• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ark of the Covenant - greatest human mystery?

RUTGERS95

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2009
NJ
Watching Raiders of the Lost Ark with the kids. Ark location has to be the most puzzling and longest lasting mysteries of significance in human history imho

any others that rival it?

It's in Ethiopia, guarded by Ethiopian Christians who will kill you before they let you see it. If the Jews had it they would be charging $40 bucks a pop for tourists to get a peek. If Catholics had it, the Pope would be bathing 2nd grade boys in it or some such thing. Muslims would give Muhammad credit for discovering it. Everyone else would have melted it down and turned it into coinage.

It's an outdated covenant anyway, so the location doesn't concern me.

But I know that some people live for this stuff, so...

image-20160610-29200-1i698fz.jpg

If I recall it was lost during the reign of Antiacus Epiphones and never mentioned again. It also became obselete after the birth of The Christ
in the 19th year of King Josiah, the ark was returned to the temple (2 Chron 35:3). This is the last time it was mentioned as being physically present. 40 years later, Nebuchadnezzar sacked the temple. It is possible that the ark was one of the things defiled by his grandson Belshazzar, when the writing on the wall appeared. More likely, it was melted down by Nebuchadnezzar for one of his gold images. The Ark in Heaven is said to be different, as the earthly temple had "copies of heavenly things"

gods chosen gun case / silencer case including music , dry ice effects , and light show . and one day it will be mine .....
raiders-of-the-lost-ark-face-melt.gif

Hopefully, the Holy Grail and the Ark will never be found (and I don't believe they will). Stupid humans would worship them. Look at the attention the Shroud of Turin attracts...and no one is sure of the authenticity. Don't even get me started on water stains and potato chips.

Reactions: lariat and KYAggie
When we were in Israel in 2009, they took us in the Rabbi's Tunnel by the Wailing Wall. We walked down to 92' below the present street level and we stopped at an obviously recently bricked off arched entrance. We were told that in 1994 the ARK was found during their excavation of the tunnel. It lies about 15' under the mosque (past and future location of the Temple). They told us that the Jewish, Catholic and Muslim leaders were summoned for a meeting. All claimed to own it and war was getting ready to break out over it, so they jointly decided to cement off the entrance and deal with it later. They also told us that there is 24/7 prayer going on by the Jewish, Catholic and Muslims over the ARK since its discovery. Obviously don't know if this is true, but that's what we were told.

Reactions: Maggot
When we were in Israel in 2009, they took us in the Rabbi's Tunnel by the Wailing Wall. We walked down to 92' below the present street level and we stopped at an obviously recently bricked off arched entrance. We were told that in 1994 the ARK was found during their excavation of the tunnel. It lies about 15' under the mosque (past and future location of the Temple). They told us that the Jewish, Catholic and Muslim leaders were summoned for a meeting. All claimed to own it and war was getting ready to break out over it, so they jointly decided to cement off the entrance and deal with it later. They also told us that there is 24/7 prayer going on by the Jewish, Catholic and Muslims over the ARK since its discovery. Obviously don't know if this is true, but that's what we were told.
not sure I buy this

The construction and methodology of the Great Pyramid of Giza certainly ranks up there.

I have a theory. They laid the first course then put a layer of sant up to the edge, built the next course, leveled it with sand, the next course and so on. When the reached the top it was buried so they removed the sand until it was uncovered. That doesnt explain how they moved the huge stones, but i seem to remember reading of a causeway spotted by aerial imaging leading form the quarry to the west. It doesnt explain the exact orientation north/south, or many of the other interesting mathematical alignments.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
in the 19th year of King Josiah, the ark was returned to the temple (2 Chron 35:3). This is the last time it was mentioned as being physically present. 40 years later, Nebuchadnezzar sacked the temple. It is possible that the ark was one of the things defiled by his grandson Belshazzar, when the writing on the wall appeared. More likely, it was melted down by Nebuchadnezzar for one of his gold images. The Ark in Heaven is said to be different, as the earthly temple had "copies of heavenly things"
Or perhaps, the Jews, foreseeing the end of the kingdoms, moved it to a secure location.

The construction and methodology of the Great Pyramid of Giza certainly ranks up there.

I have a theory. They laid the first course then put a layer of sant up to the edge, built the next course, leveled it with sand, the next course and so on. When the reached the top it was buried so they removed the sand until it was uncovered. That doesnt explain how they moved the huge stones, but i seem to remember reading of a causeway spotted by aerial imaging leading form the quarry to the west. It doesnt explain the exact orientation north/south, or many of the other interesting mathematical alignments.
The one that blew my mind the most was, that they sit at 29.9792458°N, and the speed of light is exactly 299,792,458 metres per second.
I don't know how to crunch the numbers of probability of that being a coincidence.

The one that blew my mind the most was, that they sit at 29.9792458°N, and the speed of light is exactly 299,792,458 metres per second.
I don't know how to crunch the numbers of probability of that being a coincidence.

The Great Pyramid’s location isn’t as spooky as this post makes out:

Wasn't that the holy grail as in "The Da Vinci Code" based on the book by Dan Brown?
Maybe it does all come back to hot wet pussy.

I tell my girl all the time I go down on her before I smash because her vag juice has anti aging properties. I fully believe it too. Its the key to staying young bro, just rub your face all in/on hot wet pussy.

It's in Ethiopia, guarded by Ethiopian Christians who will kill you before they let you see it. If the Jews had it they would be charging $40 bucks a pop for tourists to get a peek. If Catholics had it, the Pope would be bathing 2nd grade boys in it or some such thing. Muslims would give Muhammad credit for discovering it. Everyone else would have melted it down and turned it into coinage.
Muslims would have destroyed it

Reactions: 232593
God took it back.

It ain't here no mo.
They believe God's Word insofar as the Ark actually exists or else they wouldn't be asking its' whereabouts.
They don't believe God's Word when it plainly tells them where it was last seen.

They believe God's Word insofar as the Ark actually exists or else they wouldn't be asking its' whereabouts.
They don't believe God's Word when it plainly tells them where it was last seen.

Well to the credit of many, key points of reality are taught like fairy tales in a lot of "church" houses these days and people tune out.

There is a plan, and not everyone is meant to get it right away.

Doesn't mean any of us souls are loved more than the other.