• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Arkansas gun/nfa lawyer

Re: Arkansas gun/nfa lawyer

I live in arizona and used one in florida. He sent it to a lawyer in phoenix to check over to make sure it was ok with arizona law.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAJ MALFUNCTION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wouldn't the lawyer you use for your trust need to be in your home state (where he has a license to practice law)? </div></div>

This has always been my position and the reason I only draft them for folks in my state. I believe drafting a trust for someone in another state (which you are inherently warranting to be a valid trust in that state) would be considered practicing law in that state. I haven't looked at any statutes or ethics opinions on this so, I stand to be proven wrong. Just my $.02.

trust law varies state to state. Get it checked over by home state lawyer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cmdecker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAJ MALFUNCTION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wouldn't the lawyer you use for your trust need to be in your home state (where he has a license to practice law)? </div></div>

This has always been my position and the reason I only draft them for folks in my state. I believe drafting a trust for someone in another state (which you are inherently warranting to be a valid trust in that state) would be considered practicing law in that state. I haven't looked at any statutes or ethics opinions on this so, I stand to be proven wrong. Just my $.02. </div></div>
I agree and only draft for those in my home State of OHIO (go bucks) and in my home State it would be unauthorized practice of law for an out of State atty to even give legal advice let alone draft a trust.

Thanks for all the replies but i was hoping to find someone semi-local. Kinda old fashioned I guess but still prefer face to face when possible. I don't really care if they just do "gun" law, but would prefer if they could spell NFA.

dferg77, you could give the guys at Wilson Combat, or Nighthawk Customs a call and they would probably point you in the right direction.