• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arizona Precision Rifle match

Mod Adahy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2010
East Helena, Mt
Just wanted to update you guys on a Practical Rifle match that we are holding once a month.
[img:center]http://
Augflyer.jpg
[/img]

AZPRC.NET

Re: Arizona Precision Rifle match

Sounds like a fun match. Are the target distance unknown and we have to range them?

Your squad can range them, but they are unknown until you arrive at shooting station and verify the corresponding target. Target sizes start with the skinny sammie (3"x8") all the way upto a 16" target. We still have a few openings.

So far I have from PHX

Tim
Gina
Scott
Michael
shmonty
Roger
Steve
Jim (possibly)

I have the whole list on my laptop and will double check it tonight.

Let me know if I have left you out and I will put you in. I will make sure of that.

Brad

nick, another one of scotts' phoenix shooters.

Shmonty's from Flagstaff.So is Ross Neder.He's coming too if there's room.

See you Phoenicians in Prescott.

Looks like the hit factor keeps going up! It'll be good to see Steve and Ross (they melt in the heat).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the hit factor keeps going up! It'll be good to see Steve and Ross (they melt in the heat). </div></div>

LOL...We disappear when it gets over 100 degrees.

Here is the current list of shooters

Tim Milk.
Scott Milk.
Regina Milk.
Mike R.
Michael N.
Steve E.
Dan E.
Steve E.
Roger T.
Mark W.
Steve M.
Ross N.
Nick ????
Keith J.
Mike M.
Lowe ????
Gary M.
Bruno ????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Azprc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is the current list of shooters

Tim Milk.
Scott Milk.
Regina Milk.
Mike R.
Michael N.
Steve E.
Dan E.
Steve E.
Roger T.
Mark W.
Steve M.
Ross N.
Nick ????
Keith J.
Mike M.
Lowe ????
Gary M.
Bruno ???? </div></div>

dats alotta milk

Just finished putting the powder in the brass. I will see you there Sunday.

You max out at 20 right? If my schedule works out, my wife Paula and I might like to join the fun.

You would be more than welcome to come Cory. You may bring your wife with you, as long as she does not make us look to bad.

Brad
Azprc.net

Good match Brad, and what you do for Wounded Warrior!

Top four rifles: From bottom right CCW-

#1 Rem700Man's Surgeon actioned 260, USO SN3 (Congratsbrother!!)
#3 Gary M's (I don't think he's on the Hide) SpecTacLR 6XC/S&B 4-16 DTac
#2 steve123's Mak Tubegun 6X47L, USO
#4 your's truly's Trued R700 7-08, USO 5-25 T-Pal
-RossN picked up fifth, but I cropped his rifle by mistake, it was just above steve123's.

ecfe0f30.jpg

Wow How did I not see this posted, Im an idiot I guess. Ill have to make it to the next one.

Its been on the 'hide over a week and LRPRS.com for a month, and I thought it was discussed at the TPRC meeting you attended....

I am in for the Phoenix match at PRG in August, but I did not know that there was one in Prescott this month, Ill have to make it next month I guess.

Brad...great match...thin air....outstanding good time and good people!!!

I don't recall who I spoke with inre the contact at Elcan but here's the entire response to my query of the generic reticle and ballistics:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Elcan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Good day Mr. N,

My name is Ted Milner and I am with Armament Technology Incorporated, the master distributor for the ELCAN product line in North America. We have been forwarded your inquiry by ELCAN Optical Technologies.

The Custom Solutions tab I believe you are speaking of on the ELCAN Website is not a Custom Shop aka Leupold.com or other. It would be were you could discuss the possibility of buying a custom model, although unless your plan was to buy several hundred or thousand, it would likely be very expensive.

The SpecterDR is currently available in BDC type reticles as the inherent nature of the scope is to adjust for zero and then lock the adjustments in place, or 'set-and-forget' if you will. I am not sure a Mildot reticle would be effective without adjustment turret style knobs.

With respect to your question on ballistics, the model DFOV156-C2 is calibrated for a blend of 147gr and 168gr MATCH from a 20" barrel.

I would be happy to discuss further if you wish.

Kind regards,

Ted Milner.</div></div>

Next match on the 5th or 12th? We had decided yesterday that the next match would be on Sept 5th, but that is Labor Day weekend. Send me an email with your preferences and we will take the day with the most responses.

Brad
Azprc.net

Finally getting settled in at work.

First off I want to thank Brad for putting this on. He is doing a great job for WWF.

It was one hell of a match, very challanging and still a ton of fun. Thanks Brad.

It was nice to shoot with some new faces. It also very nice to finally pop my cherry and walk away with a win.

If anyone has been on the fence about this match I strongly recommend giving it a shot. It is a very humbling course of fire.

Yeah I had a great time too. Thanks Brad we all appreciate the effort. Very humbling COF.

I believe the date is now set at Sept 5th. Due to popular demand we have added one target at 1005yds. It will be a 10" steel popper. It will be shot from the parking area at the finale of the match for all to watch. I am thinking of making it a double points stage. That would take one of the targets away from the C shooting position, which should help with the time on station C and get the whole group together for the final target. Let me know what you think.

I see how it is. Win a match and now all targets are to easy!

Congrats by the way.

The winner

[img:center]
08152010024.jpg
[/img]

Couple more pics.

Lowe after his first hit of the match.
08152010032.jpg
[/img]

Lowe again.
08152010014.jpg
[/img]

I have to agree with everyone this is a fun match with a lot of interesting shooting positions.

On accident I video'd instead of snapping a pic. WTF topic were we ...oh forget it!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IL7WOYws2yI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IL7WOYws2yI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

All that comes out of that jackass's mouth is F-bombs!
eek.gif

I think he was referring to the "cow-F*ing boy" target. I thought it was bad I can't read my own writing, but now I can't even understand my own speech
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I had a great time too. Thanks Brad we all appreciate the effort. Very humbling COF.

</div></div>

So is it "Lowe", or "Low Left?"

Brad,

That was a fun match! Thanks for all your efforts. We should nick name you Mountain Goat,that's some rough terrain you set those steels in.

Nice to see all the Phoenix crowd too! Geez Mike way to shoot man!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All that comes out of that jackass's mouth is F-bombs!
eek.gif

I think he was referring to the "cow-F*ing boy" target. I thought it was bad I can't read my own writing, but now I can't even understand my own speech
laugh.gif
</div></div>

LMFAO!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I had a great time too. Thanks Brad we all appreciate the effort. Very humbling COF.

</div></div>

So is it "Lowe", or "Low Left?"</div></div>

My full name is: Lowe High Left-Right.

Nice language!

WOW!! F-bombs unloaded there. I said my share of those too. I even used LHGina's "Really?" "Are you f-in kidding me".

Great time, can't wait til next month.