucson this week for work. I anticipate having to travel between my elderly parent’s house and my buddy’s house where I’m caring for his dog after curfew. I expect this will only be enforced against protesters/looters, not against normal taxpayers.

https://azgovernor.gov/governor/news/2020/05/emergency-declaration-curfew-beginning-tonight

The curfew will be in place from 8:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. and shall expire on Monday, June 8, 2020 at 5:00 a.m. unless further extended.
    1. During the hours of curfew, all persons are prohibited from using, standing, sitting, traveling or being present on any public street or in any public place, including for the purpose of travel, with the following exemptions:
      1. All law enforcement, firefighters, paramedics or other medical personnel, National Guard, as well as any other emergency response personnel authorized by the State of Arizona, and credentialed members of the media.
      2. Individuals traveling directly to and from work; attending religious services; commercial trucking and delivery services; obtaining food; caring for a family member, friend, or animal; patronizing or operating private businesses; seeking medical care or fleeing dangerous circumstances; and travel for any of the above services.

Reactions: Jgunner