• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Arizona Shooting Spots

RanchhandTCR

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2013
Williams, AZ
Hello Guys.

Im trying to find a decent place near the Mesa/PHX arizona to try to shoot out to 1000 yards or farther, and I do not want to deal with ranges. I recently moved from Colorado, to here and would appreciate some locations where I can go a spot out areas to shoot. I just dont want mr ranger, or warden dropping buy with the ticket book out either so if you know some peculiar laws that I may not know that be helpful too, Ive been down to Florence and some ok spots but with no backdrop just flat and chico bushes and cacti. Thought about going up to four peaks and rosevelt lake but there are alot of hikers and offroader to be found, and I know about the infamous sycamore creek. Any help or suggestions to send me in the correct direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul (RanchhandTCR)

Me and a buddy on the hide have been looking quite a bit in that area and have really come up empty. There a quad trails and campers everywhere. I'll keep you posted if we find anything.

As far as rules just be sure to check the fire restrictions and also any posted signs that say no shooting and you should be good to go if outside city limits.

Last edited:
I appreciate it, I will keep everyone here posted to as my findings as well, when I go to the shoot in phoenix and everytime I ask someone where in the desert the shoot, they just say in the desert. I found a decent spot up in Forest Lakes Estate but has some heavy fallen timber but if you shoot from hill to hill there some decent ranges. Just want to be somewhere, that some one wont walk in front or behind my shooting path.. and also to be undisturbed.

You can target shoot on National forest or BLM land, but not state trust land. Land status maps can be found online or at Sportsmans Warehouse in Mesa. There are areas with in the national forests that have signs posted stating"no target shooting congested area". Other than that dont shoot with in a 1/4 mile of an occupied building, across roads, trails or washes. Keep a watch for free range cattle. Four Peaks has several spots out to 1000, as you already know it gets busy on the weekends with dust kicking up with all the offroaders. Forest road 60 North of Lake Roosevelt, and Cherry Creek road both off of route 288 will have plenty of spots and isnt all that busy on the weekends if there are no hunts going on. I know the area north of Florence well its mostly state trust land. Sycamore Creek should be avoided for certain.

You can target shoot on National forest or BLM land, but not state trust land. Land status maps can be found online or at Sportsmans Warehouse in Mesa. There are areas with in the national forests that have signs posted stating"no target shooting congested area". Other than that dont shoot with in a 1/4 mile of an occupied building, across roads, trails or washes. Keep a watch for free range cattle. Four Peaks has several spots out to 1000, as you already know it gets busy on the weekends with dust kicking up with all the offroaders. Forest road 60 North of Lake Roosevelt, and Cherry Creek road both off of route 288 will have plenty of spots and isnt all that busy on the weekends if there are no hunts going on. I know the area north of Florence well its mostly state trust land. Sycamore Creek should be avoided for certain.

Care to set up an east valley snipershide get together at one of the long range areas you have been to? I have a few steel targets and a jeep. Would love to meet some other local long range shooters.

A get together would be a great idea. I know of a spot at table mesa rd area but it gets busy. If you want to know exactly where it is send me a message and I'll let you know.

You can target shoot on National forest or BLM land, but not state trust land. Land status maps can be found online or at Sportsmans Warehouse in Mesa. There are areas with in the national forests that have signs posted stating"no target shooting congested area". Other than that dont shoot with in a 1/4 mile of an occupied building, across roads, trails or washes. Keep a watch for free range cattle. Four Peaks has several spots out to 1000, as you already know it gets busy on the weekends with dust kicking up with all the offroaders. Forest road 60 North of Lake Roosevelt, and Cherry Creek road both off of route 288 will have plenty of spots and isnt all that busy on the weekends if there are no hunts going on. I know the area north of Florence well its mostly state trust land. Sycamore Creek should be avoided for certain.[/QUOTE

Im gonna go burn some diesel this weekend! Appreciate the info alot! Been frustrating a touch, starting to think Id have to go up to holbrook to shoot..